Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Ever been to a concert that was cancelled 20 min after it was suppose to start?

Happened tonight. Took my wife to Orlando for 3 days and to the Elton John concert here at Amway Center. Showtime was 8:00. At 8:20 they announced it was cancelled. Now I have a sulking wife on her birthday.

Is the third time Ive had a concert cancellation. Back in the late 70's had Billy Joel cancel due to weather....tornadoes around Lexington. Also Springsteen in 80 or 81 due to laryngitis. Rescheduled and kicked ass. This is will be rescheduled. Im betting the week after the sSEC as he is in Jacksonville and Miami on the 15/16. If that is the case and he does the 17 or 14, my wife will be more pissed as we are already booked for Nashville
    Last edited by Doc; 11-27-2018 at 09:16 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Rver been to a concert that was cancelled 20 min after it was suppose to stsry?

Just check Orlando Magic schedule....they are home on the 13th and 17th so it wont be then!
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rver been to a concert that was cancelled 20 min after it was suppose to stsry?

Ugh. What was the reason for the cancellation?

Re: Ever been to a concert that was cancelled 20 min after it was suppose to start?

Ear infection

Re: Ever been to a concert that was cancelled 20 min after it was suppose to start?

That story is a cover. He was kidnapped by Poppy Adams.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Sly and The Family Stone 75’... I think.

I was at a Zeppelin show at Freedom Hall in 76’ or 77’ and Jimmy Page took a frisbee in the frets, he grabbed his bottle of Jack and walked off. We thought that was it, but he did come back out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Sly was 45 minutes late when I saw him, 1971.

I went to an "Air Supply" concert in college that should've been cancelled 20 minutes after it started...

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I went to an "Air Supply" concert in college that should've been cancelled 20 minutes after it started...
    Couldn’t you get tickets to Abba? 😂

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Hey, I was broke, and it was free on campus.

I overpaid.

Hey, I was broke, and it was free on campus.

I overpaid.
    Are you still getting residuals?

Seems they would've known about the ear infection earlier in the day. Sorry about that, Doc/Mrs. Doc.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Fab Five

The worst was Steppenwolf at Memorial Coliseum 1971. Started 2 hours and 20 minutes late.
    Real Fan since 1958

We also had tix for a June 4th concert by him in Jacksonville...it too got shelved due to COVID. He has now been rescheduled for April 23rd. Not sure anybody can beat 2 cancelled concerts by the same artist!

First concert I ever went to? Wayne Newton. He blew the doors off with Danke Schoen

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    First concert I ever went to? Wayne Newton. He blew the doors off with Danke Schoen

Best concert I ever attended that I thought was going to suck and I had to have friends drag me to was Crystal Gayle ("Don't it make my brown eyes blue?"). I hated country music (I don't hate it anymore, but did as a college kid). Another free concert at my school, and being as close as we were, she a) was a knockout in person, b) flirted with "over-hormoned" young men, and c) showed me that a "live" concert could really be enjoyable even if it wasn't my genre of music. Beat the hell out of Air Supply.

Best concert I ever attended that I thought was going to suck and I had to have friends drag me to was Crystal Gayle ("Don't it make my brown eyes blue?"). I hated country music (I don't hate it anymore, but did as a college kid). Another free concert at my school, and being as close as we were, she a) was a knockout in person, b) flirted with "over-hormoned" young men, and c) showed me that a "live" concert could really be enjoyable even if it wasn't my genre of music. Beat the hell out of Air Supply.
    Best college concert I saw was Stanley Jordan. Had to miss a UK vs IU basketball game but was glad I did. Was in one of those small halls at UK, tiny crowd and right up front. He gave "lessons" on his technique before the show.

his rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" is fantastic as well.

Best college concert I saw was Stanley Jordan. Had to miss a UK vs IU basketball game but was glad I did. Was in one of those small halls at UK, tiny crowd and right up front. He gave "lessons" on his technique before the show.

his rendition of "Stairway to Heaven" is fantastic as well.
    No wonder you became a bass player Doc. He is the greatest Jordan to ever play!
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Had a similar situation, when as a surprise for my birthday my Dad took me to see Tommy Emanuel who I had never heard of at the time. It was at a small theater in E-Town...

https://youtu.be/mucZneRUfu8

Fab Five

The most surprising concert I ever attended was Harry Belafonte. I always wanted to attend a concert at Chastain Park in the ATL, but tickets are generally tied to ASO season ticket holders. I told a friend that if she ever found herself not using the tickets to give me a shout. Two days before the concert she calls and says the tix were available. Not wanting to cut off a source of tix, I bought the tix with great reluctance. I went to the concert. We took our meal and beverages and proceeded to have one fantastic evening. Harry was engaged with the audience the entire night. And the only Belafonte song I knew was Day-O.
    Real Fan since 1958

Jamaica Farewell

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    The most surprising concert I ever attended was Harry Belafonte. I always wanted to attend a concert at Chastain Park in the ATL, but tickets are generally tied to ASO season ticket holders. I told a friend that if she ever found herself not using the tickets to give me a shout. Two days before the concert she calls and says the tix were available. Not wanting to cut off a source of tix, I bought the tix with great reluctance. I went to the concert. We took our meal and beverages and proceeded to have one fantastic evening. Harry was engaged with the audience the entire night. And the only Belafonte song I knew was Day-O.
    I'm not a "fan" of his, but I'm betting he did a great show, and I do respect him tremendously.

he's in that category where I don't have him on my playlist, but if I had a chance to catch the show I probably would just b/c he's such a strong artist you'd figure it would be a good show.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

There was a woman musician that use to come to my cousins house back in the day. She loved to bring her accordion and play/sing in the living room. She had a decent little voice, and weighed quite a bit. Probably three hundred I'd guess.
    We were big rockers back then and the family was big on nicknames. I was "Bird"
    They started calling her "Elafonte" and she ate it up, never grasping the cruel hint she was receiving. She came a handful of times when we were there to watch games and such.

She figuratively and literally did have a huge ego as she would dance around singing old time rock-n-roll accompanied by her new accordion. Lord forgive me, I still laugh. I just can't help it.

P.S. I thought for a long time the nickname Bird was related to me favoring Larry Bird. Come to find out it was about the Bird is the Word song. Which they probably sang as i approached to visit knowing them.
    Eventually I became "Word' as they said i would always come with some basketball scoop or the like that they didnt believe a word of. The last such scoop before they told me this, was the addition of a computer generated first down line on MNF. They argued almost the whole game it was a real line and I had made that **it up. And then the announcers pointed it out.

They still call me "Word"
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-23-2020 at 08:36 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

Fab Five

We also had tix for a June 4th concert by him in Jacksonville...it too got shelved due to COVID. He has now been rescheduled for April 23rd. Not sure anybody can beat 2 cancelled concerts by the same artist!
    You do know that is 2022, right? I have tix for Rupp from this past spring and that show is 2022 as well.

I went to an Aerosmith concert in Freedom hall back in the day. A half dozen times throughout the night they performed the guitar kick off to "Dream On" (My favorite song at the time) Each time at they went into a different song leaving the crowd more anxious every time they done so.
    Finally at the end of the night, they left the stage with the fans yelling "Dream On, Dream On.." After several minutes they took the stage for their encore and proceeded to intro "Dream On" to the crowds delight. At the end of the intro they again went into a different song. At that songs end they left the stage to the same chant..

They never returned and never played their biggest hit, at that point in their career anyway. A very disappointing night, although their sound otherwise was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    You do know that is 2022, right? I have tix for Rupp from this past spring and that show is 2022 as well.
    Actually I did not.

Fab Five

Actually I did not.
    Yeah, it's crazy they rescheduled that far in the future.