Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shots fired Riverchase Galleria tonight

Shots fired Riverchase Galleria tonight

@RobinsonCarol: Police on scene of shots fired at Riverchase Galleria. Unknown how many injured https://twitter.com/RobinsonCarol/st...360256/photo/1

My daughter is locked in Victoria's Secret with a friend. The two girls are a little shook up, but I think they are safe. She's texting mom.

Appears to be in Belk.

Unconfirmed that the shooter is dead. 1542946754.jpg1542946742.jpg

@RobinsonCarol: It’s a mess out here. Police and ambulances everywhere . https://twitter.com/RobinsonCarol/st...791552/photo/1

WBRC on the scene, reporter has seen two victims taken out on stretchers.

Hoover city Councilman confirms shooter is dead.

3 young people have been taken away by ambulance, two young female and one young male.

Hearing a 10-year old gunshot victim.

My daughter and her friend are in her car now coming home.

@RobinsonCarol: Hoover police confirm the shooter is dead in an officer involved shooting. Still don’t have number of injuries

Waiting on Hoover police to give an announcement shortly. Screenshot_20181122-232302__01.jpg

Daughter is home, by the way. Forgot to mention that.

Even worse than I thought. Daughter was in the hallway near the shooter. She grabbed her friend and ran into Victoria's Secret.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Hearing a 10-year old gunshot victim.
    This makes me angry....

Glad your daughter is ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've seen the pic of the dead guy. Bastard.

Two guys in physical alteration. One pulled a gun on the other, shot twice, struck an 18-year old. Fled, then shot and killed by Hoover police.

12-year old girl was also struck by gunfire.

Re: Shots fired Riverchase Galleria tonight

I am so glad your daughter is safe and had the presence of mind to get herself and her friend into a safer location and situation. Hug her a little tighter than usual and be thankful you have her to send her out into the world again tomorrow, when you start worrying all over again.
    Thanking the Lord for the outcome you had.
    Keep an eye on her, Mrs. C and yourself for any post-trauma stress symptoms; take care of you and yours.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

What Pappy said!!!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Me too. God was with her.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Wow Darrell, just saw this. So glad she's safe.

Sounds like a dispute shooting, not a random nutcase, which is sadly better since the goal was to shoot one guy and not a bunch of people. Degrees of evil and stupidity seems to be where we're still at as a species.

Glad police presence was heavy and they took care of him quickly.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rachel just left to go back to school. So glad it was not a mass shooting type thing, which is what we initially feared when she texted. Then again, with the police on the scene immediately, they would have taken care of it as well.

Darrell, so glad your daughter is ok, lifting the victims up in prayer, whether physically or psychologically affected.
    Last edited by UKRxman93; 11-23-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Not sure my daughter was ever in serious danger, but she was close. She was actually on the 1st floor of the Galleria, and the shooter was above her on the 2nd floor, so she may not have been in serious danger.

She and a friend of hers met up with several other friends. They were in the hall, near the Food Court, when the shooting began. Bedlam ensued, and she grabbed her friend and directed her and the others into Victoria's Secret. My daughter is usually overly dramatic in everything, but from all accounts of her friends, she was the calm-headed, cool one. She told me she had to be because her friend was crying and near hysterics, and only one of them could do that.

She texted her Mom that she loved her. My wife, thinking typical daughter found something expensive she wants to buy, texted her back that she loved her, too. She then told her that there was gunfire at the Mall, but that she and Melanie were safe at Victoria's Secret. My wife called me over, and we told her to get in the very back of the store, but they were already there. The store manager had not yet closed the store door at the time, but closed it during the texts. My wife urged her to make sure that she was quiet and that the phone ringer was turned off, and the manager had turned off the radio speaker system (I think I would have left it on) by then, and then closed the gate.

They huddled in the back, hiding, and texting back and forth. I was giving her updates from Twitter news until the police cleared it. It was all over in a matter of seconds, I guess, less than a minute. Two shots....then a hesitation.....then six or seven shots. Police were close enough to see the 18-year old victim fall, who had been hit by both shots, and engaged the shooter, and he fled with his gun. Before he could get free, they dropped him.

After they cleared it, she and her friend got to her car and locked the doors. Some girl came up to the window and told them the shooter was on top of the parking deck, and they were going to go hide again, but I had already heard from the Hoover police that it was all clear and the shooter had been dropped. So they continued. Took them an hour to get out of the parking lot.

Her friend was still shaken today. My daughter seemed fine. She said she was really scared while it was happening, but was ok now. I wish she could have stayed home a few more days, but she has rehearsal tomorrow for a play she's in and auditions the next day she needs to prepare for, and life goes on. Again, she wasn't really in danger like we thought, but we (and she) didn't know that. By the time she was texting, it was really over.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Prayers for the victims, including the shooter--21-year old ex-military guy, graduate from a local minority Catholic high school, according to a guy I know who teaches there. He is in disbelief that he was the shooter, and thinks they made a mistake, but I think the police got it right.

There's a 12-year old girl who was hit by a stray bullet in the back. She was taken to Children's Hospital. They did exploratory surgery on her last night, making an incision about two inches above her belly button--the bullet hit no internal organs, and is lodged close to her spine. They were doing a CT scan today. If it was safe, they were going to leave the bullet in, and discharge her Tuesday or Wednesday, according to her mother.

The 18-year old was unarmed. He was in serious condition. I don't know anything more than that.

As UKRxman93 said, pray for the victims--all of them.

Capsule version.

Police did not shoot and kill the guy who shot the 18-year old. They shot somebody else.

The shooter is still at large. They are calling him a "second gunman," but he may not have shot.

This may end up being a huge race issue.

Getting murkier by the minute it appears.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Good grief. One would think the whole thing would have been caught on surveillance?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Corrected police media release. 1543070388.jpg

Lead story on Fox's site this morning:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-kille...man-police-say

EJ's dad is a police officer with the Birmingham police department, 25-year veteran. Screenshot_20181124-111833__01.jpg

The kid who was killed is son of a police officer?

Yep.

The kid who the Hoover police shot was active duty Army on leave for Thanksgiving.

I'm not judging here, but this could be really bad. So many things are not going the way you'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The kid who was killed is son of a police officer?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Yep.

The kid who the Hoover police shot was active duty Army on leave for Thanksgiving.

I'm not judging here, but this could be really bad. So many things are not going the way you'd expect.
    Sounds extremely bad. Extremely bad.

Sounds smart to turn this over to the state investigators immediately. Should maybe bump it to the FBI.

It seems the "fight gone bad" thing is holding up, but now the question is who was actually in the fight and who did what. This guy may have been involved,may have known them but not been involved, could have just been a guy they thought was part of it, etc. Very messy.