Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Chauvin Verdict coming down

Chauvin Verdict coming down

Big question is what verdict will be acceptable and not result in riots? Me, I say it does not matter. Riots and looting will incur regardless. He could be found guilty of Capital Murder and there will still be smashing of stores, stealing of merchandise and damage to property.

Part of me wants a minimal crime and sentence simply because of the outside influences. Even Biden has chimed in about his "guilt". I am one of those old schoolers who believe the jury, the pool of peers who listened to ALL the evidence and to both the prosecution and defense arguments are who best determines guilt or not guilty. But personally I believe what he did was horrible. I also believe the George Floyd is significantly culpable. He wasn't an innocent bystanders whom the police targeted. He was a criminal who elected to not follow the police instructions. Likewise Chauvin certainly did not "protect and serve" the community which included Floyd. Will be interesting to hear the verdict and watch the aftermath. I expect both to be explosive both literally and figuratively.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Chauvin Verdict coming down

Guilty all down the line. Based on the evidence, seems like the correct verdict. No doubt that Chauvin's behavior was beyond reasonable, and could/should be called disgusting. And while I stated above that Floyd held some blame, it was minimal. Biggest factor is that Chauvin was in control of the situation, and had the ability to stop at any point. He should have at the very latest when there was no pulse. Instead he elected to continue with his "restraint". I think the charges were appropriate and think the jury did well. Disappointed in all the outside the court room intimidation by public figures. That puts a measure of doubt into something that Americans should have faith in.

Let the looting ensue
    Last edited by Doc; 04-20-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Re: Chauvin Verdict coming down

PS--if this gets moved to the Barber shop, fine. Just figured it was a big enough event to warrant a bigger discussion forum