Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Your last "good idea"...that failed....

I've had a bunch of these. Way more than I care to admit, although I have admitted some.

The most recent one is my "standing desk." Actually, the standing desk came out great--it was an IKEA hack, easy enough to build that even I could do it, and it looked terrific. I bought a separate all-in-one computer to use as an extra so the monitor would be big, and just had great illusions that I would use it a ton.

I pulled it off my desk for meetings about two months ago and haven't put it back up. (I have pulled it off my desk and put it back on--it's easy to do--in the past, and often my meetings are in a conference room anyway. But this time, I didn't put it back).

It's not as comfortable standing as it is sitting. Who knew?

Anyway, I'm about ready to call it defeat. I need a computer in another office I sometimes frequent, and I may just take it there instead.

Standing desk experiment -- I get a "D." Not quite failing, but very close.

Re: Your last "good idea"...that failed....

At work I keep my laptop on a rolling cart that's a little over waist high. Voila, mobile computing.

I acquired an older medical rolling cart. Still has the old computer and monitor on it, but it has great surface area (they needed it for charts and such I'm sure), and it fits my laptop great. It's very height adjustable so if I'm in the back working its the right height. I want mine up really high so I don't have to stoop at all.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Rupp's Runt

Just ordered an adjustable desk for someone, curious to see if he really uses it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    Just ordered an adjustable desk for someone, curious to see if he really uses it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Hope they will. There's a guy here around the corner from me who has a laptop on a standing desk thing on his desk and I see him using it maybe once every week or two. But at least he's using it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I acquired an older medical rolling cart. Still has the old computer and monitor on it, but it has great surface area (they needed it for charts and such I'm sure), and it fits my laptop great. It's very height adjustable so if I'm in the back working its the right height. I want mine up really high so I don't have to stoop at all.
    That sounds pretty perfect.

It also didn't really sink in that I didn't really need two separate computers here to do what I do until after I started.

I just bungled my idea up all kind of ways. Only thing I did right was the standing desk build itself, and that was because it was too easy to attach a shelf with brackets as the "keyboard tray" that even I couldn't mess that part up.

It's super sturdy, smooth, and locks in well at any height. Very flexible, I like it. Looks weird, but works. I only need it in the warehouse, so looks don't count.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

my last good idea that went incredibly wrong was to give my credit card company my cell phone and social security numbers
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    my last good idea that went incredibly wrong was to give my credit card company my cell phone and social security numbers
    Ouch.

You "win."

Buying $4.00 worth of mega million tickets.

I get to do it all over again Tuesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire