Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: We want Bama

We want Bama

@BruceFeldmanCFB:

Not sure anyone is up to that in the SEC this year but... Bama only ranks No. 10 in the SEC in run defense this season. (Alabama has ranked No. 1 in the conference in each of the past nine seasons.)

Re: We want Bama

I wanted to get T shirts made that said:

WE WANT BAMA!*

*Because it means we're in the SEC Championship Game

I don't care if we got beat by 100, if we were in the SEC title game vs Bama, it would be a terrific season.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    I don't care if we got beat by 100, if we were in the SEC title game vs Bama, it would be a terrific season.

I transferred to UK in the fall of '95. All I've ever wanted is to play in the SECCG once. Obviously I'd want to win and/or play well, but the excitement of that 2 weeks once we knew we had it locked up and being part of the show that weekend would be incredible.

I agree with you Darrell, besides this is last year I can claim predicting a title game

Would be an absolute blast, even if we lost 56-10, which we probably would.

The whole "We want Bama" talk reminds of 1984. As UK rolled out to a 4-0 start, a routinely drunk fan in our endzone section led us every week in a "We want Auburn" chant. We played them in game 5, I think Bo Jackson ripped off 2 70 yard runs, and rested the rest of the game as they were ahead like 28-0 after the 1Q. Then we all chanted "Auburn go home" over and over. Was 10 at the time, still remember it to this day. Had a good time and a fun memory. We should do the Bama chant in Cardinal Stadium this year after we flood their stadium with our fans.

We want Bama

Man, I hope it hits. But if we an eyelash away, play Georgia tough, I think you still deserve credit. This year's team is legitimate, and that's really what you were saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    I agree with you Darrell, besides this is last year I can claim predicting a title game

That would be close to heaven for me.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
    That would be close to heaven for me.
    I get chills thinking about the possibility of being 7-1 and playing UGA with the East on the line.

I can’t even imagine how excited I’d be if we actually won the East and were playing in the SECCG.

I usually chuckle when I read how early stadiums open for games. Not for that one. I’d be in there for EVERYTHING.

We want Bama

Where is the SECCG game this year? Catlanta??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I think this definitely falls into the 'Be Careful What You Wish For' category.
    My mother used to tell me, "Elwood, in this world, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so nice." For years I was smart. I recommend nice. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post
    I think this definitely falls into the 'Be Careful What You Wish For' category.
    You're kidding, right?

Two teams have never made the SEC championship game. One of them is Vanderbilt. Three guesses who the other team is, and the first two guesses don't count.

There is no conceivable way that playing Alabama this year could be bad for Kentucky. None. (And that's the only way Kentucky plays Bama.)

Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
    Where is the SECCG game this year? Catlanta??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Held in Atlanta every year since 1994.

Please let it happen

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

If we win the east, we have no choice..
    And that’s ok..

That is one butt whipping we UK fans should be dreaming for.
    Missouri going back to back has always given me hope.

I want a sex crazed supermodel girlfriend and a pile of money. Bama is much farther down that list.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    I want a sex crazed supermodel girlfriend . . .
    That's another be-careful-what-you-wish-for. . . .
    My mother used to tell me, "Elwood, in this world, you must be oh, so smart or oh, so nice." For years I was smart. I recommend nice. You may quote me. - Elwood P. Dowd

You're kidding, right?

Two teams have never made the SEC championship game. One of them is Vanderbilt. Three guesses who the other team is, and the first two guesses don't count.

There is no conceivable way that playing Alabama this year could be bad for Kentucky. None. (And that's the only way Kentucky plays Bama.)

Held in Atlanta every year since 1994.
    And Ole Miss & Texas A&M.
    Don't panic

We want Bama

Sorry, I meant SEC East.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    And Ole Miss & Texas A&M.

Fiddlin' Five

Should we get there, then our intention should be to BEAT ALABAMA, not just be happy that we're there, or that we're there to take an obligatory beating.
    If we're going there to play the game, then we want to WIN THE GAME!
    He who dares wins!

Fiddlin' Five

And even though we've not been there before, you act like you've been there before.

Unforgettable

Oh, we absolutely want Bama in the SEC title game. Actually, what we really want is Arkansas in the SEC title game, but simply to be there would be wonderful no matter who we were playing.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Genuine Realist View Post
    That's another be-careful-what-you-wish-for. . . .
    I'll suffer through...

But I get your point. lol
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon