Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Tua Tagovailoa on 3rd downs this year

He's 10-for-10 for 207 yards, four touchdowns.

That's a QB rating of 405.88.

So, yeah.

"We want Bama!"

Re: Tua Tagovailoa on 3rd downs this year

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
    He's 10-for-10 for 207 yards, four touchdowns.

That's a QB rating of 405.88.

So, yeah.

"We want Bama!"
    It will be hard for another team to deny ‘Bama another title in January.

Blog Entries

The best chance of beating Bama will be when UK faces them in the SEC title game.
    Last edited by KSRBEvans; 09-11-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

I pray for all players to stay healthy on all teams. My allegiance is never worth that much to any school. But I do pray that Tua stays healthy. If he does, just gift-wrap the trophy for Alabama.

I know, I know. When everybody thinks something is a done deal, look out. But man, they are SO good with him offensively, and add in their usual defensive prowess, and it just seems to be a combination that can't be beaten.

Ole Miss has given Alabama trouble in Oxford the last few times they've visited. It will be interesting to see what happens Saturday.

Unforgettable

While I will not disagree with anything written above, I am obligated to point out that Bama was 26-2 with the other guy as a starter.

Two conclusions:

1. Jalen is/was pretty good, too.

2. Bama is pretty good.

But Bama's overall 3rd down success thus far this season is *way* better than last year. I don't know if it's just better execution on 3rd or simply not being in 3rd and "long" situations. I will note, however, that in what Darrell posted above that is just over 20 yards on a 3rd down play. Still not sure, though, if that was a function of what was needed or just great execution on the play. Regardless, *very* impressive.
    "The greatest obstacle to knowledge is not ignorance—it is the illusion of knowledge."
    - Daniel J. Boorstin

I pray for all players to stay healthy on all teams. My allegiance is never worth that much to any school. But I do pray that Tua stays healthy. If he does, just gift-wrap the trophy for Alabama.

I know, I know. When everybody thinks something is a done deal, look out. But man, they are SO good with him offensively, and add in their usual defensive prowess, and it just seems to be a combination that can't be beaten.

Ole Miss has given Alabama trouble in Oxford the last few times they've visited. It will be interesting to see what happens Saturday.
    MY SIU Salukis put 38 on Ole Miss by halftime last Saturday. Bama will start the second half with the 2nd string on the field.
    Follow me on Twitter @krcrider

Tua Tagovailoa on 3rd downs this year

26-2 is good.

28-0 is better.

Would love Bama in Atlanta!

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Would love Bama in Atlanta!
    They want no part of us. If you visit their message boards, they're afraid to even mention our name as a possible opponent this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Dokker View Post
    They want no part of us. If you visit their message boards, they're afraid to even mention our name as a possible opponent this year!
    Now that’s funny right there!

Saw a Heisman list with Benny on it about halfway down but no mention of Tua. He'll be at the top of all the lists soon.
    Don't panic

Unforgettable

26-2 is good.

28-0 is better.
    Good point!!! 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
    While I will not disagree with anything written above, I am obligated to point out that Bama was 26-2 with the other guy as a starter.

Two conclusions:

1. Jalen is/was pretty good, too.

2. Bama is pretty good.

But Bama's overall 3rd down success thus far this season is *way* better than last year. I don't know if it's just better execution on 3rd or simply not being in 3rd and "long" situations. I will note, however, that in what Darrell posted above that is just over 20 yards on a 3rd down play. Still not sure, though, if that was a function of what was needed or just great execution on the play. Regardless, *very* impressive.
    Jmho, but Hurts is an athlete that has become a good, and winning QB while Tua is a great QB who is also a good athlete.
    seeya
    dan

“I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.” Hunter S Thompson

If it means we are playing in the SEC Championship game I will take Bama all day long!

With numbers like that, it’s almost as if Tua took getting stopped/slowed on 1st and 2nd down personally!