Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we good?

Re: Are we good?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    @NotJerryTipton: In terms of getting into the college football playoff, Kentucky controls its own destiny.
    I'm just focusing on competing for the SEC east. That will take care of everything else. We wont' get picked into the playoffs unless we win the East and then beat Bama, lol. Even then they may just forfeit the whole thing for the year.
    Saigon. .... I'm still only in Saigon

The difference is that in football, a couple of great games can rocket you into football orbit, and yet one bad game can bring you right back down.
    Even for the upper echelon of programs one bad game anywhere on your schedule can be the difference in being a contender or an also ran.

We have a chance to be a very good, or even great team..if we keep on winning and improving. And we also have a chance to falter and struggle to finish strong.
    Only working hard throughout the season can yield the final result.

This team has earned respect. Now how we respond to that respect becomes the issue.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

Are we good?

One game at a time. South Carolina will be tougher than most think. Seriously.

I agree Darrell. They do have talent and motivation since we’ve beaten them 4? years in a row. Also, how does this UK team respond to success. Do they think they’ve arrived? Or does it make them hungry for more? Based on program history you’d pick the former, but given the atmosphere and challenges this team has/is facing Schlarman/Pascal health. The youngster who passed away this week. I think they’re gonna be the latter. I think/hope these situations galvanize this team even more. We shall see. One at a time.

Well we are ranked now lets see how we handle it.
    17. Kentucky (NR): Undefeated and 2-0 in SEC play for the first time in decades, Kentucky is set to make its first showing in the AP Top 25 poll since 2007.

Our DL and OL dominated them in the trenches and it wasn't even close. That is huge in football because it starts there.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

I think the over/under of 4.5 wins was off.

You can get bitter or you can get better....I choose better

We should be 15th or 16th in the polls this week.
    Don't panic

They beat UF, ending he 3,000 game losing streak, and though they were not perfect against Murray State, they did not pull a Virginia Tech either. They seemed to handle that success fairly well, so that may be a good sign

Quote Originally Posted by UKRxman93 View Post
    I agree Darrell. They do have talent and motivation since we’ve beaten them 4? years in a row. Also, how does this UK team respond to success. Do they think they’ve arrived? Or does it make them hungry for more? Based on program history you’d pick the former, but given the atmosphere and challenges this team has/is facing Schlarman/Pascal health. The youngster who passed away this week. I think they’re gonna be the latter. I think/hope these situations galvanize this team even more. We shall see. One at a time.

One game at a time. South Carolina will be tougher than most think. Seriously.
    I agree. This team has already shown me so much, and I’m thrilled with where we are.

If we come out and take care of business next week, it will show me even more. We’re better than SC, but that is a classic let down game. I’ve seen really good teams lose in similar spots, so if we win next week, it’ll be a REALLY good sign in a season where we’ve already seen several.

Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
    I agree. This team has already shown me so much, and I’m thrilled with where we are.

If we come out and take care of business next week, it will show me even more. We’re better than SC, but that is a classic let down game. I’ve seen really good teams lose in similar spots, so if we win next week, it’ll be a REALLY good sign in a season where we’ve already seen several.
    Everybody loves to pick on South Carolina, but the truth is, they just whipped a Vanderbilt team that was an eyelash from beating Notre Dame. This game scares me as much as any game left on the schedule (MAYBE except for Georgia.)

UK 31-14
    Don't panic

That and we have a streak against them they’d like to break too.
    Everybody loves to pick on South Carolina, but the truth is, they just whipped a Vanderbilt team that was an eyelash from beating Notre Dame. This game scares me as much as any game left on the schedule (MAYBE except for Georgia.)

I don't think that South Carolina is anywhere near as physically talented or as physically tough as either UF or MSU and that plays very well into what UK is. UK is elite at a few basic, simple things: running the ball and not allowing explosive plays on defense.

Our defense is 7th in the country in scoring mostly because opponents don't get many long plays at all, get behind the sticks and eventually screw up and have to punt. We don't get a ton of negative yardage plays defensively. We just stay in front of you and make you earn it. I'm not convinced that South Carolina can sustain drives against UK.

I am convinced that UK will be able to sustain some long drives against South Carolina though, especially as the game goes on and their smallish defense begins to wear out.

As long as UK doesn't go into really negative turnover territory or gets out of character and gets burned on big plays I see no reason why the Cats shouldn't beat USCjr.

I dont see the UK defense doing anything other than improving. Heck it appears to me they are defending at a Bama level currently. State's offense was reeling in the fourth quarter from the swarming and superior UK defense.
    Superior to both the State offense and defense. And many of those are future NFL players.

UK and Miss St are basically the same teams as last season (except we have a first year qb) and we turned the result around over fifty points last night and dominated a great team.

Florida is better than SC. And many pundits considered/consider State to be as good as Georgia and the main challenger to Bama in the West.

At home we should defeat SC handily, and will be a ten point favorite imo.

Things can change but right now we are challenging for an SEC title. its hard to get our heads around that fact I know, but we are right there if we hold serve and find a way to upset Georgia.
    Last edited by kingcat; 09-23-2018 at 12:25 PM.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain