Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Sirius Xm playing the top 1000 rock & roll songs on channel 30

They've gone through the list at least three times, I think, but not sure how long they'll keep it up. I enjoy it while
    I'm driving.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Sirius Xm playing the top 1000 rock & roll songs on channel 30

Thanks, badrose. I may listen to that tomorrow while in the car some, if I get tired of (or if my wife gets tired of) listening to ballgames. We have 6 hours of driving tomorrow on the road, so that's handy to know.

Sirius Xm playing the top 1000 rock & roll songs on channel 30

What’s the top ten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Not sure. I have it paused on my computer at home. I think #1 is a Beatles song.

Imo Stairway to Heaven – Led Zeppelin

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I wouldn't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    Not sure. I have it paused on my computer at home. I think #1 is a Beatles song.
    Then they're mistaken. lol.

Freebird is the greatest rock song ever recorded, and I dare anyone to go to a biker rally and say different.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I could live with that one as #1.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Controversial, slow and beautiful, acoustic and woodwinds, hard and fast, both mellow vocals and all out vocal wailing, all tied together by one of the greatest electric guitar solos of all time. So good in fact, imo the venerable Jimmy Page was never the same player afterwards.

Very hard to put anything above it.

Last edited by kingcat; 03-09-2019 at 12:38 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

it's good. but let's face it, it can't hold a candle to the Rednex Cotton Eyed Joe.

Stairway to Heaven got the top spot. Good call, Kingcat! So much of my listening was spotty. I was curious where Bohemian Rhapsody fell.

BTW they've been playing these songs continuously about 3 or 4 days now. I hasn't gotten old yet.

I found a discussion on line...Bohemian Rhapsody is #16. A little low IMO.

Tuesday's Gone made the list but further down. I probably would have had it much higher.

Bob Seger's You'll Accomp'ny Me ....had forgotten that one.

I would have Proud Mary way up there too. Along with a couple other CCR songs.

CCR or the Turners?

CCR easily. I cannot stand the Turner’s version at all.

I’m not a big music person, but I like the CCR version but change the channel if the other version is playing. (CCR has several songs I enjoy)

CCR or the Turners?

I'd probably go with CCR but I liked the Turner's version as well.

They're still running the Sirius XM countdown if anyone is still interested. I'd be satisfied if they just continued running the loop and leave it. Hard to get bored with it being 1000 songs.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Then they're mistaken. lol.

Freebird is the greatest rock song ever recorded, and I dare anyone to go to a biker rally and say different.
    Followed closely by Sweet Home Alabama. Nothing like listening to that song with a live audience in Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.
    Real Fan since 1958

Fab Five

I don’t believe any CCR song ever made it to the top of the charts.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Followed closely by Sweet Home Alabama. Nothing like listening to that song with a live audience in Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.
    Oh I bet. lol. that must be quite a scene.

It's unreal CCR never had a number 1. The other one that shocks me is Springstein. Esp. during his big resurgence in the late 80s and early 90s with Born to Run.

Here's one guy's breakdown in the Stairway to Heaven vs. Bohemian Rhapsody comparisons.

https://www.quora.com/Which-song-is-...rway-to-Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Oh I bet. lol. that must be quite a scene.

It's unreal CCR never had a number 1. The other one that shocks me is Springstein. Esp. during his big resurgence in the late 80s and early 90s with Born to Run.
    I liked The River.

With CCR, their songs were enduring while of the big hits of the day, many faded. I remember an ongoing argument I had over who was the better band in the early seventies, CCR or Grand Funk. At the time Funk was considered way above Credence by "rockers"and did have two number one hits. CCR was considered bubble gum by the hard rock crowd that was coming up. Alice Cooper, Sabbath, and stuff like that played a huge role in the type of music which charted. A lot of great music went under appreciated until years later.
    CCR on the other had had two number one albums in the USA, Green River and Cosmo's Factory, and a number one single in the UK, Bad Moon Rising

I think that fifty years from now CCR will be considered an iconic band while Funk will be pretty much forgotten, which was exactly my argument back then. I consider Fogerty himself one of the top ten rock artists in all of history..and possibly top five.

And I believe that even today if many of those CCR songs were first released, they would still be major hits. That cant be said of most music.
    Usually with many of their popular songs people still recognize them as soon as the first note or beat sounds....a true measure of their real impact over time.

Inn 69 Proud Mary went to #2 and was the first of five singles to peak at #2 for Credence

For example, in 1969 Sugar Sugar by the Archies was the top charting song of the year and Aquarius number two. The rockers that followed always considered Credence music similar to those songs and in the "not cool" catagory.
    Last edited by kingcat; 03-18-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Let's not forget The Allman Brothers. Loved the instrumental, Jessica. It was on the Brothers and Sisters album.

Let's not forget The Allman Brothers. Loved the instrumental, Jessica. It was on the Brothers and Sisters album.
    Hugely under-rated

Last edited by badrose; 03-18-2019 at 09:48 PM.