Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Brown University Offering Programs for 'Unlearning Toxic Masculinity

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/2...gutfeld-reacts

They also need to develop course work to teach students to unlearn toxic femininity.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: Brown University Offering Programs for 'Unlearning Toxic Masculinity

Does the schedule conflict with the Two Minute Hate?
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

BTW I agree with Dana. I think instead of 2 years mandatory military service we should require everyone go work 2 years on a family farm. Recidivists can do 5 years.

Grow up, learn how to get up and shut up and do the work. Get out of your self absorbed head and go milk the damned cows.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Glad that wasnt a required course for me. Id have told those biotches off, scratched my junk and spit on the first day
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

You would have hit the superfecta if you’d broke some wind too lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Glad that wasnt a required course for me. Id have told those biotches off, scratched my junk and spit on the first day

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    BTW I agree with Dana. I think instead of 2 years mandatory military service we should require everyone go work 2 years on a family farm. Recidivists can do 5 years.

Grow up, learn how to get up and shut up and do the work. Get out of your self absorbed head and go milk the damned cows.
    I like this idea. A lot.
    Although I am certainly not against 2 years of mandatory military service either.
    The Family Farm Program would be much more desirable than the Peace Corps., because i would be helping AMERICA FIRST!
    JMHO.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

What a brainwashing load of crap. It appears based on the videos from the class, that being masculine is considered evil.

There are bullies. There are those who use their physical strength or professional or economic power for wrong purposes.

That aint being a man. That is being a dick.

Plenty of good, strong men out there that do right. The stupidity and short sightedness of left and the liberals is to say that being masculine is wrong.
    Last edited by UKHistory; 10-29-2018 at 01:45 PM.

If the far left and far right keep moving the directions they are headed maybe eventually they will disappear and we can get on with a normal life.

We will survive this God willing.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

When it comes to education, this is a far left issue lock stock and barrel.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    If the far left and far right keep moving the directions they are headed maybe eventually they will disappear and we can get on with a normal life.

We will survive this God willing.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Actually the far extremes of both liberal and conservative thought lead to the same destination: totalitarianism.

Extremism is bad whatever your ideology. Neither are good for democracy or personal liberty.

This particular issue is a far left issue. Even more than that it's a stupidity issue. Something which is evident across party lines if you're looking both ways.

I do realize there is an established imaginary line to follow whether one agrees or not here. I do not adhere to such lines.
    Even though, almost 100% of the discussion here ignores far and alt right issues.

That's fine, but I would hope to agree on something would be applauded by either side. No sense in being defensive to the point one contributes to divisiveness.
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-30-2018 at 07:10 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”

I wouldn’t say that either Kingcat. Most conservative folks here will acknowledge that conspiracy theorist are mostly huddled up in the alt right corner.
    Some are still in the alt left pushing the Russian narrative, but it’s as void of real hard facts just like the wacko right has become.
    However, this issue being discussed is about education and government funds a good bit of this educational experience either public or private and by guaranteeing student loans that are taken to attend school.
    My kids are college age, one of mine has chosen college at The Citadel where this hasn’t crept in....yet.
    I know some of her friends are at schools who preclude free speech, in many forms due to students claiming to not “feel safe”. Mind boggling foolishness is what that is when you can’t allow another point of view to be discussed and dissected on its strengths/weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

The American farming community does not deserve to have this problem dumped in their collective laps.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The American farming community does not deserve to have this problem dumped in their collective laps.
    I was thinking we'd have to do it in some way so they didn't have to deal with these people. That show where the two dimwits went to work on a farm was enough.

Maybe we could do it with peanut farmers though, those land owners get big subsidies, this could be their penance.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    This particular issue is a far left issue. Even more than that it's a stupidity issue. Something which is evident across party lines if you're looking both ways.

I do realize there is an established imaginary line to follow whether one agrees or not here. I do not adhere to such lines.
    Even though, almost 100% of the discussion here ignores far and alt right issues.

That's fine, but I would hope to agree on something would be applauded by either side. No sense in being defensive to the point one contributes to divisiveness.
    The reason alt-right stuff isn't called out as much is that, frankly, no one disagrees on it.

Seriously, who defends the Klan? Or the white supremacists or anti-Semites? Everyone knows they're insane, hateful people who need to be rounded up and deported.

But LOTS of people defend the alt-left versions, like Antifa and the Black Lives Matter extremists. Who on the Left condemns Farrakhan as much as everyone collectively dismisses David Duke as a nutbag? There's a picture of Obama with Farrakhan when he was rising through his Senate seat, but that was suppressed and even when it came out there was no horror. What happens if Bush II or Trump is seen hugging Duke?

The needle has moved to such a degree that people actually call for the elimination of free speech, and I'm sorry but those calls are vastly coming from the Left these days.

Now they use the accusations of being a racist "alt-right" lunatic on people who don't even come close to qualifying, weaponizing the terms and trying to repress people from voicing what are fundamentally acceptable but conservative or even libertarian views.

McCarthyism has come full circle. Where he used terms like "Communist" to try to repress opposition and silence people, now the Left uses the same exact tactics to repress conservatives by calling them racist or sexist or anti-Semitic.

Look at Trump. he has a Jewish son in law, daughter and grandkids, numerous Jewish members of his Administration, and has been the most clear and staunch supporter of Israel of any President, yet he has been accused of being anti-Semitic since the election and now having called himself a "nationalist" as opposed to a "globalist" the mainstream media have not just accused him of being an Anti-Semite but have just made it seem to be an assumptive truth.

The needle has swung so far out of whack that perfectly reasonable conservative positions, things even Democrats were saying not just 10 years ago (like Henry Reed, Clinton, even Obama on immigration) are being painted as proving one is a racist white supremacist hate monger.

So yeah, I don't bring up that the Klan is evil, b/c I don't have to, but I do think we need to discuss the idea that Universities are banning actual speech b/c they have people on campus who just don't like what is being said.

The Right has plenty of lunatics, but they have no real sway or power. the loonies on the Left unfortunately seem to be running the asylum currently, and the leadership is giving into this nonsense en masse.

for my part I'd like to put both of those groups on a raft and push them off the continent.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-30-2018 at 10:21 PM.

BTW, I'm not saying there isn't a clear slant on the boards. As we've discussed for years, it's a given since we're UK fans which means mostly Kentuckians and demographically we're going to be generally conservative by a wide margin as a group.

But I see no demagogues on here these days (we did at one time have a few, but they have long since departed).

In this case, discussing campuses, the issue is clearly coming from the left and this notion that free speech is somehow less important than protecting people's feelings. It's insane to even type such a thing, but here we are with it. There are other issues that clearly come from the right, but this one is grown from the decades long nurturing of everyone as a victim.

Unforgettable

The American President movie, had a closing speech where the democrat said you have to not only defend your right of free speech but you have to defend the right of someone whose position you hate to make their statement peaceably.

Key is peaceful. But the 1st amendment protects speech we don't agree with.

They determined that risk-taking behaviors and lack of willingness to seek help were among the reasons for negative health outcomes that men experience (Baker et al., 2014). This lack of willingness to seek help is not limited to physical injury and illness. The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention reports that the suicide rate for men is about four times higher than it is for women.

How men are socialized plays into the type of violence that exists in college communities. The harm and violence that men inflict is not strictly contained to the self-harm mentioned previously. Men will often resort to violence to resolve conflict because anger is the only emotion that they have been socialized to express.

Reading this it does not seem as far left as the Fox article suggests unless I am missing something. A health issue related to men who refuse to seek treatment because they are taught to tough out an illness. And others who might develope anger issues, a very common occurance which is acted out nearly every day in the news
    I thought from the article it was about men getting in touch with their feminine side or the like.
    From all I can gather, that’s not the case.

The heading “unlearning toxic masculinity” could be misrepresented it seems to me. It can be read two ways and for that reason was certainly a poor choice.
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-02-2018 at 05:17 PM.

kingcat, I think this indicates that it was Brown University's choice of words for the program name..................

Brown's health services initiative, BWell Health Promotion, introduced the social well-being programming titled “Unlearning Toxic Masculinity.”
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 11-02-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    seeya
    dan

Yeah I got it. It can be viewed as saying masculinity itself is toxic but thats probably a bit of a reach (unless we see the class in action and Im unable to see anything at the moment..a monitor bug of some type) The article hinted at more than an ambiguous label I felt.

Honestly I didn't check the link they gave, and from reading the article I took something entirely different from it. I actually thought it was an anti masculinity thing rather than a common toxic type of masculinity we all would recognize as machismo and how it can have negative effects on health.
    But we can bet that if it's an open discussion class then it would inevitably go south purdy dang quick.

I liked your thought on unlearning toxic femininity. And that's certainly not ambiguous in the least
    Last edited by kingcat; 11-02-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Ok. I watched the five video and without further proof I have to call major BS on this being an attack on masculinity.

At least by reading the Brown's class description, their's is a spin rotating faster than a neutron star.
    I do agree with the direction my friends are going here, but in this instance the video is a hit piece to appease their viewers.

Brown tossed out western civilization (a nd not just the curriculum) in favor of tribalism long ago.

Since they seem to want to lose their “toxic masculinity”, couldn’t we just refer them to KSR’s resident veterinarian and let him castrate them? It would be much cheaper than a course at Brown!