Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Christmas, and under my tree, "deep remission".

To update for those who responded earlier or read my Thanksgiving post. Those are the words of the Doctor, "deep remission". Don't know if I told you, he showed up in Bozeman about three months before I needed to meet him, the hemo-oncologist, PhD from Harvard, Ohio State grad who wears his OSU dress shirt every friday and will talk smack about football or basketball.

So I started chemotherapy on Halloween and I'm done with treatments. I'm better than I have been in six years, and planning on a sip or two of drinking whiskey at tonight's 23rd annual Krauss Christmas Eve party.

Anyway, that's the update. Waiting for lymphocytes and red blood cells to recover, but nutraphils, (spelling?) a particular white blood cell that is the bellweather sign of leukemic "neutropenia", is normal. My chem panel straight normal, something that hasn't been since I painted locomotives with mutagenic paint and drank like a fish after second shift was over, uh, thirty years ago. My "sero negative rheumatoid arthritis" gone after six years of serial rheumatologist visits, because I never had it, just my disease mimic-ing the symptoms.

I hope you all have as great a Christmas as I will have this year. I've been given quite the stocking stuffer.

Bombino

Re: Christmas, and under my tree, "deep remission".

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    To update for those who responded earlier or read my Thanksgiving post. Those are the words of the Doctor, "deep remission". Don't know if I told you, he showed up in Bozeman about three months before I needed to meet him, the hemo-oncologist, PhD from Harvard, Ohio State grad who wears his OSU dress shirt every friday and will talk smack about football or basketball.

So I started chemotherapy on Halloween and I'm done with treatments. I'm better than I have been in six years, and planning on a sip or two of drinking whiskey at tonight's 23rd annual Krauss Christmas Eve party.

Anyway, that's the update. Waiting for lymphocytes and red blood cells to recover, but nutraphils, (spelling?) a particular white blood cell that is the bellweather sign of leukemic "neutropenia", is normal. My chem panel straight normal, something that hasn't been since I painted locomotives with mutagenic paint and drank like a fish after second shift was over, uh, thirty years ago. My "sero negative rheumatoid arthritis" gone after six years of serial rheumatologist visits, because I never had it, just my disease mimic-ing the symptoms.

I hope you all have as great a Christmas as I will have this year. I've been given quite the stocking stuffer.
    I don't think that you could ask for a better present. That I amazing amazing news. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Great news, Jeff. Here's hoping for continued great news in the New Year. Happy Holidays!

Awesome news Jeff. Heck of a Christmas present.

Very, very good news, and thank you for sharing it with us.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.

Rupp's Runt

I guess our prayers have been answered! But we'll keep praying, as we don't want you leaving us just yet!
    Great news, bigsky! Merry CHRISTmas!
    MOLON LABE!

+1

Continued prayers and you keep getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I guess our prayers have been answered! But we'll keep praying, as we don't want you leaving us just yet!
    Great news, bigsky! Merry CHRISTmas!
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

That is great news bigsky! Here's hoping you have a great Christmas!

Health is the best present in the world. Merry Christmas and God bless

Just awesome news, Jeff! Just in time for Christmas too. God bless you and you family.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.

Fab Five

Sky, Words can't describe how happy I am with your good news. It's a victory in life's battles. I know this will be a veryMeryChristmas! I hope it is but one of about three dozen or so.

Unforgettable

Jeff a total answer to prayers from your UK brothers. God has given you new life, enjoy your family on this wonderful birthday of Jesus. I am very happy for you

That's such a beautiful thing for you and your family. Hallejuah!!

There is nothing that makes me happier than hearing a fellow UK fan is kicking cancer's butt!! Merry Christmas to you Jeff - and may each day be better and better. I know all too well the watch on the neutrophils and leukocytes and chem panels (OH MY!) - so don't over do it too much - but please drink a sip or two of whiskey for me as I am stuck here at work and in Seattle without any family. God bless you!

Thanks very much for sharing the update with us. You are a long way from where you were, and it makes me very happy that you are doing so well. As for that sip or two, I really hope you have some excellent KY Bourbon in the cabinet.

Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Awesome news! I'll raise a glass in your direction, as I happen to be sipping some fine bourbon right now.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Include me in the group that is very happy to hear the news.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Awesome news, and Christmas present

Here's to you, bigsky! Great news!
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19