Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

With Today's Emphasis On Shooting/Spreading Court; May Be Better We Land 1 Post Guy

ONE of Stewart, Tshiebwe, Carey or Wiseman and then add a McDaniels or a Mathew Hurt. Evan now thinks we are practically out for Stewart and others feel Oscar T is West Virginia bound. There are some who think we are much stronger with Kaden McDaniels than originally suspected. His motor is lacking but talent wise he is off the chart. Cal would be ideal for him. Evan says he still has no reason to switch his Wiseman to UK pick. He also says Stewart may end up at Washington (as does Brian Snow IIRC)

Who knows, our bigs may end Wiseman or Carey, McDaniels, a 2020 reclass (N'Faly Dante) and a grad transfer.

Darryl

Re: With Today's Emphasis On Shooting/Spreading Court; May Be Better We Land 1 Post G

SHOOTERS!!!

Unforgettable

Re: With Today's Emphasis On Shooting/Spreading Court; May Be Better We Land 1 Post G

YAAAAYYY!!!! Darryl is coming over to my way of thinking!!!!

But I absolutely agree. Of course, I don't care if we have any post guys because no one else has any either. The game is on the perimeter. It is a guard/wing game. We are likely to never again see something like we saw in the second half of the Notre Dame game in 2015 where the focus is posting someone up on the low block and having them carry a team.

I know that someone is going to say, "but isn't what you are describing basically what Duke has been doing for a decade." Sort of. The difference is that I have more confidence that Cal can put players in a system that will allow them to maximize their talent than K. K still has too much Bobby Knight DNA in him.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignoranceóit is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
    ONE of Stewart, Tshiebwe, Carey or Wiseman and then add a McDaniels or a Mathew Hurt. Evan now thinks we are practically out for Stewart and others feel Oscar T is West Virginia bound. There are some who think we are much stronger with Kaden McDaniels than originally suspected. His motor is lacking but talent wise he is off the chart. Cal would be ideal for him. Evan says he still has no reason to switch his Wiseman to UK pick. He also says Stewart may end up at Washington (as does Brian Snow IIRC)

Who knows, our bigs may end Wiseman or Carey, McDaniels, a 2020 reclass (N'Faly Dante) and a grad transfer.

Darryl
    Who is Kaden McDaniels?

Birmingham, Ala by Way of Hazard, Kentucky

My bad; Jaden McDaniels

Darryl

Iíd rather play a Hurt or McDaniels at the four and have a traditional big down low.

Still need at least three guys on the roster in the 6'8" to 7'0" and 220 to 250 pound range to play defense the way Cal wants it played and to rebound.

I'm with you. I think Carey and Wiseman are versatile enough that they could play together with one at the PF but in general I'd like 2 of McDaniels, Hurt, CJ Walker, and/or Keion Brooks as guys who could play some 4.

2 of Wiseman, Carey, and/or N'faly Dante (potential reclass) would be nice.

I include Dante b/c many seem to think UK already has things in motion to get him to reclassify but Evan already has a pick in for him to LSU. Hard to be confident UK will turn that around but whatever.
    Last edited by patrick54; 10-11-2018 at 11:04 AM.

With Today's Emphasis On Shooting/Spreading Court; May Be Better We Land 1 Post Guy

3 shooters on the floor
    1 post player with good touch
    1 post to do the dirty work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk