Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: Just something to keep an eye on...unnamed 1999 Duke BB player accused of rape

I don't want this to turn into a Front Porch or Barber Shop topic, but just thought it was worthy of mention here because now a Duke basketball player (unnamed) has been accused of raping a Duke student in 1999. The Duke student is the one who has accused Virginia Lt. Gov. Fairfax of raping her. The story goes, he was aware of the prior rape by the Duke basketball player, the fact that it was reported to the Dean, and she got no help, so he raped her, too.

Not passing on credibility of 20-year old claims or anything. Just something to watch.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-accu...055757900.html

For reference, the 1998-99 Duke team went 37-2. That was the Corey Maggette freshman year. (Brand, Langdon, Avery, Battier et al).

The 1999-00 Duke team went 29-5. Added freshmen Jay Williams, Carlos Boozer, Mike Dunleavy, et al.

Re: OT: Just something to keep an eye on...unnamed 1999 Duke BB player accused of rap

Gotta be careful here... I hate Duke n democratic s but everybody needs due process....remember Duke lacrosse

Bombino

Re: OT: Just something to keep an eye on...unnamed 1999 Duke BB player accused of rap

Shelden Williams was accused of raping a woman in high school but he didn't play for Duke until 2003-2006.

After the 1999 Duke season Elton Brand, William Avery and Corey Maggette all left for the pros and Chris Burgess transferred.
    Receive updates on my UK website on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bigbluehistory

OT: Just something to keep an eye on...unnamed 1999 Duke BB player accused of rape

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow View Post
    Gotta be careful here... I hate Duke n democratic s but everybody needs due process....remember Duke lacrosse
    Exactly. Just tossing it there to keep an eye on it.

I am definitely going to be careful. Yes, Virginia, there is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I am definitely going to be careful. Yes, Virginia, there is a problem.
    The Virginia problem should be solved with the same manner as it’s been solved with the accused and the admitted that sits in our highest offices, the Presidency and the Supreme Court, right?

Just something to keep an eye on.

Quote Originally Posted by JPScott View Post
    Shelden Williams was accused of raping a woman in high school but he didn't play for Duke until 2003-2006.

After the 1999 Duke season Elton Brand, William Avery and Corey Maggette all left for the pros and Chris Burgess transferred.
    That was a misunderstanding. Several Duke fans told me that....and I believe them [sarcasm off]
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

#IBelieve and #metoo
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Comeback Cat

[QUOTE=StuBleedsBlue2;549961]The Virginia problem should be solved with the same manner as it’s been solved with the accused and the admitted that sits in our highest offices, the Presidency and the Supreme Court, right?

Just something to keep an eye on.[/QUO
    Wanted to say something but better keep my mouth shut since this board is supposed to be about sports not political views.
    Last edited by LakeCat; 02-09-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Saw it on Fox News last night and wondered why it hadn’t got any traction. The statute of limitations has expired, but they may have to dredge it up to show credibility for the accuser.

Wonder what Jay Will has to say about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    The Virginia problem should be solved with the same manner as it’s been solved with the accused and the admitted that sits in our highest offices, the Presidency and the Supreme Court, right?

Just something to keep an eye on.
    Right on.

Comeback Cat

Didn’t realize Trump had been accused of rape like Fairfax. Six more years baby!

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Saw it on Fox News last night and wondered why it hadn’t got any traction. The statute of limitations has expired, but they may have to dredge it up to show credibility for the accuser.

I doubt he would comment on that one. But Dicky V sure would.
    He went on a patented rant defending of Pitino earlier, saying he was only guilty of hiring two poor assistants and deserves another job. "Nothing was linked to Rick Pitino"
    Last edited by kingcat; 02-09-2019 at 04:35 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post

North Carolina doesn’t have a statute of limitations on rape.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I can’t imagine anything becoming of this. 20 years is a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    I can’t imagine anything becoming of this. 20 years is a long time.
    Nor should it. If you are assaulted, you report it then. This allows the accuser to mount a defense and investigators to gather evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Nor should it. If you are assaulted, you report it then. This allows the accuser to mount a defense and investigators to gather evidence.
    The alleged assault by the Duke player is claimed to have been reported at the time of the occurrence. Somehow I doubt a proper investigation was conducted.

Let's lock this up !!

Let's lock this up !!
    Sounds good. Everybody is aware. I'm sure somebody will post if there are any developments that impact Duke basketball.

report has it was Corey Maggette

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/fairf...corey-maggette

Yep, same kid who the NCAA ignored the amateur status violations they apply to all other schools

Quote Originally Posted by LakeCat View Post
    Didn’t realize Trump had been accused of rape like Fairfax. Six more years baby!
    Guessing he is referring to these:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ions-full-list

Myron Piggie and Maggette and Duke .