Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

The interesting part of political machinations

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gra...icial-nominees

This is non-partisan, as both parties use Senate and other rules to their own advantage.

But McConnell and Grassley are pushing a number of judicial appointments through before session ends, putting some vulnerable democrats in tough Senate races in a tough situation.

As it looks like the GOP may even make gains in the Senate this election, they are holding these votes b/c it forces Senators to either stay in Washington for the vote, taking them off the campaign trail, or they go campaigning and they can't vote against judicial appointments so they get through easier.

It's an interesting ploy. Not putting a value judgement on it, I just find the chess game aspect of politics interesting. Not so much the "say this b/c it sounds good even though it's a half truth or bald faced lie" part, that's obvious and predictable and even insulting, but these behind the scenes moves are interesting IMO.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Re: The interesting part of political machinations

I see it as a deserved consequence of the Dems dragging out and hindering the confirmation process.

Yes, I think this stuff is fascinating as well. I highly doubt those Dems (or Republicans) will stay off the trail.
    ~Puma~

Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
    Yes, I think this stuff is fascinating as well. I highly doubt those Dems (or Republicans) will stay off the trail.
    They'd be foolish to stay in DC. The nominees will eventually go through unless the Dems retake the Senate, which seems increasingly unlikely, and if they stay on that offf chance it only improves odds they don't retake it, making the fight pointless in the end.

But it's an interesting ploy.

I wonder if these new 9th Circuit nominees will also be pushed through as part of this ploy. Reported today Trump has finally junked the "blue slip" nonsense (which was always nonsense IMO) on Californian nominees.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.