Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Question for our resident Montana politician

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    It takes 2/3 vote of the senate to impeach, I don't see that happening.
    House can send the impeachment though, and that's what they would try to do if they won the House. Simple majority, if they have both they can drag that crap out as a spectacle even though he'd never be removed.

Same as Clinton. The votes were never there, only reason to do it is to make a political scene, and it is myopic b/c the voters don't care.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Not sure I agree with what I bolded. People have their minds made up, and the ones that don’t are pissed. I wouldn’t say they are indifferent at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    House can send the impeachment though, and that's what they would try to do if they won the House. Simple majority, if they have both they can drag that crap out as a spectacle even though he'd never be removed.

Same as Clinton. The votes were never there, only reason to do it is to make a political scene, and it is myopic b/c the voters don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post

The Clinton impeachment backfired in a big way. I suspect any impeachment attempts by the Dems would be disastrous in 2020.

The Clinton impeachment backfired in a big way. I suspect any impeachment attempts by the Dems would be disastrous in 2020.
    Politicians only hear their hard base. Far leftist will eat that up but normal people by and far will not. This BS with Kavaaugh is exactly what the GOP needed, and if he fails tonget confirmed, as the dems want, the Nov midterms are a disaster for them. The Republicans could not have asked for a better situation. It like the dems keep running Hillary...a gift that keeps giving
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Politicians only hear their hard base. Far leftist will eat that up but normal people by and far will not. This BS with Kavaaugh is exactly what the GOP needed, and if he fails tonget confirmed, as the dems want, the Nov midterms are a disaster for them. The Republicans could not have asked for a better situation. It like the dems keep running Hillary...a gift that keeps giving
    Couldn't agree more. And as someone who is personally moderate to left...its incredibly frustrating to see.
    Its like being a Sac Kings fan (I am not). You just watch the decisions they make and genuinely believe that a guy sitting at a coffee shop working (me) could do a much better job making these decisions.
    They live in a vacuum. All politicians really do.
    Its why Trump won. He didn't live in that same vaccuum. He discovered the pulse of the people and ran with it.
    If the Dems run with Biden in 2020 it will all happen again. He would have no chance of winning imo.
    ~Puma~

I believe, and it isnt an original thought, that the Democrats’ reliance on identity politics led directly to Trump. Not only has the left divided the public into tiny chunks of america defined solely by individual characteristics, but in the last few years it has enthusiastically and maliciously attacked white men, calling them toxic, and various types of women as well. Pro-life women, for example. Stay at home women.

And it has developed violent, immoral tactics.

A moderate male like me is being pushed to only vote red, partially out of self preservation.

Every time I see antifa, paid rioters and paid protestors burning buildings, smashing windows, shrieking in elevators, I am less inclined to vote blue. And, I see that a lot!

Republicans are the party of churchgoers, Joe Sixpack, Main Street and Wall Street. Democrats are the party of Pajama boy, Jennifer Yogamat, ivory tower faculty and entitled bureaucrats. I like beer.
    Last edited by bigsky; 10-05-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsky View Post
    I believe, and it isnt an original thought, that the Democrats’ reliance on identity politics led directly to Trump. Not only has the left divided the public into tiny chunks of america defined solely by individual characteristics, but in the last few years it has enthusiastically and maliciously attacked white men, calling them toxic, and various types of women as well. Pro-life women, for example. Stay at home women.

And it has developed violent, immoral tactics.

A moderate male like me is being pushed to only vote red, partially out of self preservation.

Every time I see antifa, paid rioters and paid protestors burning buildings, smashing windows, shrieking in elevators, I am less inclined to vote blue. And, I see that a lot!

Republicans are the party of churchgoers, Joe Sixpack, Main Street and Wall Street. Democrats are the party of Pajama boy, Jennifer Yogamat, ivory tower faculty and entitled bureaucrats. I like beer.
    I don’t understand how the Joe Manchin types stick with the Dems.

I don’t understand how the Joe Manchin types stick with the Dems.
    IMO Manchin does it b/c it improves his value, esp. in DC. as a Republican he'd be a voice in a chorus, but as a Democrat in a deep red state who votes red and blue, he's a swing vote who must be courted by both sides, piling up money and political chips and campaign funds in the process.

and the West Virginia party apparatus is pretty strong.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

And Manchin lives up to form. Votes yes to cover his base, but only after the win was assured, so he can say he would have been confirmed anyway. Guy plays the fence well.