Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Cleveland.com editor about "The Athletic" poaching one of his writers

Unforgettable

Re: Cleveland.com editor about "The Athletic" poaching one of his writers

Sounds like a bit of desperation on the part of "Chris", too. I have no idea about whether The Athletic has a sound business model, and/or the extent to which they are poaching writers in part by giving them only a couple of days to accept, but for some reason people are accepting those offers. And speaking of "a lot of veteran sports writers will be out of jobs" what about what happened at ESPN and elsewhere? I'm sure "Chris" will be happy to hire them so they won't go hungry since he seems so concerned about their well being. Well, at least until his boss tells him either he or four sportswriters have to go.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignoranceóit is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

Unforgettable

It is a shame. Newspapers and refional websites offer such a bright future to their writers. Journalists have been treated so well by newspapers in the last decade. (DWS)
    Real Fan since 1958

Yes! Newspapers are here to stay! Why would any sportswriter ever want to look anywhere else for job security?

Sounds like some serious sour grapes to me. Maybe Chris dragged his feet and didnít decide to take the offer until the third day. Two days should be plenty anyway. Anyone that canít decide within 48 hours Iím probably deciding I donít need as much as I thought I did.
    Don't panic

Unforgettable

Sour grapes for sure!
    Real Fan since 1958