Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

So now it appears that Joy Behar wore blackface too

isnt that special......LINK

so the list continues to grow. We have the democratic VA governor, the Democratic VA AG Herring, liberal entertainers Jimmy Kimmell and Jimmy Fallon as well as Trump hating Joy Behar who repeatedly refer to Trump as a racist because he wants secure borders regardless of ethnicity.

Add the VA democrat Lt Gov Fairfax being accused of sexual assault which the left is now all about moving past (see Corey "I am Sparticus" Bookers comments) when 4 months ago it was all about #Ibelieve and #metoo.... and the hypocrisy is CRYSTAL CLEAR.

And for clarity, I don't think the VA gov or AG should step down, or that this "blackface" should be an issue. For me its not defacto proof of racism any more than dressing as an Indian for Halloween make me a Native American or if my wife dresses as a sexy policeman makes her a prostitute. Its a halloween costume. Sometime they are funny, sometimes offensive. In college, I once rented a wheelchair and wore a UK cheerleader outfit, going as the male cheerleader who fell off the top of the pyramid and broke his neck. Tasteless? Yes but that is what college kids do. Seen the same done with Superman in a wheelchair as Christopher Reeves. Jimmy Kimmel doing a white Karl Malone wouldn't be funny, would it? Fallon as White Oprah, would you get it? I wouldn't. Its called MAKE-UP. No, my comment is on the hypocrisy of it all.
    Last edited by Doc; 02-07-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: So now it appears that Joy Behar wore blackface too

I want to know where I was in the 80s when this Blackface craze apparently was going on. Because I missed it, but I'm beginning to think I'm in the minority (no pun intended).
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I have to say the hypocrisy is the most offensive part.

Look at the Va. LT. Governor. Now accused of sexual assault, all the MSNBC/CNN talking heads are saying they don't know. They sure were sure when it was a conservative justice being accused, but now it's someone on their political side and we have to wait for the facts to emerge. Uh huh.

I get costumes are costumes, and all the people who have probably dressed up for cowboys and indians, still popular when I was a kid, weren't trying to be racist, but I have to say c. 1970s and 80s like BEvans I don't recall the blackface thing being anything acceptable.

Not saying we should shoot people for it, but it sure would have seemed like a bad idea to me at that time I think.

But yes the hypocrisy of it all is interesting, and disturbing.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I don’t recall it ever being a thing in my life. I partied through the seventies and eighties and not once did anyone do that.
    Even if they had we wouldn’t have found it funny

Not because we were p.c. but because we were too cool to act a fool

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I can get it being done as a social comment, or to satirize someone, making a statement. That I get.

Like today if you hated Trump you might dress as Trump with the hair wig and maybe put on something that makes HIM look like a racist, as a point to be made. That I get.

And as I mentioned on the UNC thread, Monty Python was dressing up as Hitler and his cronies in the "North Minehead Bielection" sketch in the mid 60s, with every single person in their audience having been directly impacted deeply by WWII at that point, but clearly it was to make fun of them, not to endorse them.

And I could see dressing up as Michael Jackson with the glove and all, and then while I think the blackface is a really bad idea, and would have been even then, at least the context is understandable, the intention not to be racist but comedic.

But dressing as a KKK member with a rope around a guy in blackface? Going to have a hard time finding that funny even for a frat prank, and even in the "old days".

I do agree with Doc that high school and college kids do stuff not to endorse something like racism but to be controversial and edgy and such, so it doesn't keep me up at night. Real actions speak louder.

But I don't recall anyone ever dressing in such a way around me either.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Agree. Treat Fairfax and Kavanbro the same.

I like the governor. I voted for the governor. Think blackface is really stupid and bad. Would want to look at governor's actions, behaviors, and policies in this century.

I have photographs in a confederate uniform in the 1980s my political career is over before it begins.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I have to say the hypocrisy is the most offensive part.

Look at the Va. LT. Governor. Now accused of sexual assault, all the MSNBC/CNN talking heads are saying they don't know. They sure were sure when it was a conservative justice being accused, but now it's someone on their political side and we have to wait for the facts to emerge. Uh huh.

I get costumes are costumes, and all the people who have probably dressed up for cowboys and indians, still popular when I was a kid, weren't trying to be racist, but I have to say c. 1970s and 80s like BEvans I don't recall the blackface thing being anything acceptable.

Not saying we should shoot people for it, but it sure would have seemed like a bad idea to me at that time I think.

But yes the hypocrisy of it all is interesting, and disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post

I have photographs in a confederate uniform in the 1980s my political career is over before it begins.
    You want the firing squad or boiling oil?

I have a "Stars and Bars" thong
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.