Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The funny part is she thinks this helps her case

So Elizabeth Warren finally took a DNA test, and is now running ads and crowing about her Native heritage/DNA.

Why? B/c she's somewhere between 1/64th and 1/1024th native. Somewhere 6-10 generations back there is some mix there, but it doesn't discern North from South American so it could be someone who is majority white but with some South American blood in there somewhere, mestizo, which seems more likely given the numbers.

Anyway, she thinks this is a vindication, or at least she thinks this is enough to sell a vindication and try to put the question to bed pending her Presidential run.

IMO, this only makes her look more foolish. For anyone to claim they have Native (or any other ancestry) based on being less than 1% relation is absurd on its face. We all have some minor percentage of blood from all over by now, at least most of us.

And this is backed up by a 2011 study of 160,000 people that shows that on average us Euro Americans are like .18% Native blood. She's really only about half of the average of modern white Americans.

When I was a kid it was cool to claim you had Indian blood, don't ask me why but it was. The irony of American culture is that it's always had a certain nostalgia for Native cultures.

Anyway, this to me sounds like when I was 6 years old on the bus and someone arguing their great great great grandpa was a native chief.

She just needs to let it go. In that respect she's as hard headed as Trump. Cut your losses, say that's what you were told as a kid and clearly there was some exaggeration, that it happens in every family, and move on. But like Trump she just can't let go, say she was wrong and own up.

Oh, and I'm glad she's doing this now. Should have waited another week or so before the midterms, but I'll take it.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: The funny part is she thinks this helps her case

1/1024 is 0.09 percentage. Turns out Im more indian than she is. Difference I never claimed to be a minority. Of course the legal standard for minority status is greater than 1/32 and the most acceptable level for tribes is 1/16, including the Cherokee, the one she claimed lineage to (iirc)
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

I imagine most of are more "minority" than she is Doc. On average about half of us should be at least.

To put this in perspective, she was hailed by Harvard as the "First woman of color" on their faculty.

In every way, this woman is the embodiment of "white privilege". She's white, her whole family is massively white apparently going back to the Mayflower (10 generations is a long way). She's a well off white woman from a long line of well off white people, born to it.

The difference is I don't apologize for the fact that my mother worked herself half to death to make a better life for me and provide me with an education and opportunities. I'm proud of it, and of her.

But what Warren did was claim this heritage to help advance her academic career, getting on at Harvard. Obviously by their touting her as a minority that was a factor in her hiring, a feather in her cap you might say, and she knew it which is why she listed herself that way.

This isn't about whether she has some tiny shred of Native DNA, as many if not most white Americans have some, but rather is she a Native American "minority" in any meaningful way. Obviously that's a complete falsehood, but she just can't let it go.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I had to watch Tucker on this, who reminded me of "Pow Wow Chow", a cookbook of Native recipes she contributed to. Her recipe was a crab cake or some such, and come find out the recipe was taken from the New York Times of a recipe by a French chef. She even lied on that one.

I enjoy watching people dig their hole deeper with such fury. The psychology of it is fascinating.

Pow Wow Chow? Am I the only one who sees that as potentially offensive?
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

You just can’t make this stuff up...6D2D137A-468A-4A41-BA30-4B5ECEA02690.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Pow Wow Chow? Am I the only one who sees that as potentially offensive?
    Well lets see what other cookbooks we can come up with

-Crakers for Crackers- features recipes using saltines, grahm crakers and Ritz submitted by caucasian

-The Buckwheat Book- traditional black recipes using buckwheat flour

-Nip Eats-Japanese cooks offer their take on cooking with Nabisco Cheese Nip crackers

All books will be on sale at Sambo's restaurants

This whole Native American heritage got me thinking about my own lineage so I took took a DNA test and discovered I'm also a Native American (0.9785%) so went thru our family archives and found THIS:

A direct descendant of Chief Sitting Bull
    Last edited by Doc; 10-16-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Why is the chief standing? I am hoping that a close relative can answer that age old question.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Rupp's Runt

The funny part is she thinks this helps her case

Pretty sure I can test 1/16. Maybe higher. But I have never considered myself to be Native American or European or Russian or Antarctician etc...

I only consider myself to be Tony, a Christian, father, husband, brother, son, and an American.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWildcat View Post
    I only consider myself to be Tony, a Christian, father, husband, brother, son, and an American.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Oh, you have no chance of being the Democratic nominee with that kind of attitude.

that's what this is about, as we all know. Fauxahontas wants the Dem nomination, but she's up against Booker and Kamala Harris, who are both minorities/mixed race. Biden is the only other leading candidate right now that's white and rich like Warren.

She's hoping to get on a more level field with Harris and Booker and to be able shed the fact that she's white as I am, and was born with all that nasty privilege.

The problem is that it worked when she was going to college an applying for professorships, but the average American isn't as gullible as an Ivy League hiring committee.

Political correctness gone awry.....Lindsey Graham makes a joke about her ancestory by claiming he may be part Iranian, and that would be terrible. Found to be offensive to Iranians so he apologizes. Screw the Iranians who were offended! They offended me back in 1979 when they held our hostages, and they offended me when they extorted all that money from Obama, and they offend me every time I see one of them burning a US flag while chanting "death to America, death to the great satan". We are really worried about offending Iranians? Give me a break

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gra...cestry-comment

Fab Five

She is the dumbest white woman in America!
    Real Fan since 1958

I have a photo of a guy with a fiddle from the 19th century, a distant uncle, Mallory Barnett (Barn-It). Note on the back explains that he was killed in a logging accident in the 1880s.

My question to Elizabeth Warren is, which does that make me, a logger, or a musician?
    Last edited by bigsky; 10-17-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    She is the dumbest white woman in America!
    When she runs in 2020 for Prez, I'm betting she picks Maxine Waters for VP, that way if anything happens to Warren there won't be any change in the stupidity level.

My son wanted to check "Hispanic" when applying to colleges since he (and my daughter) were born in Puerto Rico when I was in the Navy. I told him he's no less a white boy just because he happened to be born in a Naval Hospital someplace else.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    My son wanted to check "Hispanic" when applying to colleges since he (and my daughter) were born in Puerto Rico when I was in the Navy. I told him he's no less a white boy just because he happened to be born in a Naval Hospital someplace else.
    Should have let him do it, could have gotten into anywhere he wanted.

I'm eating this lawsuit with Harvard up. I like exposing the reverse discrimination, esp. since in this case it predominantly impacts a minority group that happens to be Asian.