Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

I'm giving up driving to work. I have a vanpool I can ride but I have to get up earlier and get home later, plus it's not as comfortable as my vehicle. So I usually don't ride it. But I save about 3 gallons of gas and wear and tear on the car every time I ride the vanpool, so I need to do it. So I'm going to ride the van and give up my personal ride.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Re: Are you giving up anything for Lent?

Exercise.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Sweets, including, ice cream, cookies, cakes, pies, candy, pastries, pop cycles... basically processed sugar.

For me, it’s really hard, I do enjoy my desserts and snacks. Bonus, I’ll drop a few pounds too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Stress...

Fab Five

I have made a lot of lifestyle changes over the last year. For lent I will fast and focus on penance.
    Real Fan since 1958

sleep
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Self denial.

Just kidding.
    Even as a Baptist, I try to make sure I give up something.
    I will fast one day of the week (have to be careful doing that, Type II) and I give up sodas, no more Coke Zero for a while for Pap.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Seriously I don't know. Should give up something, but I've already given up everything but sex, drugs, booze and gambling. My life is so clean I'm running out of things to sacrifice.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Seriously I don't know. Should give up something, but I've already given up everything but sex, drugs, booze and gambling. My life is so clean I'm running out of things to sacrifice.
    I might suggest lettuce, and I’m not just saying plain lettuce, I’m talk’n about making it a real sacrifice, and including, iceberg, romain, and loose leaf. I can’t imagine the weight it will add to your burden, but someone has to lead the way...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

I'm still trying to decide. But I'm going to take some time and give it some thought. I
    I've set a target date of April 22.

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    I might suggest lettuce, and I’m not just saying plain lettuce, I’m talk’n about making it a real sacrifice, and including, iceberg, romain, and loose leaf. I can’t imagine the weight it will add to your burden, but someone has to lead the way...

Funny enough I really like salads. Maybe I could work up to it and start with liver. I hate liver. I could give that up this year and next year maybe give up turnips or beets or something.

I’ve given up soft drinks and candy snacks. I prettt much live off of Diet Mountain Dews, so after 2 days I felt like I had a building sitting on my head from caffeine withdrawals. But I’m starting to sleep a little better now, and I’ve even halfway developed a taste for water!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully