Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Mitch’s lunch not happening here

We got Greg, the BodySlammer, Gianforte as our Congressman. . Yeah, it was embarassing when it happened but after watching that guy yell at old man McConnell while he’s sitting in a restaurant booth, I guess I’m okay with a guy who’d get up and kick that guy’s ass. It really is the Montana way. I learned long ago when I first got here not to let my mouth write any checks I wasn’t willing to pay for. PS after Greg got arrested for thumpin the reporter who barged into a private party and then into a private office where a private conversation was going on, Montanans contributed $150K to his campaign.

Re: Mitch’s lunch not happening here

I'm glad some people stood up for Mitch in the restaurant. As a patron I'd be hacked, how dare someone come mess up my dinner too, b/c doing that impacts everyone in the place.

As for punching the reporter, obviously such things can't be condoned, but I'm not losing sleep either. I'm also tired of the boorish behavior like what the reporter did, and the way I was raised is as you describe, you got punched in the face for doing that so you didn't do it.

Politically I hope everyone gets out and does their part. 2 years of endless impeachment nonsense and lunacy like trying to end ICE and whatever else they think they want to position for for the 2020 election, and NONE Of it going anywhere in the senate but endlessly tying us up from doing anything, is not a good prospect.

Of course if the GOP only gains in the Senate, which is possible, at least we can spend the next 2 years getting the judiciary fixed.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I don’t like Mitch and I feel like the voters need to throw him out on his ear.
    With that said, this type of stuff doesn’t help to unseat him. If anything, it does quite the opposite.
    It reeks of spoiled brat, crybaby children who don’t get their way and a portion of the left looks very similar as well.
    There are plenty of legit ways to attack his record and performance in office. Much of that will be overshadowed by this kind of lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
    I don’t like Mitch and I feel like the voters need to throw him out on his ear.
    With that said, this type of stuff doesn’t help to unseat him. If anything, it does quite the opposite.
    It reeks of spoiled brat, crybaby children who don’t get their way and a portion of the left looks very similar as well.
    There are plenty of legit ways to attack his record and performance in office. Much of that will be overshadowed by this kind of lunacy.
    I'm firmly in your corner. Im not a McConnell fan, at all. IMO he is that old school establishment politician who's first goal is to hoard power and keep his job rather than having an efficient and well performing government.

That said, this current political environment is ludicrious. The left blames Trump who is in part at fault. The right blame pretty much all the left, from Clinton to Waters to Booker to Harris to Holder to Feinstein. Likewise they are as culpable. But the media has to also share in the blame. They no longer report the news but rather try to create it.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Unforgettable
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

You don’t assault or harass people. The Montana politician was in the wrong. The people that refused to serve Sarah huckabee were in the wrong. The people who threw Mitch’s food out were in the wrong.

It shows a level of disrespect that takes away civil discourse. Trump and his beer hall like propaganda fuels an anger and fear that motivates the left and the middle.

That said Americans must find a way to communicate with one another respectfully.

Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
    You don’t assault or harass people. The Montana politician was in the wrong. The people that refused to serve Sarah huckabee were in the wrong. The people who threw Mitch’s food out were in the wrong.

It shows a level of disrespect that takes away civil discourse. Trump and his beer hall like propaganda fuels an anger and fear that motivates the left and the middle.

That said Americans must find a way to communicate with one another respectfully.
    I’m for introducing a level of risk for bad behavior. The guy who tossed Mitch’s lunch out the door should have gotten beaten up. There is a thing called “fighting words”. The personnor people Yelling “eff you” at Ted Cruz or MM need to be in serious jeopardy. At one time in this country they would have been. You can exercise your free speech right but you might get thumped for it.

I wasn’t angry at Gianforte because he was violent. I was POed because I’d voted for him already and though he’d just given into natural instincts, which candidates can’t do, and blown the election.

In 1942, the U.S. Supreme Court established the doctrine by a 9–0 decision in Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire.[3] It held that "insulting or 'fighting words', those that by their very utterance inflict injury or tend to incite an immediate breach of the peace" are among the "well-defined and narrowly limited classes of speech the prevention and punishment of [which] … have never been thought to raise any constitutional problem."

If the cops are not going too enforce fighting words prohibitions then we may have to elect fighting politicians.

I'm old school like you bigsky. I get that it's an incongruity to respect the rights of others and still be OK with someone punching a guy in the mouth who was "asking for it", but that's how it is IMO.

Guy comes up and insults your wife, daughter, etc., IMO it's perfectly acceptable to knock that guy on his butt. You can't kill him, put him in the hospital for weeks, etc., but punching him just as hard as you can? Yeah, no problems.

I find it interesting that so many on the Left are rallying around the notion of "hate speech" and think it's OK to ban language that "triggers" them, but I'm betting would not be OK with this simple old school approach. IMO it's far superior b/c anyone still has the right to say what they want, but if you mouth off like a punk ass fool you may pay for it.

It's not rightful protest to disrupt someone's meal over any level of politics in this country. it's not like we're out there rounding people up and shooting them or something.

I was raised that if you mouth off you may get punched. I don't think that's all so terrible. At a time we're calling for more civility it's interesting to note that for centuries in this country that's how things worked, and things were more civil.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

No one should harass anyone who's just trying to have dinner. Almost more importantly, no one should ever throw Havana Rumba food on the sidewalk. It's arguably the best restaurant in the city.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 10-30-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    No one should harass anyone who's just trying to have dinner. Almost more importanly, no one should ever throw Havana Rumba food on the sidewalk. It's arguably the best restaurant in the city.
    lol. If I owned a restaurant and someone behaved that way in it they'd be lucky if I didn't go Montana on them. It's disrespectful to everyone involved.

This nation provides avenues for peaceful protest, and even protests that are disruptive, but that doesn't extend to the private lives of elected officials IMO. Go lock yourselves to the Capital step railings for all I care, but you can't go lock yourself to their home's steps. Right or left, these are duly elected officials, not installed minions of some potentate.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 10-21-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Truth!
    No one should harass anyone who's just trying to have dinner. Almost more importanly, no one should ever throw Havana Rumba food on the sidewalk. It's arguably the best restaurant in the city.

No one should harass anyone who's just trying to have dinner.

But that is what Mad Maxine Waters advocated they do, as one of the spokepersons for the left. Sure, Trump called for throwing somevody out too but that was a troublemaker at his rally. That is far different than accousting people at restaurants gas stations, grocery stores, etc.......

Personally I wish the media would take the same approach they do when fans run onto the field during sports events which is not show them.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    But that is what Mad Maxine Waters advocated they do, as one of the spokepersons for the left. Sure, Trump called for throwing somevody out too but that was a troublemaker at his rally. That is far different than accousting people at restaurants gas stations, grocery stores, etc.......

Personally I wish the media would take the same approach they do when fans run onto the field during sports events which is not show them.
    The media doesnt' call out people like Waters, who is a lunatic, and then get all upset when people chastise them at events. IMO they're a big part of the problem, both by not condemning this behavior when it comes from the Left b/c they are so sympathetic, and by not calling out those who are encouraging it from positions of authority.

Haha. Well played.
    ~Puma~