Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Re: Roy Clark dead at 85

BTW the article is worth reading. Stuff I didn't know...

I wasn’t a country music fan by any means, but it was pretty easy to recognize he was very good at his craft with the banjo and guitar.

Oh, that's good...No, that's bad. That's real bad.

I remember his appearances on The Beverly Hillbillies more than any. Hee Haw was a little too corn for me most of the time.

He was a good entertainer, and a great guitarist. He became one with the guitar and packaged it that way.

That's not an easy thing to do.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    I remember his appearances on The Beverly Hillbillies more than any. Hee Haw was a little too corn for me most of the time.

He was a good entertainer, and a great guitarist. He became one with the guitar and packaged it that way.

That's not an easy thing to do.

You didn't like the Pee Little Thrigs?

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    You didn't like the Pee Little Thrigs?
    Or BR-549, or "if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all..."

What made it work is that everyone watching and everyone on the show knew it was completely corny, and just made fun of themselves and didn't care. Not saying I could watch it for a marathon 8 hour netflix session, but maybe I could.

Mostly I enjoy it now b/c of the nostalgia. Reminds me of being a kid watching at home. I like thinking about the simplicity of my childhood back in rural Kentucky. It's peaceful.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Or BR-549, or "if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all..."

What made it work is that everyone watching and everyone on the show knew it was completely corny, and just made fun of themselves and didn't care. Not saying I could watch it for a marathon 8 hour netflix session, but maybe I could.

Mostly I enjoy it now b/c of the nostalgia. Reminds me of being a kid watching at home. I like thinking about the simplicity of my childhood back in rural Kentucky. It's peaceful.
    You nailed it. Great memories...at home with Mom and Dad. Wasn't too keen on Lawrence Welk, though. Would have preferred Get Smart.

I loved Archie.

I did watch Hee Haw but some of it I didn't find too funny. Of course Junior Samples was hilarious in making fun of himself. But I grew weary of the fat folks jokes, the dumb hick stuff, and fake laugh tracks after a few years.
    String Bean and Grandpa Jones were awesome too. Lots of stories with those two.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Roy Clark dead at 85

Quote Originally Posted by badrose View Post
    What a hoot, fun music, what a novel concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta4535Y8xYE

He was not only a consummate musician but an entertainer. RIP Roy.
    changing my signature to change our luck.