Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

OT: Please pray for North Carolina

I am safe, but had to evacuate. So much devastation here gang......we have at least 2 more days of this constant pounding of wind and rain. I have friends homes completely under water. This is the worst that I have ever seen or been through. Please pray!

Peace and love,

Richard (CW)

Re: OT: Please pray for North Carolina

CW, I am very happy you and yours are safe. Take care friend and let us know if you need anything now or when you get back home.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Unforgettable

CW, glad to hear you are safe. Lots of friends I am thinking of given my 12 years in Wilmington. Hope the are all safe and remain so.

Praying for you, your family, friends, and all others affected by this storm.

My aunt lives in Fayetteville. Theyve hunkered down and are riding it out against my better judgement. Just glad my grandma wasnt staying with them at this time or Id have drove down there earlier in the week and evacuated her myself.

Unforgettable

Thanks for checking in CW. Keep us posted. And for those in East Tenn and Eastern Kentucky, BE PREPARED. Looks like incredible amount of rain isheaded for you in two days. Godspeed to all.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
    I am safe, but had to evacuate. So much devastation here gang......we have at least 2 more days of this constant pounding of wind and rain. I have friends homes completely under water. This is the worst that I have ever seen or been through. Please pray!

Peace and love,

Richard (CW)
    Glad you are safe. Good decision.

Rupp's Runt
    Arlington, Virginia, Kittyhawk, NC, Daytona Beach, Rupp Arena, and the Outer Rim Territories

Have to say a prayer for all those being affected. Horrible.
    This will be a day longer remembered. It has seen the end of Pitino and will soon see the end of Louisville. September 27, 2017

Fiddlin' Five

Glad you're okay and safe.
    Hurricanes are no fun. Andrew was my first. Wilma & Irma were both tough to deal with, prior to, during, and especially afterward.
    Prayers for all going through this event now.

All kind of statistics are staggering with this, but one that really stuck out to me was that the storm was going to dump 9.6 trillion gallons of water on the state of North Carolina alone. That's enough for the entire state to be covered in 10 inches of water.

Good article on the storm here. 7 deaths so far, and the ones that I really hate to see our the ones that are so preventable. Some guy gets electrocuted because he's outside in the rain trying to hook together two extension cords.

Richard, so glad you evacuated. I'm glad you are not this guy.

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproje...s-ongoing.html

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    Thanks for checking in CW. Keep us posted. And for those in East Tenn and Eastern Kentucky, BE PREPARED. Looks like incredible amount of rain is headed for you in two days. Godspeed to all.
    Not good. I had hoped that the high pressure system that has been parked over eastern KY and TN would turn the storm north and keep it out of the mountains.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Thankful that you are safe CW. Praying for all that are affected by the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Not good. I had hoped that the high pressure system that has been parked over eastern KY and TN would turn the storm north and keep it out of the mountains.
    Hazard is expected to get 2 to 2 1/2 inches of rain starting tonight and running thru Tuesday morning. They should be fine barring one of those 2 inch + holler filling thunder bursts
    Last edited by dan_bgblue; 09-16-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    seeya
    dan

CW, you doing ok? I don't know if it is safe for you to have returned yet or not, and I'm sure you have more important things to do than to check in here--but if you get a chance, we'd appreciate it.

I was wondering the same thing Darrell. Hope that, considering the circumstances, all is well.

Talked to a friend and co-worker this morning that lives a few miles east of Winston Salem which is about 70 miles from Raleigh and while the rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out, rivers are forecast to crest tomorrow but the major lakes in the area are still having to release water to relieve pressure on the dams and to relieve flooding issues behind the dams. Water is still rising in many flooded areas and relief from that flooding is still a few days away.

I hope CW is still in his safe spot.
    seeya
    dan

I hope all is well...for all and for selfish reasons.

We rescheduled a Pinehurst Golf trip from last Fri-Wed until this Fri-Wed.

We are being told all courses will be open on Wed/Thur and that other than a few downed trees and a lot of needle cleanup they will be good to go and all shops and restaurants will be open. One exception is the Little River Golf Club which had damage to its greens.

The Pinehurst area is almost 100% native sand so the water should drain out in a hurry. Was there on 2 different occasions many years ago for a little pasture pool. It was beautiful back then and I fee sure it has only gotten better since then.
    seeya
    dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
    Talked to a friend and co-worker this morning that lives a few miles east of Winston Salem which is about 70 miles from Raleigh and while the rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out, rivers are forecast to crest tomorrow but the major lakes in the area are still having to release water to relieve pressure on the dams and to relieve flooding issues behind the dams. Water is still rising in many flooded areas and relief from that flooding is still a few days away.

I hope CW is still in his safe spot.
    I heard that it would be several days before the "worst" danger might exist because of the rivers. Thanks, Dan.