Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Summer Vacation

Summer Vacation

Trying to decide on a summer vacation of either Italy or Greece.
    Any and all thoughts would be appreciated.
    I was thinking Italy myself but the woman has Greece on her mind now.
    Will just be the two of us and will be there 8-10 days.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Rupp's Runt

Re: Summer Vacation

Sounds like you are going to Greece

I've always wanted to do something like this, but I doubt I will get the wife on board.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans....html?olb=true

This will be part of our honeymoon, possibly marry there and enjoy our time.

What a choice! Rome is kind of romantic I hear and the sights are plentiful. Then again, Greece is the one European country on my bucket list

Crete..
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-18-2019 at 04:52 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

I've got about a million pics from my daughter, who is "studying" in Greece right now with her school. Not knowing anything other than those pics, that's where I'd go.

(I would've said Italy otherwise).

Rupp's Runt

I work with a guy that has literally traveled the world. I'll try to get his opinion next week if that is not too late.

Thanks and really appreciate the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I work with a guy that has literally traveled the world. I'll try to get his opinion next week if that is not too late.

Italy was my choice also just the thought of the Italian cities but I am getting the vibe Greece might be the choice.
    Would enjoy seeing the photos if you ever get to share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I've got about a million pics from my daughter, who is "studying" in Greece right now with her school. Not knowing anything other than those pics, that's where I'd go.

(I would've said Italy otherwise).

I was not impressed with Rome. Too much crime and beggars. Not been to Greece. Had plans a fews years back but political issues put the nix on it. Am considering it again though as it appears safe

We are planning now our summer. Son and his GF want us to take them to central Costa Rica. Other option is Iceland, or poss Spain/Portugal.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Summer Vacation

Going to visit with my daughter tomorrow who just returned from Greece. I'll try to remember to post pics. I can post a bunch that she and her friends posted on Facebook easy enough, but I won't necessarily have the back stories for all.

Rupp's Runt

My coworker said Italy. But said both are great choices. Note that he tends to see the positives in all places. He actually suggested a cruise as I did. Surprises me as he is not a big cruise guy. He said there is a 7 day cruise in that area that he has done and would do again.

Mrs. BEvans and I were strongly considering a Rick Steves 9 day tour of Rome, Tuscany, the Cinque Terre and Florence:

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/italy/heart-italy

Ultimately we decided I'm probably not quite physically ready to take on a tour of that type yet, but I think we'll do it in the future.

We have friends who went to Athens and Santorini last September and they thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Mrs. BEvans and I were strongly considering a Rick Steves 9 day tour of Rome, Tuscany, the Cinque Terre and Florence:

https://www.ricksteves.com/tours/italy/heart-italy

Ultimately we decided I'm probably not quite physically ready to take on a tour of that type yet, but I think we'll do it in the future.

We have friends who went to Athens and Santorini last September and they thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19