Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

My daughter's final shift at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

After 7½ years as a NICU and pediatric oncology/hematogy nurse, she will be moving to Columbus next week to begin her new career as a pediatric oncology nurse practitioner. This is going to be sort of sappy, but I'm so proud of that young lady my heart wants to burst. She's my role model and inspiration. I'll be proud to help her move next week (if you see some old bald-headed guy driving a Penske truck headed north, give me a little leeway, willya?) to start her new adventure. (She does have movers to load and unload everything--I'm just the driver. I have my limits!)

In any event, I can't do it justice, and this doesn't either, but I thought I would share her post after her final shift today which gives you a little look-see into her life these last few years.

And after almost 7.5 years...that’s a wrap for now, Vanderbilt❤️I am so humbled and beyond grateful for everything that this institution has shown me throughout my time as a bedside nurse. I have seen babies born at 24 weeks with tiny bodies only slightly bigger than the size of my hand grow up to celebrate 5th birthdays. I have seen families fall apart and come back together again in the midst of a devastating diagnosis. I have pushed chemo through the veins of small children while we simultaneously dance to “baby shark” at the same time. I have seen kids laugh and cry and hope. I’ve been the tooth fairy and a Christmas reindeer all in the same night. I’ve seen what it’s like to see a stem cell transplant save someone’s life. I’ve had the most honest and raw and real conversations with kids who have asked what God and heaven is like. I’ve been there the night a family is told for the first time that their child has cancer, but that we’re all ready to fight for them. I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, and I’ve found something so inherently beautiful in even the darkest of situations. I’ve learned the meaning of hope and grace and resilience. And I’ve come to know an amazing team of coworkers as family throughout it all. So ending my last shift as a bedside nurse, although it brings me a lot of sadness, I would be remiss not to say I am so thankful God brought me to Nashville in 2011. I have grown so much as both a nurse and individual here, and can’t wait to take with me all that I’ve learned to Columbus as I begin my pediatric oncology NP career. So until next time, Nashville, and here’s to the next adventure, Ohio ❤️ @ Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt

I'm not tearing up. You're tearing up.

Re: My daughter's final shift at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

Dang straight I am.
    You must feel very blessed to have been a part of this extraordinary young ladies journey.
    These are the moments we live for.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

My daughter's final shift at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

We will be at Vandy today. Not our last day but getting closer.

I've never meet your daughter. At least I didn't know it. But everyone at Vandy is amazing. I'm sure she is as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    After 7½ years as a NICU and pediatric oncology/hematogy nurse, she will be moving to Columbus next week to begin her new career as a pediatric oncology nurse practitioner. This is going to be sort of sappy, but I'm so proud of that young lady my heart wants to burst. She's my role model and inspiration. I'll be proud to help her move next week (if you see some old bald-headed guy driving a Penske truck headed north, give me a little leeway, willya?) to start her new adventure. (She does have movers to load and unload everything--I'm just the driver. I have my limits!)

In any event, I can't do it justice, and this doesn't either, but I thought I would share her post after her final shift today which gives you a little look-see into her life these last few years.

And after almost 7.5 years...that’s a wrap for now, Vanderbilt❤️I am so humbled and beyond grateful for everything that this institution has shown me throughout my time as a bedside nurse. I have seen babies born at 24 weeks with tiny bodies only slightly bigger than the size of my hand grow up to celebrate 5th birthdays. I have seen families fall apart and come back together again in the midst of a devastating diagnosis. I have pushed chemo through the veins of small children while we simultaneously dance to “baby shark” at the same time. I have seen kids laugh and cry and hope. I’ve been the tooth fairy and a Christmas reindeer all in the same night. I’ve seen what it’s like to see a stem cell transplant save someone’s life. I’ve had the most honest and raw and real conversations with kids who have asked what God and heaven is like. I’ve been there the night a family is told for the first time that their child has cancer, but that we’re all ready to fight for them. I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, and I’ve found something so inherently beautiful in even the darkest of situations. I’ve learned the meaning of hope and grace and resilience. And I’ve come to know an amazing team of coworkers as family throughout it all. So ending my last shift as a bedside nurse, although it brings me a lot of sadness, I would be remiss not to say I am so thankful God brought me to Nashville in 2011. I have grown so much as both a nurse and individual here, and can’t wait to take with me all that I’ve learned to Columbus as I begin my pediatric oncology NP career. So until next time, Nashville, and here’s to the next adventure, Ohio ❤️ @ Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt

I'm not tearing up. You're tearing up.
    I did tear up. No apologies here. That is a young lady that understands the vageries of life...and this value. You should be proud.

Great post.

Good nurses are wonderful.

Rupp's Runt

Not gonna lie, my eyes leaked a bit here too.
    She sounds like a truly loving, caring woman. And well suited for her vocation.
    We need people like her, and my daughter, in those jobs because when any of us needs that kind of help, we need the very best to treat and take care of us.
    These healthcare workers are the cream of the crop in humanity. And for the sake of humanity, we truly do need them.