Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Any advice for daughter traveling to Greece in January?

A long trip for me is New Orleans, so I have no words of wisdom for her. It's a school trip, so I'm sure 99% of what is needed is covered by what the school is telling them, etc., but just wondered if any of you who have traveled there have any "gee, you need to make sure you do this that nobody else told me" kind of things.

Doesn't necessarily even have to be Greece. Comments welcome and suggestions will be passed on. Just a 12-day trip.

Re: Any advice for daughter traveling to Greece in January?

Avoid the Panathinaikos BC club basketball team....

4 things. NEVER go anywhere outside the hotel alone, and groups of 4 or more are preferred. When asked by a local, tell them you are Canadian. Always be observant of your surroundings at all times and trust only the people you know. Human slavery is a much larger problem today than at any time in history and young females are the prime targets of the slave runners in the middle east. Avoid using a local taxi to go anywhere. Either walk or take a bus if it is too far to walk to your destination. Greek cabbies are insane and will rip off an unsuspecting tourist in a heartbeat.

All of the above applies to the more metropolitan areas such as Athens, Thessolonia, and Kalamanta. I found the people in the rural areas to be friendly, honest and helpful. Last comment is unless one is going to major in world history, or ancient architecture, or Greek history, I would skip the tours of the ruins of the ancient buildings.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 12-31-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Any advice for daughter traveling to Greece in January?

Thanks, Dan, great advice.

If you are at a restaurant, and its nearing closing time, and Rick Pitino is there......LEAVE asap!!!!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.