Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Some backyard pics....

Got a cheap game camera a few months ago to try to find out where raccoons were entering the attic. Got rid of them (FINALLY), so I didn't know what to do with the game camera (I don't hunt), and decided it might be fun to put it in my backyard to see what happens when we are sleeping.

These are some of the photos since Christmas. I put it on an orange pylon cone maybe 40 feet from my deck, before the woods start.

WGI_0044.jpg

WGI_0043.jpg

WGI_0040.jpg

WGI_0026.jpg

WGI_0016.jpg

Re: Some backyard pics....

WGI_0036.jpg

WGI_0024.jpg

There are a bunch more; just picked out a few of the most clear pics. I'm waiting on pics of a fox, or coyote, or bobcat or something cool.

Great pics but if you had a coyote or a bobcat you probably wouldn’t be looking at deer :/
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    Great pics but if you had a coyote or a bobcat you probably wouldn’t be looking at deer :/
    It's an interesting phenomenon.

We have a lot of coyotes, and a lot of deer. Supposedly, the deer population is supposed to dwindle. It's not; it's increasing. Don't know why those two things are in tandem.

Foxes and bobcats are less common, but they're around, too.

A few pics from my neighbors on coyotes....

At night.

Here's one on the street next to mine. Broad daylight.

Street behind me (I run on this street often).

Still shot from a lady's front door video camera. Yes, dang thing went right up to her front door.

I'm going to put another camera I picked up very cheaply in another corner of the yard, and/or in the front and see if there are any critters going in different directions.

Hrmph! In January the only time we take a picture of the back yard is to prove snow depth. Have not needed to do that yet this winter. Somewhere I have a nice pic of a 16 inch snow from just a few years back.

Coyotes get really brave in a hurry in urban surroundings if humans do not keep them on edge
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Are they vermin status in Bama? They are in kentucky, you can shoot them any time, no questions asked. I know you're in an urban area, but still those things need to be gone.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Coyotes don't really prey like most think they do. They tend to go for the easy food first. With that said, with calves around, I shoot everyone I can. As Dan mentioned urban areas, there tends to be less food. So maybe you should start feeding them from your back porch?

Edit to add disclaimer for anyone who accidentally finds this thread. Don't feed coyotes, that was a joke. Lol
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 01-09-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Some backyard pics....

Coyotes do a lot of their damage in the spring, raiding rabbit, quail, nests and eating the young.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

They're vermin, and they and feral pigs are outpacing roaches to take over this country. Shoot them all on sight IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    the only thing gone from my yard are turkeys. Foxes, Coyotes, and deer are in plentiful supply. Oh yes! None of them seem to be natural enemies of the armadillos which are also in abundant supply.
    Real Fan since 1958

Is that a Samsquanch in the background?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Some backyard pics....

Interesting post this morning. This is the adjacent neighborhood (really more like down the road a couple of miles, even farther away from the state Park that is across the street from my neighborhood), and from a hunter who says he knows what a fox looks like, and this was a pack of coyotes.

Screenshot_20190110-131403__01.jpg
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 01-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Some backyard pics....

Here’s what you need...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Interesting post this morning. This is the adjacent neighborhood (really more like down the road a couple of miles, even farther away from the state Park that is across the street from my neighborhood), and from a hunter who says he knows what a fox looks like, and this was a pack of coyotes.

Screenshot_20190110-131403__01.jpg
    That sounds bad. They usually hunt alone unless there’s an alpha male and female leading the pack.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    the only thing gone from my yard are turkeys. Foxes, Coyotes, and deer are in plentiful supply. Oh yes! None of them seem to be natural enemies of the armadillos which are also in abundant supply.
    Bobcats are really tough on turkey populations. I watched a bobcat, on the ground, trail a flock of turkeys, on the ground, to their roosting area. When they find the roost they will wait until the flock leaves the next day they they climb a tree and wait for them to return. They will kill as ,many as possible all at once, then eat them at their leisure.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

The do hunt in packs in the dark at times. They are loners in the daylight,
    Ive dealt with them in the woods often as an old coon hunter. They'll move from the pack and circle anything they find interesting. If there is prey they will send a scout who will entice the prey to follow them or chase.

Outside my home near the Fort Knox reservation Ive watched a scout back off from my pet dog several steps (with me there too) and stop. When the dog did the same it approaches cautiously until the dog (and human in this instance) move toward the animal again.
    It will continue the cat and mouse for long periods of time bringing you closer to the pack.

After several minutes of baiting the pack begins calling the scout back, about a hundred yards from us, and the animal immediately retreats in their direction.
    Obviously because I was there. And I am pretty sure the animal wasnt an alpha by the way it responded to the pack.
    Since that time I have been very leery of the creatures in this area.

The county issued a warning for small pets last week I was told'
    Do not underestimate them around yours.
    Last edited by kingcat; 01-10-2019 at 07:03 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain