Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Cubs Fans or baseball fans or Internet research gurus

Very briefly, my daughter is looking for a photograph or something from Wrigley Field on July 25th 2001. She needs this for a gift she is preparing and it has several dates of significance. She has managed to locate things from all the dates, except that one.

Any hints, suggestions, or other responses are appreciated.

A little more information. She has trolled Cub fan groups on the internet, message boards, and just about anything you can think of. She has one photograph from that day that is not good quality when blown up. She was hoping for a photograph of the scoreboard, where the Cubs won 6-5 over the Pirates that day, or something else, even a player on the field but from that day. Needs to have significance from that day, and be traceable to that day.

Re: Cubs Fans or baseball fans or Internet research gurus

That's very specific and doesn't sound like it was a "huge" day, a regular win versus something like a playoff win, etc. Going to be tough, I wish her luck.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    That's very specific and doesn't sound like it was a "huge" day, a regular win versus something like a playoff win, etc. Going to be tough, I wish her luck.
    It will be very tough, I think. Trying to hit special days for her boyfriend, including the day he and his grandfather went to see them play, first game he ever saw them play, Etc

I'm thinking Photoshop.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

I thought I did well getting her an Andre Dawson, Hall of Famer autographed Cubs hat.

Weird event. I was traveling down a Coral Gables road, and decided to stop in at the bank I used. Don't remember why, but I remember it wasn't anything significant. Anyway, it just so happened that Andre Dawson's sister worked at the same bank I used, and even at that branch. He was visiting his sister, and had a bunch of Cubs hats he was autographing and giving to anyone who wanted one.

I wanted one.

I ran across it the other day in a closet. As cluttered as I have stuff, that was amazing that I found it after years of not seeing it.

Darn I would love the Dawson auto hat!
    Big baseball fan.
    Did you try the cubs office they might have and archive of game photos or WGN TV might.
    Be worth a try.

I collect autos and have several hundred on cards, hats, balls and bats.

I found what I needed from a newspaper archive. Signed up for a free trial. Hope I remember to cancel before I pay the $78 for the six month subscription! But it's just too cool to go back and look at things. Located pics from three different newspapers.

Found an article from the Paducah paper when I graduated Tulane. Had no idea that they had a story on me as a "former Paducahan" lol. Wild stuff.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-13-2018 at 12:29 AM.