Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Future trips

Future trips

What are some future trips you are planning or wanting to experience.

A couple I am planning are going to New York to see a Broadway plan(Christmas present for the fiancé)

Taking a Viking river cruise, not sure which one but this will be during next summer possibly a honey moon trip.

Others I would like to take
    Trip to San Francisco
    Egypt
    African Safari
    The grand canyon-have always wanted to go rafting down the Colorado
    Dude ranch might be fun
    The Calgary stampede

These are just a few of my future trips I hope.

List yours.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

Re: Future trips

I hope to take one of the European river cruises some day. Just today though I booked my flight to Edinburgh Scotland—not going until next April but it was $600 round trip and too good to wait on. Going with one of my brothers and his wife and three of my sisters. I was hesitant to go because my wife and son can’t be out of school for eight days at that time of year but Mrs. Catfan said I should go. Love that woman!

We plan to just ramble, seeing just about everything there is to see in Scotland, including the Carmichael ancestral home. The weather should be similar to Kentucky in March. Can’t wait!
    changing my signature to change our luck.

Future trips

No trips planned for the immediate future. I do want to comment on the above about both Viking cruise, and European river cruises.

My boss just got back from an eight day cruise up the Danube, to the Czech Republic, including Prague, Bulgaria, and on into Austria. He absolutely loved it, the cruise was well planned out and was very nice. He said Prague was his highlight of the trip and he’d like to go back and spend more time there. Place is just seething with history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Rupp's Runt

Future trips

I typed a reply at work...guess I didn't post it. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We did an 8 day Rhine cruise (Amsterdam to Basel, Switzerland) on Avalon last summer & it was a great vacation. I highly recommend river cruising if you get a chance to do one.

We're thinking about another trip to Europe next year. We were going to London in May but events intervened. We're thinking about another attempt but Mrs. BEvans wants to do either another river cruise or a tour. My recovery is going well but she feels more comfortable with a group if we need help for some reason. We're looking at a Danube cruise or a couple of Rick Steves tours: France (Paris/Brittany/Normandy) or Italy (Rome/Tuscany/Cinque Terre/Florence).

Hoping to go to hell in a bucket. The destination isn't highly rated, but the ride there is said to be enjoyable.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Have no plans (or even hopes, LOL) but I have not been to the northeast US, so Boston or Philadelphia might be nice as they have some good historical sites, plus there are several Civil War Battlefields/sites I’d like to see, especially Shiloh, Chickamauga and some of the sites around Richmond and throughout Virginia.

I did go to Gettysburg and Antietam in the early 90s, but now that I know my great-great grandfather was at both, I’d like to go back.

I was in Washington D.C. once, but our van got broken into. I kind of want to go back to see some of the history, but part of me wants to avoid that place too.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    What are some future trips you are planning or wanting to experience.

A couple I am planning are going to New York to see a Broadway plan(Christmas present for the fiancé)

Taking a Viking river cruise, not sure which one but this will be during next summer possibly a honey moon trip.

Others I would like to take
    Trip to San Francisco
    Egypt
    African Safari
    The grand canyon-have always wanted to go rafting down the Colorado
    Dude ranch might be fun
    The Calgary stampede

These are just a few of my future trips I hope.

List yours.
    We did that 3 years ago. Are some things you need to do to make it more enjoyable. The most important thing is do a tour rather than go solo and book your stuff. The tour guides can find the animals that you would never see. Plus, if you try to DYI, you have no idea what you will get and odds are it won't be satisfactory. We did our thru Advantage International, went to Kenya and Tanzania. I would not do it any other way. We always stayed in excellent camps and food was safe to eat, etc..... If you don't know what you are doing, you are screwed. South Africa is a bit different, so I've heard. Is far more developed so hotels, food, etc have a much better standard.

Have done the Colorado River as well. Didn't do the overnight one as physically I'm not sure my wife would enjoy or I'd survive. It is a real cool trip though.

As for Egypt, I would be learly. Most people I know who went there recently did not feel safe. I've been to some middle East countries and understand what they mean.

We were just gifted a considerable vacation fund which must be used for that purpose so we are currently weighing our options. Most likely is 2 weeks down under--a week in Australia and a week in New Zealand. The other consideration is a Scotland/Ireland trip as that is where my wife's family is from. However the second one is likely one that is more something we can do with our regular trip fund.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-10-2018 at 11:38 AM.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Rupp's Runt

No clue where my post went.

Feb - Disney/Beach. Not sure if we will stay at a beach or Orlando and drive to a beach. If a beach, probably north of Daytona. If we stay in Orlando, we may drive over to Cocoa Beach and cross that off the bucket list.

June - Probably the panhandle with the in-laws. Fort Walton? I think it is. Can't remember, they went back and forth a lot. I just gave up and said whatever.

Next fall. If we start my daughter in kindergarten, we might do Cape Cod, Chicago, or some other area we have not been to yet that is not a fall break destination. If we don't send her, we will probably do a busier beach area but do it out of the busy season. Really need to check off some of Florida south of Daytona.