Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Computer Docking Station question

Can you plug a DP to DVI and VGA (or any splitter for that matter) splitter into a Universal docking station? The issue is that I have monitors that only accept VGA and DVI, but the docking station is HDMI and DP only. I was thinking my display drivers might crash....any thoughts or experience on that with folks here?

Thanks!

Rupp's Runt

Re: Computer Docking Station question

You can. They have adapters. Do the display or hdmi to DVI as both signals are digital. Digital to analog can make your video look like Super Mario on Nintendo.

I buy a lot of these for 2nd monitors.
    https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...03385104&psc=1

Thanks, that's cheap enough that'll I'll try it out.

Rupp's Runt

Computer Docking Station question

There are probably cheaper ones as well. That was just in my order history.

Rarely does a graphics driver care what the input device is. Occasionally you might lose a few resolution options but I've not seen that on anything new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Bombino

DVI is the preferred interface for your monitors; it offers a better quality picture irrespective of noise, environment, cable quality, etc.

On that note, HDMI to DVI is the most foolproof option. HDMI carries DVI signals, so the adapters are very basic (essentially changing the plugs). DisplayPort on the other hand is not directly compatible with DVI, so a converter is necessary (which can increase cost, latency, image quality, etc.).

Rupp's Runt

You don't have to convert display port to DVI, a passive adapter works fine. Either hdmi or display port will work fine as long as you are not using audio. Just don't go to VGA from either.