Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Times have changed

From my high school junior Yearbook.

Re: Times have changed

I was in high school from August ‘78- May ‘82 and our high school had a “smoke break” every afternoon.

My school had a smoking area outside the side door of the high school. Wasn't comfortable, had a can nailed to a post for butts iirc, but you could go smoke. Had to be 16 iirc but I didn't smoke so not sure on that one.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

71 through 74 we had mandatory smoking. You had to claim to smoke something or you weren't trustworthy.

We also did transcendental meditation in Social studies class when I was a frosh. If you stared at the ceiling long enough and appeared at all enlightened you passed that class. The teacher wore a mini skirt and walked up and down around us students. I found the inner me was interested in the same thing as the outer me, so it was enlightening I guess

They also built wooden pipes in shop class that worked like a charm.

I wore heel and toe taps back then. I was a very loud walker...and a very good clacker

I also had those big wide bell bottoms and some days I would go barefoot just for the heck of it.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-23-2018 at 11:21 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Fab Five

We were "smokin' in the Boys Room".
    Real Fan since 1958

My HS had a smoking / drug dealing courtyard. Of course when you go to school in the projects, that is sort of expected. Keep in mind, my HS was surrounded by a chain link fence topped with razor wire, the doors were chained at 8:00 to keep people from coming in, and the halls routinely reeked of pot. Never forget the day a car battery came thru the window during home room because the narc's were filming drug transactions thru the window.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    My HS had a smoking / drug dealing courtyard. Of course when you go to school in the projects, that is sort of expected. Keep in mind, my HS was surrounded by a chain link fence topped with razor wire, the doors were chained at 8:00 to keep people from coming in, and the halls routinely reeked of pot. Never forget the day a car battery came thru the window during home room because the narc's were filming drug transactions thru the window.
    What high school was that?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post

Fab Five

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Central High School. 12 and Chestnut, Louisville.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Central High School. 12 and Chestnut, Louisville.
    Yep...Central courtesy of "busing" Was there from 1978 to 1981. Freahman year at Eastern, then sent to the hood for soph, jr and sr years
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.