Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

2nd try at live streaming events.....

Reminder of my scenario: want to live stream events, mainly soccer. I know you can do a phone video to Facebook or stuff like that, but it's tiny, and I'll need an ability to zoom somewhat. I usually like to get about 35 yards at a time of a soccer match, sometimes up to 50, but no more than that.

Option # 1

I'm still working on my # 1 option -- my Canon camcorder with a CamLink device and my Surface Pro 3. Haven't worked with it yet, hope to do so over a weekend sometime. I have the CamLink device, just haven't really tried it yet. I should be able to live stream to a YouTube channel (my preference) if it all works according to plan.

Option # 2

I picked up a Yi 4K action camera this weekend--or ordered it, actually. Got 20% off, plus a free waterproof case, and decided to pull the trigger, mainly because one of the big features it touts is live streaming built-in, and you can operate it for hours at a time on a battery pack.

Of course, the problem is, it will get about 120 yards at a time from where I'll be, and not really do what I want. I think it's like a 160 degree wide angle lens, which is great for some stuff, but not for this.

But I thought as a backup plan I may try to strap it to a fence or something close to the action, or even behind on a 10-foot light pole.

HOWEVER, iideally, I'd love to have it be a 90 degree lens or maybe even a little less and use it to actually do the recording. Here's a guy that actually replaced the lens with a 72 degree lens.

I'm so bad at this kind of stuff it worries me a bit. And I know it voids the warranty, but this would be fantastic if I could do it. Also loved the 3D printed focus ring he did, although that would be a luxury.

Here's a link to some lenses that may fit. Any idea which one I should get? (Answer--probably none). Are any of these lenses like a 90 degree or less lens? Something that if I'm 30 yards away from soccer action, I could video and still capture like 35-50 yards at a time (but only that much?)

https://www.peauproductions.com/coll...-camera-lenses

Option # 3

Purchase some soft of magnifying glass lens thing for my cell phone camera, and use it to live stream to Facebook or something.

That's almost a "no" out of the box, but I thought I'd mention it.

Still think the 1st option is the best one, if I can make it work. I am a little worried about hauling my computer, cell phone, and camcorder and tripod just to live stream a game, though. I'd rather use the Yi 4k action camera to do it (and frankly, my "best" plan may be to video with my Canon camcorder, but not live stream it, and live stream using the Yi 4k action camera, and just live with the fact that it gives an incredibly small screen because of its wide lens.

Re: 2nd try at live streaming events.....

This is actually something I think I'd prefer, at least initially.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/52mm2-2x-Tel...IzA:rk:28:pf:0

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    This is actually something I think I'd prefer, at least initially.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/52mm2-2x-Tel...IzA:rk:28:pf:0
    I got this one. It probably won't be great, but for the limited purpose, it might work. Probably take a month before it comes in from China.