Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Can we all agree Ocasio-Cortez is fencepost dumb or nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post

Was Holder also the beneficiary of a firing and subsequent hire at the peak of the investigation of his boss?

Heck, he may have been Im not sure. If so, I'd agree that is pretty shady stuff.

But seriously, there is always time to start doing right and expecting better. If a thief gets away with stealing from you, do we stop holding the next robber responsible because your house wasn't the one robbed?

Holder was in his words Obama’s “wing man” and refused to investigate any of the numerous improprieties during his time as AG. In fact Holder was never held to account for his fast and furious gun running scheme.

Never too late for the acting AG to prosecute him if there is proof of illegal activity. Why wouldn’t they?

They should go all the way back to 2006 and look at its predecessor Operation Wide Receiver.

I have no problem with anyone facing charges for past criminal activity. Wherever the truth leads. But when it isn’t pursued to it’s just conclusion I begin to doubt the veracity of the existing proof before the law. And think perhaps the right ones did suffer the right consequences.

And perhaps the same will be true for this administration in multiple matters
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-18-2019 at 02:04 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Yeah, I'm the "entrenched one". lol.

Are there right wing "hate" groups? Sure there are. None of them have much of a voice, certainly no input in mainstream media, and no platform other than a dabbling of websites.

Left wing hate groups get CNN specials and endorsements from universities, senior politicians, Hollywood and the mainstream media on a regular basis.

A left winger tried to kill US congressmen, no real outrage. An Antifa member who just was featured on CNN was killed trying to storm a border detention center, barely a raised eyebrow. Let a right winger attack someone and watch the national media panic.

I'm not "Trump's Guy", I'm simply a conservative Libertarian, and that happens to align with many but certainly not all of Trump's policies.

But I do vehemently attack hypocrisy, double standards, and outright political falsehoods wherever I find them, and I find a TON more of them right now coming from the Left, and it's not even close.

When Bush II and the GOP spent like drunken sailors I attacked them. When the GOP Congress for 2 years refused to do what they promised on health care etc. when they had the chance I attacked them.

of course that included the monumental hypocrite John McCain, who you idolize for some reason, but he's a hypocrite. He voted to repeal Obamacare every time he knew it would never mean anything, then the first time it would mean something he bails. That's just pure politics, not morality. He played to his base as long as it was safe, but then bailed when his vote actually counted.

And I called him out, despite being a Republican and war hero.

I've called out the Reagan era policy of releasing many who were mentally ill back into the streets. Called out Bush I and voted for Perot b/c of the "no new taxes" breach of promise.

No, I step across party lines more than most, and Trump really isn't a Republican, he's a Populist. But Populism in part usually wants to blow up the current political process, and I'm all for that, so yes I love watching him put wrenches into the current political machines. Doesn't mean I even like the guy, I don't, he's an ass, but his being such an ass has exposed the duplicity and hypocrisy and the REAL values of the far left of this country, and that I appreciate.

They don't stand for liberty or civil liberties or equality or anything else they claim. They have disavowed them all in the name of opposing Trump, and shown their true colors. They'd ban speech they don't like given the chance, shut down voices that disagree, intimidate through social pressure or threat of violence, and impose their views of what is best and right on everyone regardless of questions of liberty.

You say the right would do that, but there's no proof. In part b/c the Right isn't in charge. but on college campuses and HOllywood etc. where the Left rules we see it happen every day.

There is real empirical proof for my positions on Trump and where the vitriol and hate is coming from, and basically very little if any for your position. That's just the way it is, b/c Antifa is out there committing violence right now on a regular basis, and the KKK, which consists of "a few thousand" members, doesn't do anything but sit around in trailer parks drinking whiskey and complaining about why their lives suck. They do nothing, have no impact at all.

Think about that now. The KKK, the great evil of the far right, has a few thousand members per groups like SPLC, arranged into some few dozen of groups, and Antifa has somewhere in the 200 range of subgroups and no doubt far more total members.

It's just a myth there is a large white, racist extreme right wing out there. It's in the thousands nationally including all the Klan and skinhead groups and the survivalists. It's tiny, and they have no voice, none.

Antifa and BLM get endorsements and meetings with Presidents and Senators, yet the threat and hate is from the Right? Oh please.

I am entrenched. Entrenched in a fundamental belief that individual liberty is more important than the collective state, and everything I talk about on here flows from that premise. Everything I evaluate in political economy is measured by that standard.

What I see is a Left that is so bold about repressing speech and expression and assembly and basic liberty they are putting forth laws to ban words, ban travel, ban everything they don't like. I have never seen a conservative do so with any actual support, but the Left is now getting a real core of support for doing exactly those things.

Trump will only damage this nation's democracy b/c he's the excuse to abandon our liberties.

These constant comparisons to the Nazis are tiresome at best, intellectually insulting at worst. No camp in the US is "like a concentration camp", Trump is not anything close to Hitler.

But if you really want to draw on the rise of the Third Reich and look for signs, it's probably best to liken Trump to the Communists that Hilter used as the justification for his power grab. Hitler demonized the Jews, the Communists as this unseen, vast threat to Germany, and said he had to be elected, and later given emergency powers, to stop it.

Trump is the Reichstag fire, the rallying point for the real fascists to claim the ends justify the means as they shut down opposition and paint anyone who dares disagree with their agenda as a racist sexist homophobe.

Trump is an ass, but he's not going to seize power or nuke NATO or anything else so outlandish, and now getting on 3 years into it I think my position has held up a lot better than yours on who he is and what he will do as President. Likewise, the response by the Left has also been exactly as expected, using Trump to justify a massive shift to a more extreme platform across the board.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 07-18-2019 at 05:09 PM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

We think much differently on the matter. Makes life interesting though.

Very strange coincidence today. And it is not being presented as a talking point for us here, just the unusual timing of the matter.

A Nam vet, or so he said, came in to a shop owned by my cousin and started preaching (and I mean preaching) about democrats and 70 plus thousand sealed indictments the President is holding for Democrats, including the one for Obama, and how Trump already has the special cell assigned for him at GB.

I asked him about the Q that they say the White House verifies researchers finding at the end of the rainbow (according to Q followers and posted GAB articles) He nodded.
    A few more wild comments about how at the polls he watches as raggedly dressed Democrats with things hanging off their belt (whatever that meant) sadly trying to figure out how to vote, while every Republican who voted wore a suit and stood proudly at their station.

Said his Daddy, who was a Democrat told him he was a traitor, when he changed parties but he had found that all democrats were awful people and not fit for this country.

I asked if his Dad was really that bad a person and he stopped, made the big eyes look and said.
    No, my Daddy is a great man.

I couldn't hold back on the guy and he finally scampered out the door with me letting him know I find such talk un-American.

It was a major shock to my cousin, a Republican candidate for Hardin Co. magistrate the last two races (he came very close twice, and will win next election) who read up on the phenomenon while I was there.

I would check out the numbers before discounting a movement like this. Roseanne Barr and conservative talker Curt Schilling are two more prominent believers.

Last edited by kingcat; 07-18-2019 at 07:44 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

The guy just came back to his shop asking if I had a criminal record. Said he worked in law enforcement and was a warden till he retired and I seemed squirrelly to him. Also asked if his Dad (my uncle) , who he talked to originally was senile or a liar. Swears he was told 90 dollars for a new roll and pleat truck seat cover and foam for his show truck.

Last edited by kingcat; 07-19-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Oh, there are insane people of all political persuasions. I try to avoid them, but they're out there.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

The Q thing takes the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    The Q thing takes the cake.
    Q thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Q thing?
    QAnon

Q is the entity supplying all the information. The more “enlightened” followers believe it is an alien from the future who is helping Mr Trump dispose of the deep state. Most widely known belief is seventy some thousand sealed indictments of mostly democrats and the refitting of Guantanamo Bay to jail them
    I believe the Queen of England is included as well as the former POTUS, the Bush family, Clinton’s, etc..

Roseanne Barr is the most famous believer. as is Curt Schilling. Closely aligned with Nazi truths about WW2 and other events. Inspired the pizzagate gunman and the New York Synagogue massacre.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-20-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Guess Im not the only one awake at this ungodly hour
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Donna and I are riding to Ormand Beach with my daughters family. It was a 2:00 AM departure I still haven’t been able to sleep but the free accommodations and trip were something we couldn’t pass up
    Paw Paw and Nana will serve as built in sitters a couple of nights.

Speaking of QAnon. There is a huge new billboard just south of Chattanooga going North that reads.

"QAnon..it is freedom"

It may be dangerous to say but...People have gone plum crazy.
    Last edited by kingcat; 07-27-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Another case of verbal diarrhea from AOC

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...lege-as-a-scam

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    Another case of verbal diarrhea from AOC

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...lege-as-a-scam

Many Republican lawmakers have dismissed the movement. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said earlier this year that the push was "driven by the idea [that] Democrats want rural America to go away politically
    ."

That sums it up pretty well.

The only real threat is this state compact deal, but I hope SCOTUS strikes it down if it goes into effect. it's an end run around the Constitution and the Federalist system. Ironically it's also a violation of the Voting Rights Act, b/c it basically says all their electoral votes go to whoever gets the most votes, not based on how their state's voters voted. It in theory disenfranchises their own voters.

But AOC once again is nuts. I love people who think they are so much smarter than this nations Founders. Who the hell do they think they are? Our system of government was designed by a group that is among the few truly great moments in human history. A rare coming together of great minds, of men loyal to ideas rather than themselves, most of whom lost their fortunes to create this Great Experiment.

Yet these buffoons who are amazed by things like garbage disposals (true) think they know better.

The hubris of the foolish knows no bounds, and it is undoing the master work of some of the greatest of human minds.

AOC thinks she knows more than Madison, Adams, Jefferson, much less men like Locke and Adam Smith. It would be funny if it wasn't so damned sad. I know I would have to study my whole life just to hope to stand in their shadow, she thinks they are to be dismissed and even scorned, and she's far from alone apparently.

The left wants it both ways. House of Rep seats and electoral collage votes are based on population per the census. Liberals want to include illegal aliens in the census to bolster their House of Representative representation, thus increase the power, yet do away with the electoral collage to lessen the influence, ie power of rural America.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Many Republican lawmakers have dismissed the movement. Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said earlier this year that the push was "driven by the idea [that] Democrats want rural America to go away politically
    ."

That sums it up pretty well.

The only real threat is this state compact deal, but I hope SCOTUS strikes it down if it goes into effect. it's an end run around the Constitution and the Federalist system. Ironically it's also a violation of the Voting Rights Act, b/c it basically says all their electoral votes go to whoever gets the most votes, not based on how their state's voters voted. It in theory disenfranchises their own voters.

But AOC once again is nuts. I love people who think they are so much smarter than this nations Founders. Who the hell do they think they are? Our system of government was designed by a group that is among the few truly great moments in human history. A rare coming together of great minds, of men loyal to ideas rather than themselves, most of whom lost their fortunes to create this Great Experiment.

Yet these buffoons who are amazed by things like garbage disposals (true) think they know better.

The hubris of the foolish knows no bounds, and it is undoing the master work of some of the greatest of human minds.

AOC thinks she knows more than Madison, Adams, Jefferson, much less men like Locke and Adam Smith. It would be funny if it wasn't so damned sad. I know I would have to study my whole life just to hope to stand in their shadow, she thinks they are to be dismissed and even scorned, and she's far from alone apparently.
    I am always amazed at how circumstances came to be that the framers of the constitution and bill of rights came together to forge documents that were so perfect, and how thru thentest of time they still seem to be the perfect documents

She has plenty of company at the top 10 of the Political Loon Chart

Trump is afraid of the Squad
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    She has plenty of company at the top 10 of the Political Loon Chart

Trump is afraid of the Squad
    Trump isn't afraid of the Squad, he loves them.

He's a lot of things I don't like, but Trump is a master at trolling, and he's constantly trolling the extreme of the DNC b/c he wants them to be the face of the their party for the election. he wants all the cameras on "The Squad" and to make a vote for GOP opponents a vote for them, b/c they're as popular in middle America as a bastard at a family reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Trump isn't afraid of the Squad, he loves them.

He's a lot of things I don't like, but Trump is a master at trolling, and he's constantly trolling the extreme of the DNC b/c he wants them to be the face of the their party for the election. he wants all the cameras on "The Squad" and to make a vote for GOP opponents a vote for them, b/c they're as popular in middle America as a bastard at a family reunion.
    Exactly...most democrats do not hold the same philosophies as those idiots but they will show solidarity. Trump will use that to paint all liberal with that brush. It is smart politically. He certainly does not fear them. In fact he loves them. They are a tool for him

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Exactly...most democrats do not hold the same philosophies as those idiots but they will show solidarity. Trump will use that to paint all liberal with that brush. It is smart politically. He certainly does not fear them. In fact he loves them. They are a tool for him
    It's a gift for him. Running against Pelosi and Schumer is fine but they're green peppers compared to the habaneros and ghost chilis that are the Squad.

That's why Pelosi et al in the leadership want them to shut up. It's partly their fault for putting them on key committees. Why would you put a person who is staunchly anti-israel and arguably anti-Semitic on the Foreign Affairs committee? Put them on something as mundane as possible, like Science and Industry.

I am not sure how we managed to survive the opening of the Egyptian tombs or the archeological work being done in the Mayan cities. It also seems to be a miracle that we haven't pumped hundreds of deadly pathogens to the surface from the Ogallala Aquifer. That water is thousands of years old you know.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    I am not sure how we managed to survive the opening of the Egyptian tombs or the archeological work being done in the Mayan cities. It also seems to be a miracle that we haven't pumped hundreds of deadly pathogens to the surface from the Ogallala Aquifer. That water is thousands of years old you know.
    What, didn't you watch "The Andromeda Strain"? Space travel nearly led to extinction of the earth, and would have had it not been for a crying baby and an old dude eating sterno

She really needs to get out more. Her concern about mosquitoes moving north is an idiots viewpoint. She said that we need to be concerned about them carrying diseases north throughout the USA. She should have taken a canoe trip in the boundary waters canoe wilderness with me 50 years ago. The dang brown and grizly bears slept under mosquito nets in the summer. Seems like she thinks mosquito are currently a southern problem. They probably can't live in all the New York smog.
    seeya
    dan

seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    So a straight pride parade is "white supremaist"? How exactly are those two intertwined? And why is it OK to have gay pride but not straight pride? And why must straight people be tolerant of gay people but not vice versa? I don't recall any violence at any gay pride parades. I think who is not tolerant is obvious
    Last edited by Doc; 09-05-2019 at 06:53 AM.

AOC fires back after Rep. Steve King posts video of himself drinking water from sink at detention center

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...anti-immigrant

So is she

1) clueless on how "pink eye" is transmitted? This is sort of like claiming you got crabs from a toilet seat.

2) suggesting that illegal immigrants are disease infested (how it would be painted if Trump uttered this idiocy)

3) so naive as to believe that somebody would "stretch the truth"? She saw nobody drinking from a toilet, only told they did, yet multiple people have refuted it.

I hear garbage disposals can give you pink eye.

This is sort of like claiming you got crabs from a toilet seat.
    This could happen if the toilet was at the beach.
    seeya
    dan