Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: So Cal pulled an illegal switcharoo yesterday at the free throw line

So Cal pulled an illegal switcharoo yesterday at the free throw line

When referees whistled Louisville's Russ Smith for a foul with 1:05 to go before halftime for hooking the arm of Nerlens Noel on an attempted steal, the Kentucky center initially goes to the foul line as expected. Noel then wanders off the line to get instruction from the Kentucky bench, allowing wing Alex Poythress to slip in unnoticed and replace him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...28--ncaab.html

Not my video...dont blame me for the title

Re: So Cal pulled an illegal switcharoo yesterday at the free throw line

Can i blame you for the title of your post that implies it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Can i blame you for the title of your post that implies it's true?
    Did you watch the video...what about it is not true? Noel walks off...AP stands at the line and makes the FTs...sorry but someone could suspended for that if it got pushed hard enough...at least I didnt call Cal a full fledged cheater like whoever made the video...it was just being slick...it worked...nothing malicious about it intended

Looks like a situation where it was called on someone (other then what you and other thought) and the people involved did not see it as a "switcharoo"; looks like one of the officials directing Poythress to the line.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    Looks like a situation where it was called on someone (other then what you and other thought) and the people involved did not see it as a "switcharoo"; looks like one of the officials directing Poythress to the line.
    So youre saying the refs got it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    Did you watch the video...what about it is not true? Noel walks off...AP stands at the line and makes the FTs...sorry but someone could suspended for that if it got pushed hard enough...at least I didnt call Cal a full fledged cheater like whoever made the video...it was just being slick...it worked...nothing malicious about it intended
    Wow, a video showing a player there and walking off and another player coming over? How much more conclusive can you get????!!!!!!

I've seen that happen I don't know how many times over the years. If the official signaled Poythress to take the shots then it's not anything other than doing what they were told. Since the video doesn't show the officials or anything else of use it doesn't really show anything.

For a guy who believes in the vast conspiracy you sure are quick to swallow a short piece of video with no context or other research.

The official and/or the scorer's sheet can confirm or disprove what happened. It's not like the first time I've seen the wrong player awarded a foul or the wrong player told to go to the line. I've seen officials have to go to the tape MANY times to verify they sent the right guy when a team disputes it. They make mistakes too.

It's pitiful anyone accepts that as conclusive evidence of anything at all. There are ways to verify what happened, and that video isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    So youre saying the refs got it wrong?
    Happens all the time. One very likely scenario is they put the foul on the wrong player, making people think it was some other foul than the one they called.

Mistakes assigning the shooter by officials or the foul being recorded on the wrong player are far more common than a team substituting shooters. Until those are ruled out it's silly to assume one of the least likely scenarios is most likely what happened.

I'll go back on the tape and see if there's any showing of the official at the time of the call. He's supposed to call the foul then he signals who the foul is on and the type of foul to the scorer's table and points to the shooter. There's often confusion on such things when a lot of players are involved and the officials have to put the right person on the line. When you can call any of 5 things as a foul around the basket even the players aren't sure what was called on who.

I've even seen an official pull a player off the line thinking it was the wrong guy when the other official put him there and the officials have to confer on who should be shooting.

Anyone else wish ColonelJackwagon hadn't found this site when we made the switch?

Some types of amusement come with a price Hunter.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by thedeerehunter View Post
    Anyone else wish ColonelJackwagon hadn't found this site when we made the switch?
    I blame the Illuminati.

Alright Im wrong Im sorry...damn

I just found this site today. I was on the old site a few years. I didn't post much but the reading was interesting. I can see very little has changed.

FWIW, the official told #22 to shoot the FTs.

UK media even released a comment about it. Idiot UL fans starting something.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac51 View Post
    I just found this site today. I was on the old site a few years. I didn't post much but the reading was interesting. I can see very little has changed.
    Welcome "back." Happy to have you reading, but jump on in, the water is fine for posting as well. Right now we're running gangbusters on the premium board, but want to be sure and get active free boards, too. Have some very good members posting here, but the more, the merrier.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.