Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

WOW! Bill Self And Assistant KNEW Of And ASKED For Payment. To DeSousa

Wonder who KU’s new coach will be

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/10/1...urtis-townsend

Darryl

Re: WOW! Bill Self And Assistant KNEW Of And ASKED For Payment. To DeSousa

That's a defense attorney trying to keep his client out of jail. There was no testimony (that I'm aware of) to that effect. Honestly, I'm surprised the judge allowed the attorney to argue that in his closing.

I want KU to go down as much as anyone, but I wouldn't get excited about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    Wonder who KU’s new coach will be

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/10/1...urtis-townsend

Darryl
    It will be fascinating to see how Kansas handles this. Arizona stuck by Miller and let the storm blow over. Will Kansas? I think they will try. But what do you do with De Sousa? If he plays, you are sacrificing your season.
    If he doesn't, you are admitting there is possible guilt.

But the pressure will be enormous.
    ~Puma~

There wasn't any evidence against Miller. Sticking by him was fairly easy.
    My mother used to tell me, "Elwood, in this world, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so nice." For years I was smart. I recommend nice. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd

Its a huge list of kids that Self and Adidas has done this with.

Super Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post
    Thought there was audio of MILLER offering money?

Don't get me wrong, I was skeptical at a couple of the facts in this whole thing as well...but there is a TON of smoke here. And some would call this evidence:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...-investigation
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by snoopcat View Post
    Thought there was audio of MILLER offering money?
    Thats the report.
    ~Puma~

No, there was not. There was a report that there was an audio . . . . but no audio. That's why Miller was so quick and emphatic.
    My mother used to tell me, "Elwood, in this world, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so nice." For years I was smart. I recommend nice. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd

This.

They said, "we have audio."

But no audio surfaced. If it did, different story.

Audio must have been on one of those Cia type swlf-destructing tapes.
    No, there was not. There was a report that there was an audio . . . . but no audio. That's why Miller was so quick and emphatic.

Pitino was always quick and emphatic and guilty as hell. We don't know if there was audio or not (neither do you). But there was certainly a report there was. And that report was very very specific as to what was on there.
    Imo, there is waaaaaay too much smoke here to not have some fire.
    ~Puma~

I'd like to meet a high D1 coach who has risen up in the ranks who doesn't know every detail of everything happening in his program all the time. Pitino was especially a control freak, but it's a personality trait among coaches generally and certainly among coaches at the highest levels.

If they don't know something it's bc they don't want to know it, but their staff knows it for sure and then selects what is told.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Those are good points as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Pitino was always quick and emphatic and guilty as hell. We don't know if there was audio or not (neither do you). But there was certainly a report there was. And that report was very very specific as to what was on there.
    Imo, there is waaaaaay too much smoke here to not have some fire.

call me not shocked at all

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    Those are good points as well.
    Btw, I was on the other side of this for a while. But, just too much has come out about Ayton. And ultimately, I think Arizona stood by him because they would have owed him 10.3 million even if they fired him with cause. Actually, specifically if they fired him with cause. Which is a joke.
    If they fired him without cause, they would have owed him half.
    ~Puma~

Super Kitten

Nothing will happen to Self.

I do agree the big question is will they play Desousa? Cannot see how you could.

My question is what are they paying Azubuike? Or Grimes? or Dotson? What did Seldon cost them?

Im actually sort of sad. De Souza was one of those players I saw early (9th grade) and pegged him as a stud. Wanted UK to recruit him, but like many others I coveted, seems the staff knows better than me
    Last edited by Doc; 10-18-2018 at 10:46 PM.

I think this is unlike the UNC fiasco. If the NCAA doesn’t act it is basically admitting it is complicit to more than a fanbase. This is the fed holding everyone accountable..if not criminally, at least in perception

No umbrella for any entity associated with college basketball to hide under I can see. If you are caught up in it you’ll pay a price imo. Otherwise the NCAA is dead.
    And we know college football won’t allow that to happen
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-19-2018 at 01:24 AM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

They let Duke walk on Maguette. They'll say that Duke didn't know, and give any Duke guy a pass on ignorance. They'll try to give Kansas a pass and will only act if some very serious proof emerges.

But to make themselves look credible, in their minds at least, they'll go whack UL again for their involvment, b/c UL simply lacks the political clout or the market appeal of Duke or Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    They let Duke walk on Maguette. They'll say that Duke didn't know, and give any Duke guy a pass on ignorance. They'll try to give Kansas a pass and will only act if some very serious proof emerges.

But to make themselves look credible, in their minds at least, they'll go whack UL again for their involvment, b/c UL simply lacks the political clout or the market appeal of Duke or Kansas.
    Not much different than the real world. Certain people get a pass while others are held accountable for their actions. Likewise certain schools will be believed based on nothing but their name while others will be "convicted" with anyout evidence
    Last edited by Doc; 10-19-2018 at 08:22 AM.

It's interesting to see this more public.

The most corrupt of all the schools stem from the ACC. UNC-CH, Louisville, Duke. Kansas outside possibly as bad or worse (probably). Arizona stinks.

Basically, all of Kentucky's enemies of State. Funny how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

Pretty much a different universe socially and otherwise from Maggette and now imo. Heck nearly the whole population compared to only the most informed has read or heard the reports on each incident. And there is direct precedent set related to NCAA actions in this case which is an expanding investigation unlike the previous.

But would I be completely shocked if the big boys skated? ..honestly, no
    Last edited by kingcat; 10-19-2018 at 03:03 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not much different than the real world. Certain people get a pass while others are held accountable for their actions. Likewise certain schools will be believed based on nothing but their name while others will be "convicted" with anyout evidence
    Completely true. Pretty obvious when you step back and look at the last several years at all of these levels isn't it?

It's not what you know, it's who you know. Except justice is supposed to be blind in this country, and clearly she's got her fingers on the scales a lot more than we would like to admit.

This is an ESPN headline on Self now. Not sure he survives....

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaCat View Post
    This is an ESPN headline on Self now. Not sure he survives....
    That’s actually the one thing that he has against him...and everyone else that isn’t in the acc is gonna make the front page for anything they do.
    Go Cats!

You do a Google Search for Bill Self, and this is what pops up.

Bill Self.jpg

Contrast that with a Google Search for John Calipari. What a difference.

John Calipari.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

But then he is pictured in the foursome with Mike, Bill, and Roy,. That is cheaters row.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

If Kansas doesn’t self report to the NCAA can they even do anything??

Quote Originally Posted by wes011 View Post
    If Kansas doesn’t self report to the NCAA can they even do anything??
    yes......

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    It's interesting to see this more public.

The most corrupt of all the schools stem from the ACC. UNC-CH, Louisville, Duke. Kansas outside possibly as bad or worse (probably). Arizona stinks.

Basically, all of Kentucky's enemies of State. Funny how that worked out.
    And all of them did it in response to their fear of what Cal was building.