Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

CI Insider David Sisk With Some Interesting Percentages Regarding UK Big Men Targets

Most think we are out for Stewart (must have been a really bad visit) and Tshiebwe. David was answering some questions about Carey's visit and he has UK at about 25% chance with MSU and Duke slightly ahead.

Wiseman: Memphis 45%, UK 35% and Vandy and Kansas 10% each.

Again, I posted the other day it is POSSIBLE we lose out on every big man target this year.

On the positive side, David talked with several NBA scouts (including Givoney) and Sisk wrote that UK may lose far fewer players on this team than is the norm. He thinks we may return all the guards save 1 and 2 bigs in Richards and EJ Montgomery. I am skeptical but hope he is correct.

Darryl

Re: CI Insider David Sisk With Some Interesting Percentages Regarding UK Big Men Targ

Unless the NBA guys do not consider Washington as a big because I doubt he returns, then that still leaves UK with no big without an addition.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Re: CI Insider David Sisk With Some Interesting Percentages Regarding UK Big Men Targ

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Unless the NBA guys do not consider Washington as a big because I doubt he returns, then that still leaves UK with no big without an addition.
    Not if Sisk is correct in Richards and Montgomery returning. Could also play 6-7 Whitney as a 4.

Darryl

Sorry Darryl, I completely misread the OP.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Sorry Darryl, I completely misread the OP.
    No problem; I blame things like this on "senior moments"

Darryl

If Sisk thinks we have bigs returning I have to question his sources.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It does seem strange. Sisk has been really good (so far) but his writings were based off conversations with 2-3 NBA Scouts (including Givoney). We know Travis is gone as well as PJ. Richards is not the youngest sophomore so he may be ready to leave. I GUESS EJ could return, but Cal thinks he may be UK's most talented big man.

Darryl

I could see E.J. returning. I'm not really convinced he's ready for the SEC grind that he will have to face, much less the NBA. He don't look like he would have the strength he needs to compete in the NBA.

Seems more likely than ever and Cals trips to OR and Im here for the long run seem last ditch strategies

I don't buy those percentages. Less than 1% chance Wiseman goes anywhere other than UK or Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by DanISSELisdaman View Post
    I could see E.J. returning. I'm not really convinced he's ready for the SEC grind that he will have to face, much less the NBA. He don't look like he would have the strength he needs to compete in the NBA.
    Based off what?

Let's say that you're right that he doesn't have the strength to face the grind of the NBA. It doesn't matter. They don't draft based on how you'll help the team on Day 1, especially where Montgomery would land.

It can be a fair statement to say "I'm not really convinced" to make a reasonable assessment on his capabilities, but that's not how the system works. Not to mention, he could step right in and be a stud. We don't know, we haven't seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
    Based off what?

Let's say that you're right that he doesn't have the strength to face the grind of the NBA. It doesn't matter. They don't draft based on how you'll help the team on Day 1, especially where Montgomery would land.

It can be a fair statement to say "I'm not really convinced" to make a reasonable assessment on his capabilities, but that's not how the system works. Not to mention, he could step right in and be a stud. We don't know, we haven't seen him play.
    I'm not trying to convince anyone else, I'm just saying I'm not convinced! He may very well convince me before this season is over and he may struggle. We've had guys before that some of us thought would be one and done, or maybe even stars (Gabriel for example) and they didn't meet expectations. We'll just have to wait and see!