Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Unforgettable

Teacher Appreciation Day

M........is this Saturday at CWS for the MissStake game. Teachers who buy on-line can get tickets with a face value of $48 for $26 dollars. Larry Vaught reports there are still plenty of tickets available for purchase. I think it is great that underpaid teachers are getting this opportunity. Teachers apparently can share the purchase link with co-workers, friends, family, the garbage man, the milkman and ticket brokers. Anyone who knows a teacher can get a $26 dollar ticket.

While I am glad MB is finally getting off of his derrierre and doing something to sell tickets I wonder what kind of message it sends to those who pay full fare all the time. It’s a clear indication that ticket prices are out of line at a price the market will not support.

It appears to me the Head football coach and the astute athletics director are on separate missions. HC wants a large enthusiastic crowd that fills the stadium and the AD wants to maximize ticket prices regardless of what it does to attendance. Maybe this weak attempt to fill the stadium will satisfy the coach. But what is the AD going to do for the Vandy game or the MTSU game? No doubt USC jr and Uga games will be nearly a full house as the HC wishes. Unfortunately those crowds won’t give us the home field advantage the HC desires to motivate the team and impress recruits.

As those of you who are Matt Jones fans know, Stoops made a special appearance on the show to determine why fans don’t attend games. He followed that up this week with what some feel was a veiled threat saying he “expects a full house”. I believe this issue will continue to grow worse and could be a real problem if the team takes off and there is an empty house on Senior day. This problem isn’t going away any time soon. Remember, the price of next year’s season ticket packages goes up because there is an extra turkey home game next year.

https://lex18.com/sports/true-blue-s...d-on-saturday/
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 09-19-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    Real Fan since 1958

Unforgettable

Re: Teacher Appreciation Day

I did not see this John Clay article that hit the on line edition of HL, but he seems to be reporting on this topic.

14,000 unsold tix!! Holy Chit!

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-...218612465.html
    Real Fan since 1958

My wife is a teacher and I thought about trying to get tickets but #1 I'm sure they're up in the corners (and shouldn't be $48 to start with) and #2 there's too many hoops to jump thru unless you're a Fayette County teacher. You have to give them your school email and then wait for someone to get back with you telling you that you qualify before you can purchase the tickets. Her school email's domain is jefferson.kyschools.us.
    Last edited by Catfan73; 09-19-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    Don't panic

Unforgettable

Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
    My wife is a teacher and I thought about trying to get tickets but #1 I'm sure they're up in the corners (and shouldn't be $48 to start with) and #2 there's too many hoops to jump thru unless you're a Fayette County teacher. You have to give them your school email and then wait for someone to get back with you telling you that you qualify before you can purchase the tickets. Her school email's domain is jefferson.schools.us.
    They can’t even handle the promotion without a hassle.

You bring up an interesting point by reference to the Fayette Co. Schools. Everything this athletics department does always seems to be Lexington Centric and not Kentucky Centric. They try to run it like it is the Lexington Legends franchise.
    Last edited by MickintheHam; 09-19-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Real Fan since 1958

I edited the domain; I had left out the ky part. Its obviously not only a teacher but a KENTUCKY teacher. They do stuff like this but like you said unless you're in Lexington its mostly just lip service.
    Don't panic

I logged on to see if, by some strange miracle, I could use a teacher email address I have. I have used mine dozens of times for purchasing items before as a result of teaching at two different places. It's always very easy; sometimes you have to put your email address in, and they'll send something back to that email (verifying it's legitimate) that you have to click, and sometimes they just take your word for it with the valid email.

Unfortunately, I received a message "Error! Email not valid"

It ought to be easy. You know, so what if a few get a small discount that is undeserved. It would allow everyone who does deserve it to get it easily. Some of them will likely be like Catfan73 and just say to heck with it because of the trouble.

There seems to be mixed messages in the promotion. From the promotion itself:

All teachers will be able to purchase $26 tickets to the Mississippi State game and receive a rally towel package.

However, later it says,

Contact Nathan Schwake at WeAreUK@uky.edu to register your school district and be eligible to receive access to this exclusive $26 ticket package.

I assume that means unless the entire school district pre-registers, no individual teacher can do it. I'm a bad example, but I can't be the only one who lives in an outlying area who might consider going to a game, and having the $22 discount offset the high cost of gas of traveling hundreds of miles. But am I going to go to Samford University, and have someone email Nathan?

Maybe I can do it myself. But do I know that? It's confusing. It's cumbersome. Is it limited to just Kentucky teachers, too? I don't know. Can't tell.

The process isn't smooth. It's clunky. It's amateurish and unprofessional. Gives the impression of a low-rent operation.

JMO. I should be crediting them for appreciating teachers, I guess, but the other sort of overwhelms it for me.

I edited the domain; I had left out the ky part. Its obviously not only a teacher but a KENTUCKY teacher. They do stuff like this but like you said unless you're in Lexington its mostly just lip service.
    That answered a question I had.

Mind is I ask where she is a teacher, my girlfriend is a teacher also in Jefferson Co.
    My wife is a teacher and I thought about trying to get tickets but #1 I'm sure they're up in the corners (and shouldn't be $48 to start with) and #2 there's too many hoops to jump thru unless you're a Fayette County teacher. You have to give them your school email and then wait for someone to get back with you telling you that you qualify before you can purchase the tickets. Her school email's domain is jefferson.kyschools.us.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

4th grade at the Brown school. She started out at Wheatley, watching drug deals go down outside the window. Got out of there and went to Brown, then went to Wilder so she and our son could be at the same school, then back to Brown. Where's your gf?
    Don't panic

Catfan sent you a PM.
    Big Blue Mist Will Consume You

It's confusing. It's cumbersome.
    Have you ever seen UK do anything that did not qualify for the same description and it is obvious to me that they do it on purpose. They have to work at it to make it that way as by leaving out all the freaking qualifiers and hoops it would be a simple process for all.
    seeya
    dan

ďI am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.Ē Hunter S Thompson

Unforgettable

Poster on one of the UK facebook fan sites says the ticket office sent tickets to Paintsville and are selling them for $10 each.
    Real Fan since 1958