Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Animal Kingdom

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

We are a month away from needing to book our fast passes at Animal Kingdom. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so obviously, we won't do everything. Both girls. But what are the few things we must do?

Was not planing on doing a dining experience, but if you convince me of one, I may see if something is still available. We are doing the Princess meal at Epcot, and don't really want to pay for two of those unless it is really worth it.

Also, I have the park hopper pass. We have never been to AK or HS. Is worth jumping over to HS for anything? Or just do HS next time?

Day 1 is Epcot Breakfast then to MK
    Day 2 is AK

Animal Kingdom

I'm not the expert, but how long are you going to be there? That would have a great impact on what I would do, and I suspect, what others might recommend.

Also, you said "next time." Is that going to be relatively soon, next year, or 5 years? That might impact some recommendations as well.

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Staying north of Daytona. Will arrive on a Thursday.

Friday - Epcot and MK

Saturday - beach

Sunday and Monday - Beach and AK. Have not decided which day yet. Two days rest between or one day of rest before we go home?

Tuesday - head home

How soon to return? Earliest Fall. Latest probably February of next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Could be a year and half if the families decide to do a group trip. But I'm thinking that will be a few years from now. And we will do one by ourselves before then.

Also I'm making the 4 year old pay for this trip. So far we can make it to Nashville and share lunch at Chick Fil A.

Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 12-26-2018 at 02:08 PM.

Re: Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    We are a month away from needing to book our fast passes at Animal Kingdom. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old, so obviously, we won't do everything. Both girls. But what are the few things we must do?

Was not planing on doing a dining experience, but if you convince me of one, I may see if something is still available. We are doing the Princess meal at Epcot, and don't really want to pay for two of those unless it is really worth it.

Also, I have the park hopper pass. We have never been to AK or HS. Is worth jumping over to HS for anything? Or just do HS next time?

Day 1 is Epcot Breakfast then to MK
    Day 2 is AK
    Animal Kingdom is ONE DAY. Hollywood Studio's is nothing like it used to be. Is being redone to some degree although nearly complete. Toy Story is now open but prior to that it was a waste of time. Its mostly just Star Wars stuff. One day max. But to be honest, skip Epcot and Studio. Do the Kingdoms. Get your fast passes asap. Can do 30 days ahead of time. If staying on property, take advantage of the early access to the park. Get in an HOUR early. It makes a big difference. Dining experiences....we typically go off property because we have annual passes so its not a big deal for us but it is part of the experience if you are short of time.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Animal Kingdom is ONE DAY. Hollywood Studio's is nothing like it used to be. Is being redone to some degree although nearly complete. Toy Story is now open but prior to that it was a waste of time. Its mostly just Star Wars stuff. One day max. But to be honest, skip Epcot and Studio. Do the Kingdoms. Get your fast passes asap. Can do 30 days ahead of time. If staying on property, take advantage of the early access to the park. Get in an HOUR early. It makes a big difference. Dining experiences....we typically go off property because we have annual passes so its not a big deal for us but it is part of the experience if you are short of time.
    We did Epcot and MK last February. Only going to Epcot for the Princess breakfast then off to MK. Might do the Frozen ride depending on the line.

I'll skip HS this time. Sounds like we could eventually split Epcot and HS. At some point we will put grow these character experiences and can do stuff I'll find to be more fun lol

We are not staying on property yet. Won't do that until both are old enough to go all day every day.

What are the must do things at Animal Kingdom?

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Remember we are height limit restricted. Even the 4 year old. 5th % in height. Lol

They recently reopened the Hall of Presidents after the redo. I was a bit concerned on how it would be done but will say it was one of the better upgrades. Is well done. Is very respectful from both an audience and "performers" standpoint. Removed all the Civil War stuff because apparently our history is offensive but it is still a very well done show. Highly recommend it!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Removed all the Civil War stuff because apparently our history is offensive
    So there are empty spots where the 16th thru 18th presidents would have been?
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

I had forgotten about the Presidents. That seems like more of an Epcot thing. Will certainly do that if the girls give out on us.

Rupp's Runt

Booked the fast passes. We chose Nemo, The Lion King, and the Safari at Animal Kingdom. Mickey mouse, Enchanted Tales, and It's a Small World at Magic Kingdom. We have done those 3 at Magic Kingdom, but we are limited with the height limits. And they will enjoy them all again. Will do Nemo at Epcot as well one morning before the Princess Breakfast and head over to Magic Kingdom. Mainly want to do the parade and castle that night at Magic Kingdom.
    Last edited by KentuckyWildcat; 01-25-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Animal Kingdom

What a great time you're going to have.
    Booked the fast passes. We chose Nemo, The Lion King, and the Safari at Animal Kingdom. Mickey mouse, Enchanted Tales, and It's a Small World at Magic Kingdom. We have done those 3 at Magic Kingdom, but we are limited with the height limits. And they will enjoy them all again. Will do Nemo at Epcot as well one morning before the Princess Breakfast and head over to Magic Kingdom. Mainly want to do the parade and castle that night at Magic Kingdom.

Won't need fast pass at Nemo in Epcot. Line moves fast and ususally isn't long.

The new show at Magic Kingdom is really nice. The basically use the castle as a movie screen. Well worth staying late for....then the fireworks.

Rupp's Runt

Won't need fast pass at Nemo in Epcot. Line moves fast and ususally isn't long.

The new show at Magic Kingdom is really nice. The basically use the castle as a movie screen. Well worth staying late for....then the fireworks.
    Learned that with Nemo last year. Go there first and you get right on the ride. So we will do that then eat. Hopefully do the Frozen ride, just need to get over to MK before the parade.

Loved the show at MK last year. Maybe the best part of it. Also learned we can go straight to some princesses if you leave as soon as the show is over.

Is the Tree of Life worth staying for? They will be good and grumpy by then.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    What a great time you're going to have.
    The girls will have a blast. I'm actually more interested in seeing Daytona Beach. Haven't been there in 20 years. Used to be our family go to destination. Will certainly bring back a lot of memories. I've heard it has ran down and built back up? So I guess I'll see for myself. We are staying at a very nice looking place, so worst case, we just don't leave the hotel on those days. I hope the area is at least decent since it is only an hour away from Orlando.

Learned that with Nemo last year. Go there first and you get right on the ride. So we will do that then eat. Hopefully do the Frozen ride, just need to get over to MK before the parade.

Loved the show at MK last year. Maybe the best part of it. Also learned we can go straight to some princesses if you leave as soon as the show is over.

Is the Tree of Life worth staying for? They will be good and grumpy by then.
    Yes on the tree of life. is very similar to the Magic Kingdom show where they use the tree for the screen. Dont have the fireworks as a courtesy to the animals though

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Thank you

Rupp's Runt

Just got back, well earlier today. Had a blast. But Daytona Beach is not very nice. Basically the same as it was 20 years ago, but 20 years older looking and looks abandoned in many areas. Just north of there in Ormond is nice, and just south of the Daytona city limits is nice.

Disney was fun. Frozen ride broke down as we were about 5 minutes from getting on the ride. We got to ride it later but we missed the castle closing on MK due to this but this girls didn't know the difference. AK was fun.

Rupp's Runt

The light show at AK is worth watching.

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Rupp's Runt

Yes on the tree of life. is very similar to the Magic Kingdom show where they use the tree for the screen. Dont have the fireworks as a courtesy to the animals though
    Doc, Does Hollywood Studios have a closing that is worth seeing? We might go back in November. Trying to decide what we want to do and which parks.

Fantasmic is our favorite. Is more pyrotechnics, show, characters, etc.... Of course MK is the one that is can't miss but Fantasmic

Rupp's Runt

Animal Kingdom

Just realized we can do the Mickey Christmas thing at MK. Might have to do that as well.