Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Need help finding an app

I'm looking for the most basic phone app that does the following:

1. Allows you to input an event.
    2. Counts the days since that event.
    3. Allows you to post a 2nd, 3rd, or whatever reoccurrence of that event and keep track of all of them.

I have had that app before long ago, but I don't recall what it was called and I no longer have it.

I loaded "Days Counter" which is almost perfect, but it doesn't keep a running log of all the occurrences.

Need help finding an app

Oh - maybe it would help to show how I use it.

I have six cars. Each car I would like to add for oil changes, new tires, etc. I would like to look at a glance and see how many days since I changed the oil.

Also nice would be if you could input comments for each occurrence (if desired).

I can never remember how long I have been using a contact lens. I'd like to see at a glance when I started with a new one.

Checked tire air pressure. Added air. Replaced air conditioning filter. You name it, there's a thousand little things like that.

Days Counter is very close. Couple of screenshots (just downloaded to try). Screenshot_20181120-042932__01.jpgScreenshot_20181120-042951__01.jpg

Need help finding an app

I guess I'll just stick with Days Counter. I can edit in the last date before that each time before I update. Was just hoping to find one that kept up with that automatically.

Otherwise, Days Counter is perfect. Dead drop simple and attractive at a glance interface.

Need help finding an app

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Oh - maybe it would help to show how I use it.

I have six cars. Each car I would like to add for oil changes, new tires, etc. I would like to look at a glance and see how many days since I changed the oil.

Also nice would be if you could input comments for each occurrence (if desired).

I can never remember how long I have been using a contact lens. I'd like to see at a glance when I started with a new one.

Checked tire air pressure. Added air. Replaced air conditioning filter. You name it, there's a thousand little things like that.

Days Counter is very close. Couple of screenshots (just downloaded to try). Screenshot_20181120-042932__01.jpgScreenshot_20181120-042951__01.jpg
    Might be easier to find an app that sells cars...just say’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Need help finding an app

Or one that sells kids who drive them.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Might be easier to find an app that sells cars...just say’n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Need help finding an app

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I guess I'll just stick with Days Counter. I can edit in the last date before that each time before I update. Was just hoping to find one that kept up with that automatically.

Otherwise, Days Counter is perfect. Dead drop simple and attractive at a glance interface.
    This reminds me of my mom. She will call me with a tech question and before she gets to the period in the sentence she tells me to not worry about it that she'll work it out. She doesn't even give me time to solve the problem.

You did better, you gave us almost 30 minutes.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: Need help finding an app

Oh, listen. If somebody comes up with what I used to have, or similar (or better), I'll switch in a heartbeat. So I probably should have left that available.

Ideally, I should input something like:

Jeep - Oil Change.

And then just tap it the day it occurs. And it logs that event, and starts counting. If I want to input notes (like mileage), I can, but I don't have to. And then when 90 days goes by, or whatever, I click it again, and it resets. The app I mentioned above does that, HOWEVER, it "loses" the first time. It only keeps up with the last one. That's "ok," but not ideal. The work-around is to input in the details the last time it happened before that.

I don't want any comprehensive spreadsheet-database-whatever. I want obnoxiously easy, simple, one-task only kind of thing.

I COULD use it for work stuff, too if I liked it well enough. But the idea is this is all those personal things that are nit picky that you forget. When you bought tires. When you had an oil change. When you paid for your Post Office Box. When you changed air filters. When you changed contact lens. When you last bought eyeglasses. If I have a repair done on a car, I'd like to log it -- Jeep - replaced water pump. That kind of thing.

At some point my "cars" thing will go down from 6 to 2 (maybe 3), but for now, I'm still "responsible" for at least 4 of the 6, if not all 6 from time to time.