Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Arrested in Alabama!

Arrested in Alabama!

My office chair has begun sinking on occasion (no fat jokes, please) without me lowering the lever for it to do so. It's not an old chair, but it's out of warranty and to fix it would apparently require a new piston. Apparently, the cost of a new piston is about the cost of a new chair, so that option went out the window.

Google to my rescue.

This is not an uncommon problem in Alabama, where we eat well and exercise not as well. In googling around, it looks like more Alabamians have experienced this same phenomenon, and have devised clever ways to correct the malady.

They do not involve diet or exercise. So I'm in.

What they do involve is duct tape (of course, it's Alabama), PVC pipe (maybe, but not necessarily) and hose clamp(s) (two if PVC pipe is used, one if not).

So I head to Walmart.

"Excuse me," I ask the sales clerk I locate who is leaning against a counter, asleep. "Can you tell me where I can find hose clamps and duct tape?"

I was wrong. He wasn't asleep, because his expression never changed, his eyes never opened, and his mouth barely moved in explaining, "Oh, you want the 'Criminal Minds' package," he said. "We used to keep them in two different areas, household and automotive, but we learned that there are other good reasons to package them together for convenience."

I knew what was coming next.

"You know, like when we packaged the shotgun shells and beer together," he finished his thought.

Oh, geez.

"I just want to fix a chair," I explained.

"Sir, you don't need to give me your alibi," he said. "You know that in this part of the country, some people need killin'. We at Walmart support our citizens who are cleaning up the streets, and I can tell you're a solid citizen because you don't have any holes in your shirt."

I glanced down to see what I wore this morning. He was right, I picked a shirt without any holes. It may have saved me.

Now, it is important to know that we have a Krispy Kreme restaurant right next door to Walmart on Highway 280 where I shopped. I mean, right. next. door.

No judgment here, but at that point I glance over and see one of Hoover's finest walking in. It appears that there is some glaze not quite wiped off his mouth, but I digress.

"Sir, did I hear you ask for the Criminal Minds special?" he said in a commanding voice.

I protested, "I just want to fix my chair. I'm happy to go to the household section and the automotive section."

"You'll have to come with me," he said. "You may have a defense of 'needin' killin', but we won't know til we question you." He grabbed my arms, swung them around my back and slapped cuffs on me as I was ushered away, screaming at the injustice of it all.

At that moment, my wife shoved me. She says nudged, I say shoved. "Wake up," she said. "You're having a nightmare."

I ordered a new chair this morning.

Re: Arrested in Alabama!

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

BTW, I just finished the new Grisham book, "The Reckoning." (I usually don't read legal thrillers, but Grisham's a guilty pleasure of mine.)

Without spoiling it, one plot point is the main character probably could've used the "needin' killin'" defense but refuses to use it, for reasons that are explained at the end.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

BTW, I just finished the new Grisham book, "The Reckoning." (I usually don't read legal thrillers, but Grisham's a guilty pleasure of mine.)

Without spoiling it, one plot point is the main character probably could've used the "needin' killin'" defense but refuses to use it, for reasons that are explained at the end.

Speaking of Alabama, this reminds me of the big-game poacher who killed an elephant. He could not remove the ivory pieces, so he moved to Alabama because the Tuscaloosa there.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Speaking of Alabama, this reminds me of the big-game poacher who killed an elephant. He could not remove the ivory pieces, so he moved to Alabama because the Tuscaloosa there.
    One morning I woke up and shot an elephant in my pajamas. .... How he got in my pajamas I'll never know.

f38d26eb37338639442a9e92c73e48d3.jpg
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I know the beer and shotgun shells thing wasn't a dream, you posted pictures.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Arrested in Alabama!

Absolutely true. The conversation with the clerk explaining it may have had a tinge of loose interpretation, but the photos alone really needed no explanation anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I know the beer and shotgun shells thing wasn't a dream, you posted pictures.