Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Annual Trek Southward

Grammy and I will be traveling to Fort Walton Beach to celebrate 20 years of marriage. Actually the actual event is November 1 but we have the week to get away.
    Other than a layover Saturday in beautiful downtown Pelham so we can enjoy a breakfast at Edgar's (thanks so much for the tip, Mick) is there any other little gems that one might be able to suggest along the way?

I will be listening to the games (Georgia and Tennessee) both ways but how many folks get to say they spent twenty years with an absolute angel? She sure is a lucky lady!

Go Big Blue and I will be a watching for your recommendations...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Re: Annual Trek Southward

If you have not tried it, I suggest Meguires Pub in West Destin. They make their own root beer and it is really good. Their steaks are hand cut off the quarter daily and they know how to cook them. Food is great and the services is as well. If you are a fan of cheesecake make sure that you and your bride share a slab for desert. I think it is the best I ever ate.

I hope this google map works
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
    but how many folks get to say they spent twenty years with an absolute angel? She sure is a lucky lady!
    I"m sure she counts her lucky stars every day...

Have a fun trip.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Annual Trek Southward

We had a really nice experience at the Bay Cafe. Nice deck on the water, kind of French flair, food was very good. I had the sea bass it was really good, Mrs boss, IIR had the scallops... creame brûlée was the real deal.

Down the road a bit in Navarro Beach there’s a burger joint TC’s Front Porch, that used to be a service station... best burger I’ve ever had. Real casual...

Down the road the other way Destin, Henderson Park Inn, date night. Coordinate your reserves with the sunset and sit on the deck overlooking the beach/gulf. Really good food, great atmosphere, beautiful view. In fact Mrs boss and I had an anniversary dinner there. I had a chef special which I usually don’t do but it was grilled tile fish, tile fish is hard to find, melted in my mouth, Mrs boss had a filet, it was perfect. It’s a little pricy, but hey it was date night, and our anniversary!!! You’re welcome!!

Oh yeah, Mrs boss’s daughter ( my stepdaughter) made the reserves for us and told them it was our anniversary. They served us a dessert with “happy anniversary” written in chocolate raspberry sauce with some kind of killer chocolate cake thing, delicious, and a really nice presentation, Mrs. boss got a little misty, which got me a little misty (salt air)... anyway the service was outstanding.

D-town Ft Walton, kind of on a side street, there’s a place that is in what looks like an old plantation house can’t remember the name but it was good too.

98 towards Destin at the end of the runway at the base, there was a fruit stand. Last I was there it was in May a few years ago, best watermelon I’ve ever had ever. Fresh homegrown veggies and fruit... not sure what’s available this time of year. We were standing there buying fruit and a couple of F14’s(I think) took off, right over our heads, scared the crap out of me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Annual Trek Southward

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    If you have not tried it, I suggest Meguires Pub in West Destin. They make their own root beer and it is really good. Their steaks are hand cut off the quarter daily and they know how to cook them. Food is great and the services is as well. If you are a fan of cheesecake make sure that you and your bride share a slab for desert. I think it is the best I ever ate.

I hope this google map works
    ^^^ditto on McGuire’s, when you’re ready for cow, you can’t beat it. We eaten at the one in Destin and Pensacola, they know what they’re do’n...

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Annual Trek Southward

Happy Anniversary Pappy and the missus!

My recommendation on the way down and back. And they're good folk, too (that's why I included the third Pic).

Annual Trek Southward

Sandwiches for lunch are good, too.

Fab Five

Grammy and I will be traveling to Fort Walton Beach to celebrate 20 years of marriage. Actually the actual event is November 1 but we have the week to get away.
    Other than a layover Saturday in beautiful downtown Pelham so we can enjoy a breakfast at Edgar's (thanks so much for the tip, Mick) is there any other little gems that one might be able to suggest along the way?

I will be listening to the games (Georgia and Tennessee) both ways but how many folks get to say they spent twenty years with an absolute angel? She sure is a lucky lady!

Go Big Blue and I will be a watching for your recommendations...
    If you go to Edgar’s try the challah French toast. The All-American is a great breakfast if you get the cheese grits option.
    Real Fan since 1958

I remember the best cup of coffee with the most pleasant smells one can imagine...
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

Rupp's Runt

Congratulations to you both! Prayers for a safe & pleasant time & journey.
    My bride and I are at 13 & 1/2 years of marriage. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. And our kids. Life is good!

Got a rough start. Left Louisville and just a little over two hours in made it all the way to Lebanon Junction. Accident had I65 closed.

Annual Trek Southward

Same start the football team had today.
    Got a rough start. Left Louisville and just a little over two hours in made it all the way to Lebanon Junction. Accident had I65 closed.

I listened to the games on the drive down, and I have to agree. What should have been about a 9.5 hour drive turned into 13. Much like the team, nothing seemed to work. But we finally arrived, sisters and B-I-L are reunited, let's get to work. This one stings, but we still got a lot of season left. GBB!

Got to go to Maguires; got to drive past it and the smell coming out of there was incredible.
    Ate at a little hole in the wall in Panama City, The Sunny Side Grill, and for good food at a great price they set he bar pretty dang high.
    Devastation east of there on Mexico City is heartbreaking.

I don't usually post personal pictures. But here you go.
    Pay no mind to the bearded guy on the right.

20th Anniversary Trip.jpg

Annual Trek Southward

That's a terrific picture. You are one lucky guy, too. From what I know of you here, she's just as lucky as well. You guys have a wonderful time, and thanks for sharing the picture.

Ate lunch at McGuire's in Destin. Shepherd Pie, Bean soup started with an order of Rueben Egg rolls. Washed it down with a draft Irish Red. My kind of eating.

Annual Trek Southward

Ate lunch at McGuire's in Destin. Shepherd Pie, Bean soup started with an order of Rueben Egg rolls. Washed it down with a draft Irish Red. My kind of eating.
    Great photo!!!

Photo was taken at Eden Garden state park at the salt marshes.
    An absolutely gorgeous place.
    Thank you folks, but I realize I out-kicked my coverage by a ton...

I don't usually post personal pictures. But here you go.
    Pay no mind to the bearded guy on the right.

20th Anniversary Trip.jpg
    There is a guy in the pic of the lovely lady? Man I missed that completely.
    seeya
    dan

Shepherds pie from there is my favorite meal for lunch. Root beer to wash it down and a slice of cheese cake is a meal I miss.
    seeya
    dan

Normally, lunchtime is a tad early for alcohol but I saw them bringing another patron the Irish Red and couldn't resist.
    I am glad I was weak.

Back at home and man what a trip.
    Thanks to everyone for the recommendations, they truly came in handy.

Annual Trek Southward

Back at home and man what a trip.
    Thanks to everyone for the recommendations, they truly came in handy.
    Glad you all had a safe trip.