Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

My battle with critters

I'm getting some badly needed siding work, soffit work, etc. needed on my house next week (or maybe the week after. The guy wasn't definite.)

Anyway, squirrels and raccoons have torn up what wasn't torn up already, and frequented my attic. Here's my battle (condensed).

Initially I purchased a Squirrel evictor light to run the squirrels out. It worked.

After some time, they returned. Turned out, the tree rats had chewed the cord. Amazing and dangerous!

So I took it down, replaced the cord, and placed it in a form where they couldn't get to it.They left again.

The light bulb burned out. They returned. I replaced it and bought another one but the one I bought didn't work. I returned it. The other light bulb wasn't as bright. Had product issues. They returned and went to other locations.

I bought other strobe lights that they didn't like. At this point, the raccoons joined them. I bought a TV and placed it in the attic on a timer I could control with my phone. (My wife thinks I am nuts. So do you. I am now entertaining the critters with a dance party.)

No, the TV I bought is an old TV/Radio portable unit, analog. I had to buy it analog because everything now is digital. And when you cut power to it--which is what the module/app thing on my phone does--and it restores power, the radio doesn't come back on to a digital without you hitting the power button. I needed something that would come on again and scare the critters with the app automatically (and in the middle of the night).

So I went to a thrift store and found something for $10 that would work. Tuned it to talk radio--I chose NPR, because I think the critters are conservative and would go crazy listening to their liberal-leaning politics--and that helped immediately.

But not permanently. Apparently they got earplugs, or maybe I converted them. That's all we need, a bunch of liberal-left-leaning squirrels and raccoons. (No political observation intended).

So I researched and researched. Until the holes are completed, I don't want to hire some company to trap them because they'll return. And I don't want the guys doing the construction work to come face to face with a raccoon! I have to get them out at least temporarily.

So I researched some more.

Solution obtained.

1. Buy bottle/jar of cayenne pepper. Mix with 1 gallon water.
    2. Buy rags from Walmart automotive. They come in a bag.
    3. Buy bag of rubber bands.
    4. Ball up the rags, and take the rubber bands and tighten them around the rags so they remain in a ball.
    5. Insert balled-up-rags into cayenne pepper mix. I recommend putting on nitrile gloves while doing this.
    6. Let soak for a few minutes. Not long needed.
    7. Remove, wring out, and place on cardboard box or something that will absorb more moisture. You don't want the rags wet, or even moist, really.
    8. When dry enough, go into the attic. Throw the balls around the attic.

Trust me. This works. They HATED it. Raccoons and squirrels hate the smell, the taste, anything about cayenne pepper. It is not a permanent solution and will have to be replaced. But temporarily, it will work. Has worked for two weeks now. I am going to throw one more round up there this weekend so the workers are not disturbed and they don't return until after it is fixed.

FINALLY, I win one. (Watch tonight them return.)

Re: My battle with critters

If you notice a new name added to your Netflix account you'll know what happened.

The critters obviously do not hail from the bayou country.
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 10-19-2018 at 01:05 PM.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    If you notice a new name added to your Netflix account you'll know what happened.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My battle with critters

All I know is that there was a note passed to ask about Doc's RVeal box and whether Animal Planet was on it..

Rupp's Runt

My battle with critters

"(or maybe the week after. The guy wasn't definite.)"

In my experience they are never sure and this means 2 months from now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My battle with critters

So let’s see. You bought and acted with the following to eradicate vermin from your domicile:

Three or four squirrel chaser lights ( one of which almost burned your house down)

TV/Radio and control app (converting local vermin to liberalism)

Cayenne pepper/assorted spices, shop towels, cardboard boxes, rubber bands, misc materials etc (expanding vermin’s palate)

Countless hours of researching vermin detractors

Countless hours deploying vermin detractors

Countless hours plotting/worrying about vermin (see insomnia thread).

Countless hours researching home improvement/remodeling contractors. (to fortify domicile against vermin)

Hiring said home improvement/remodeling contractor.(fortifying domicile against vermin)

Countless hours researching marriage counselors (speculation)

Paying said marriage counselor (again, speculative)

.... would you like to re-evaluate your statement “I won”?

In the end it’s seems the vermin may consider this a win due to the advancement in the evolution of vermin and their obvious quest to take over the world from mankind.

They’ve already learned how to take over our crops for food. They’re in the process of evolving and taking over our living spaces, while driving us to the brink of madness, and it appears you have given them a leg up on how to best take over our technologies.

Yep, “you won”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

My battle with critters

Any update from last night??

"I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Have you considered getting them a mirror ball to go with the strobe lights?
    changing my signature to change our luck.

My battle with critters

Man. Sounds like my wife. I come here to get away from that abuse!
    Have you considered getting them a mirror ball to go with the strobe lights?

My battle with critters

I'd rather not think about it. It would be depressing. It's a little like me upgrading the memory on my Palm PDA years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    So let’s see. You bought and acted with the following to eradicate vermin from your domicile:

Three or four squirrel chaser lights ( one of which almost burned your house down)

TV/Radio and control app (converting local vermin to liberalism)

Cayenne pepper/assorted spices, shop towels, cardboard boxes, rubber bands, misc materials etc (expanding vermin’s palate)

Countless hours of researching vermin detractors

Countless hours deploying vermin detractors

Countless hours plotting/worrying about vermin (see insomnia thread).

Countless hours researching home improvement/remodeling contractors. (to fortify domicile against vermin)

Hiring said home improvement/remodeling contractor.(fortifying domicile against vermin)

Countless hours researching marriage counselors (speculation)

Paying said marriage counselor (again, speculative)

.... would you like to re-evaluate your statement “I won”?

In the end it’s seems the vermin may consider this a win due to the advancement in the evolution of vermin and their obvious quest to take over the world from mankind.

They’ve already learned how to take over our crops for food. They’re in the process of evolving and taking over our living spaces, while driving us to the brink of madness, and it appears you have given them a leg up on how to best take over our technologies.

Yep, “you won”

My battle with critters

Same. They have disappeared for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Any update from last night??

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    The are gnawing their way into the local gun shop. They will be back when you least expect it.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    The are gnawing their way into the local gun shop. They will be back when you least expect it.

Thanks. I'll have nightmares of that now.

Sounds like the “good ideas that went bad” thread

Attachment 7213

Man. Sounds like my wife. I come here to get away from that abuse!

My battle with critters

http://www.gun-shots.net/wp-content/...6-and-m203.jpg

My battle with critters

Last seen hitch hiking on I65...

Hardware fabric is your friend.