Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

In this bye week...give me your best guess at Kentucky's chances of winning each game

The remaining schedule....

vs. Vanderbilt 10/20
    @ Missouri 10/27
    vs. Georgia 11/3
    @ Tennessee 11/10

vs. Middle Tennessee 11/17
    @ Louisville 11/24

Here's my moderately reasonable guess at Kentucky's chances at winning each remaining game:

80% -- vs. Vanderbilt 10/20
    50% -- @ Missouri 10/27
    15% -- vs. Georgia 11/3
    55% -- @ Tennessee 11/10

95% -- vs. Middle Tennessee 11/17
    85% -- @ Louisville 11/24

That's without thinking too hard. If that's right, the final regular season outcome for Kentucky would be:

9-3 (5-3).

I'm hoping for one better than that. Heck, I'm hoping for TWO better than that, but I'd love one.

Re: In this bye week...give me your best guess at Kentucky's chances of winning each

Vandy - 75%
    Missouri - 35%
    Georgia - 5%
    Tennessee - 45%
    Middle Tennessee - 99%
    Louisville - 50%

Re: In this bye week...give me your best guess at Kentucky's chances of winning each

Vandy - 85%
    Mizzou - 60%
    UGA - 10-15%
    UT - 65%
    MTSU - 95% (But I absolutely loathe this game. They chop block every play, and I’ll spend the whole game worrying about an injury or fight that will cost us a player)
    UofL - 75%

Vandy 85%
    @ Missouri 40%
    Georgia 20%
    @ Tennessee 75%
    Middle Tn. 95%
    @ Louisville 90%
    Don't panic

With what we know about the last 6 teams, not finishing 9-3 would be disappointing. I think we go 10-2 IF Terry gets back on his improvement train he was trending to after Florida game...

Ok, here is my take

vs. Vanderbilt 10/20 (75%)

Vandy worries me. Being at home is HUGE here this year. We traditionally do not come off a bye week firing on all cylinders. The difference this year is we have a legit Defense and hopefully the OL had a week to get healthy. I will say cats win 20-10

@ Missouri 10/27 (60%)

Road Game. SEC. Missouri is underrated. But I think the Cats win this. They are not asleep and fire from the get go. Cats win 24-17 with Benny going for 170 yard rushing.

vs. Georgia 11/3 (50%)

UGA at home. Are we legit SEC. Guys, even in our down years we played UGA close and even got some W's despite the talent difference. I hope it is a freezing November Night. I want UGA to be COLD. I think they have 1 loss coming in (LSU) and that means this is a SEC East possible title on the line. I like my CATS. 28-24

@ Tennessee 11/10 (70%)

And finally, the UGLY ORANGE at Neyland. This will be tough. They will be playing to deny us. Nothing else. We will be coming down from a HUGE W. To say TRAP game would be an understatement. And we do to them what they have done to us way too many times. We stomp on thier parade and squash them 31-17.

vs. Middle Tennessee 11/17 (99%)

We win. Hopefully in 2nd half we rest some folks and from injury . 31-10

@ Louisville 11/24 (65%)

Ok, The game after Thanksgiving. The Blood Fued. UL is bad, but we have beaten them when we were bad. Records do not matter. Physicality does matter. They will play dirty. I think they try to injure some of our players. But in the end, we beat them into submission 24-17
    Last edited by VirginiaCat; 10-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Vandy - 90%
    Missouri - 40%
    Georgia - 25%
    Tennessee - 70%
    Middle Tennessee - 99%
    Louisville - 85%

That gets us to 9 wins, 1 better than my realistic prediction for the season, but right in line with my "if all goes right" prediction. 2 big things that could derail us from getting there, TW's stalled progress and key injuries, which are two VERY legitimate concerns, although the latter we have mitigated by unprecedented depth.

Unforgettable

Vandy 65%
    Mizzou 50%
    JoJa 40%
    Tennessee 55%
    MTSU 75%
    Looeyville 70%
    Real Fan since 1958

11-1

Quote Originally Posted by ETWNAPPEL View Post
    11-1
    What do you know, you predicted 12-0!

Itís so hard to know without knowing what offense (or QB really) shows up. I really think the bye came at a perfect time for Terry. Hopefully lots of film study and reps. With that said, Iíll give it a shot:

Vandy - 80%
    Missouri - 40%
    Georgia - 10%
    Tennessee - 50%
    Middle Tennessee - 99%
    Louisville - 70%

9-3. Outback Bowl

Averaged out Darrell:
    Vandy 79%
    Missouri 47%
    Georgia 22%
    Tennessee 61%
    MTSU 95%
    Looeyville 74%

That works out to 3.78-2.22, or hopefully 9-3. Now let’s do Georgia’s remaining schedule
    Don't panic

Georgia comes into our game after playing at LSU and on neutral site vs Fla. Frankly hard to envision scheduling more favorable for us

Unforgettable

Vandy - 65%; I think Vandy is better than normal. But we are at home, it's homecoming, we are coming off a bye. I think we win.

Missouri - 35%; It's hard to win on the road in the SEC.

UGA - 5%; UGA is good. We are good, too, but not that good.

TN - 65%; this would be higher but we will be going on the road and will be coming off what I believe might be a bad loss to UGA. I want to believe this UK team is different but until they prove it to me, I will question it.

MTSU - 95%; like us playing UGA.

U6 - 70%; they are awful and the only reason it's not higher is that it's a rivalry game. Two years ago we had no chance against them but won. This year it will be reversed.

I say we end up 9-3 but 8-4 and 10-2 are on the table. Any of those make this something between one of the best seasons in UK history and the best season in UK history.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignoranceóit is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    What do you know, you predicted 12-0!
    So far he's closer than most.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Going to come down to the offense and QB, and what we can do to make it work.

If we get something figured out, either with some short passes or some kind of run attack that keeps offenses more honest, we could be special. If not we'll survive, maybe end at 8-9 wins, and at least be solid.

But if we figure it out we are playing for the SEC East when Georgia comes to town, at home. Win the next two, and do so while putting a SEC contending offense on the field, and that becomes the biggest home game for UK home game ever. Maybe there was a big one before Sputnik, but a win there, and winning the SEC East, vaults us into a whole other plane as a program.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

In this bye week...give me your best guess at Kentucky's chances of winning each game

Well, having two weeks to rethink offense and work on things theoretically give us a great chance to do that. Hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    Going to come down to the offense and QB, and what we can do to make it work.

If we get something figured out, either with some short passes or some kind of run attack that keeps offenses more honest, we could be special. If not we'll survive, maybe end at 8-9 wins, and at least be solid.

But if we figure it out we are playing for the SEC East when Georgia comes to town, at home. Win the next two, and do so while putting a SEC contending offense on the field, and that becomes the biggest home game for UK home game ever. Maybe there was a big one before Sputnik, but a win there, and winning the SEC East, vaults us into a whole other plane as a program.