Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: Personal Story...Fishing

Not much of a story.
    But I grew up fishing in Kentucky and Tennessee as a youngster. But haven't fished for years. I know some of you are avid fisherman and love it. I just haven't gone. And the lake fishing in Southern California (where I have been for 20 years) is pretty bad.
    However, our deep sea and off shore fishing is fantastic off the coast.

Anyways, my boys have never had that same experience I did as a child. And yesterday, I took them out for the first time. We were on a private charter through a fundraiser we were a part of. Only 17 of us on a boat suited for many more. We left at 5:30am and returned after dark.
    And I just can't tell you how amazing it was seeing their faces all day. It was in their blood and they just didn't know it. These two surfers kicked ass fishing.
    For over 12 hours, they worked their tails off. We caught over 30 fish between the 3 of us. And none smaller than 15 pounds. All of them were Skipjack Tuna and Yellowfin tuna.
    My highlight was watching them work together to reel in a 30 pound Yellowfin. One held the pole while the other churned (which was made even harder by the fact that he is left handed and its a right-handed pole). But one of the other guys on the boat came running up to me and told me I had to come see it. I caught that one on video (took a screen shot below).
    Anyways, just thought I would share since some of you love fishing so much. It was a memorable day I won't soon forget.
    Here are a couple of pics from it:

image1.jpg

image1-2.jpg
    ~Puma~

Re: OT: Personal Story...Fishing

great pictures

Very cool!

This is awesome! Great shots!

Very cool. Thank you for sharing the story and pics!

Awesome!

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

One and Done

Very cool! It is obvious by the looks on their faces that they had a ball.

That’s some Dad time they will always remember.

Congrats on the wonderful day on the water. When I was a pup, my Dad took me fishing quite often, but our time was spent fishing small lakes, ponds, creeks and small rivers from the bank or wading in shallow waters. Even though those trips were about 50 years ago, I still have lots of good memories to look back on.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

OT: Personal Story...Fishing

Great story and pics. Thank you for sharing.

Like you, I love fishing and I usually go off the coast on a passenger fishing boat with my friends. Now I got a little girl and all my time off work is basically devoted to her. So I could only manage to go once a year. I am dreaming one day I take her to fishing offshore so that she gets to like it and go with me more in the future. That would be my little dream coming true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing like spending the day making memories with your kids.

Unforgettable

wow! What a catch! The only thing better than fishing is going fishing with kids.
    Real Fan since 1958

As a kid, one summer we went to Panama City Beach...before it blew up. We did a deep sea charter. My sister, with the aid of a deck hand (he caught it and gave her the rod and reel) hauled up a 50 plus lb grouper. Years later we were driving thru PCB and low and behold there was a billboard welcoming you to PCB and on it was my sister with her fish. They had taken a photo and later used it by the tourism board.

As an aside, it was a crazy trip. I recall there was one guy who had an artificial leg. He took it off and was sitting on a deck seat and I asked is we could use the leg as shark bait. My mom didnt laugh!

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    As a kid, one summer we went to Panama City Beach...before it blew up. We did a deep sea charter. My sister, with the aid of a deck hand (he caught it and gave her the rod and reel) hauled up a 50 plus lb grouper. Years later we were driving thru PCB and low and behold there was a billboard welcoming you to PCB and on it was my sister with her fish. They had taken a photo and later used it by the tourism board.

As an aside, it was a crazy trip. I recall there was one guy who had an artificial leg. He took it off and was sitting on a deck seat and I asked is we could use the leg as shark bait. My mom didnt laugh!
    Haha. Thats amazing.