Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: My Office ISP

My Office ISP

Office I do most of my work out of is not really mine, and I don't select the ISP, hardware, software, etc.

It has always seemed sluggish to me, so I thought I would check it, and compared with my phone.

Here are the results. Is this as bad as I think? Screenshot_20190214-131445__01.jpgScreenshot_20190214-131332__01.jpg

Rupp's Runt

My Office ISP

Depends on what you are doing. 7 down for most things is fine. Up doesn't matter with most things.

Is that 7 down with 20 people online? Or 7 with the office empty?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My Office ISP

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Depends on what you are doing. 7 down for most things is fine. Up doesn't matter with most things.

Is that 7 down with 20 people online? Or 7 with the office empty?

There's only 12 of us connected in the office. I doubt there's any real drain on it besides normal email, surfing, etc, with an occasional video I guess. I think it's always slow but I don't often check. I'll recheck tomorrow too.

Rupp's Runt

My Office ISP

It's a little odd because the connection should be synchronous at least. At least most are or much faster down than up. Meaning your down should be at least be 18 unless there is a strain or intentional throttling. Both are unlikely for a small office.

We limit our guest to about 5 down. You can tell it isn't 700 down obviously. But for general surfing, I wouldn't say it lags.

JV Team

Re: My Office ISP

"It's a little odd because the connection should be synchronous at least. At least most are or much faster down than up. Meaning your down should be at least be 18 unless there is a strain or intentional throttling. Both are unlikely for a small office."
    Hmm, I thought the same as well.

By the way, new forum member here. Whenever I'm taking a break from this particular interest, I'm usually found at home, watching my ferret play in his ferret cage and having fun with the wife and kids. Such a simple and noble life. Cheers, everyone! Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Owenchon; 02-26-2019 at 07:46 AM.