Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: MUSIC VIDEO Thread 1: Your Favorite "Go to" Song

MUSIC VIDEO Thread 1: Your Favorite "Go to" Song

Since we have a cool play toy on this forum (embedding videos), thought we might all way to try it out a bit. Here's what I had in mind.

1) We would start a series of "Music Video" threads.
    2) Each Music Video thread would have some theme. I started this one; I'm not nearly the music person many of you are, so mine is kinda lame. Do not select the next Music Video theme yet (see # 4 below), but think we should "take turns" in starting the new Music Video threads.
    3) Each person that wants to participate should pick ONE video--no more--and post the Youtube version directly in the thread. If you want to post another one, out of respect to others, wait a few posts before you post again to allow a nice variety of members posting.
    4) Let's let "Music Video 1" play for a few days, or a week, before moving to "Music Video 2." Yeah, I know, it's fun, and we have tons of great "themes" availabe. But if we don't try to rush through it, I think it'll stay fresh for a long time and we can have a cool thread going pretty much all the time. Tentatively, let's think about starting new "Music Video" themes every Sunday, and let them run Sunday to Sunday.

Sound ok?

Here's my "go to" song. It has picked me up when I was down, made me mellow when I needed it, just solidified me many times. It's "my" go-to song, as I define it. You define your own, and now--it's your turn!

Re: MUSIC VIDEO Thread 1: Your Favorite "Go to" Song

Anybody who post "thriller", I'm coming over to your house to punch you in the face!

Not sure this is a "go to" one but I don't really have a "go to one". Instead I picked what I feel is the most iconic video. Not a bunch of junk or dumb effects.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-26-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Perfect, Doc--

By the way, if anyone has any problems embedding the video, just post the link to it, and we'll help. But it's really easy--there is a film strip icon located above the reply box. Just click it, and paste in the URL for the youtube video, and boom goes the dynamite, you're done.

I'm assuming that we're going with the 'official' videos and not live performances or anything. Anyway, I love this song.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    I'm assuming that we're going with the 'official' videos and not live performances or anything. Anyway, I love this song.
    Good catagory for the future (live videos)....I have a couple in mind.

I tried to karaoke this one once. After a few cold ones, it's harder than you think it would be.

changing my signature to change our luck.

Had a thing for the girl at the 4:41 mark for 24 years!!
    "It's a mere moment in a man's life between an All-Star Game and an Old-Timers Game." - Vin Scully

Whenever I hear this song it reminds me of spring, hope and renewal.

And I remember actually watching this SNL episode in 1976 and thinking I want to learn to play the guitar and be as cool as George Harrison.

OK, so the 1 copy of this I can find on YouTube doesn't quite work right. But if you click on the link it'll take you to the video.

BTW, in watching this it strikes me: in 1976 that song had only been around for 6 years. It's like playing a song now that was recorded in 2006. I wonder if they knew in 1976 that they were playing a classic.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Anybody who post "thriller", I'm coming over to your house to punch you in the face.

Does this one count?

This one is fitting after April.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyRay View Post
    Does this one count?
    Last edited by Doc; 09-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Well lets see if I can figure out how to post video

What a great idea for a thread. Below is my "GoTo Song".......this song has picked me up more times than I can count.

Probably the best concert I ever saw--Rush at Rupp--1981 or 1982?

changing my signature to change our luck.

Call me a redneck all you want, but here's the greatest song of all time, imho.

I love it to this day, and was fortunate to see them (pre crash) back in '76 at the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville.

Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-18-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Headphones suggested
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

The great thing about this/these type threads is I/we will be reminded of some great music that may have slipped from my/our mind. Thanks ShoesSwayedBlue for that little nugget from Neil Young
    Last edited by blueboss; 09-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
    That one is killer. Love "Old Man" and "Sugar Mountain" too

This is on my top ten.