Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Sums it up really well

Fascism is real, but isn't coming from Trump. Started before Trump, will be pushing forward after he's gone.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...not-from-trump

It isn't Trump suggesting we limit free speech or freedom of association or gun rights.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Sums it up really well

I had a discussion with one of my dyed-in-the-wool democratic friends Monday about similar items in the link.
    I proposed to him the “what if” the First Amendment was subject to background check, permission and amount of what could be said. He said that’s blasphemy. I told him to take a hard look at his own party because first amendment rights are being squandered just as 2nd amendment rights are.
    It’s time to put down party affiliation and do what is right for the country...not what social agenda, or strict, unbending laissez-fair capitalism.

Re: Sums it up really well

Only one side is calling for restrictions on "offensive" speech. Only one side is proposing things as far as government approval of your travel to make sure it's important or necessary enough (yes that's in the Green New Deal).

Normally I see the good and bad in both parties, but the extreme Left has risen like a serpent inside the Democratic Party, and while many think the Trump Populism is doing the same in the GOP, it's clear only one is calling for government control over what we once considered inalienable rights.

The fact that academia and the media are wholly on board with that movement is what makes it so dangerous. There's no one to call it out, no one to point out how dangerous these ideas will be to our liberties. They call out Trump for his wife wearing the "wrong" shoes, so no he's no threat to make many inroads in the kinds of shifts it takes to really lose liberty.

As for true capitalism I'd love to see it, but we haven't had that really ever in this country. We've always more or less had an unholy alliance of big business, big government and post 1920s big labor. None of them really represent or care about truly free markets or the individuals or small businesses of this nation.

But government and big business are poised now to make a huge leap forward in control. From social media engineering to massive government control based on some kind of environmental need and social justice engineered outcomes, they are about to finally end the Great Experiment.

Trump's election is a reaction to that movement, not its cause. It's a desperate cry from those who are disenfranchised by this shift, willing to vote for a guy almost every Trump voter will tell you they dont' like much personally b/c the alternative is to give in to the power of the state and big corporations with no interest in liberty or the economic situation of those on the outside looking in.

But this move by the Left is beyond dangerous. When elected officials say they wish they could pass laws to limit speech they find offensive (and more than one has done it), you know we're heading down a wrong and very dark road.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.