Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: business cards

Rupp's Runt

business cards

Does anyone store their business cards electronically? Which app or program do you use and do you like it?

My president wants her assistant to start digitally storing hers. It would be easier if she would just scan them into her contacts but she would rather delegate that stuff. And obviously, she has every right to do that

business cards

Not even sure what you mean, so no, I don't.

Edit... Hit enter before I finished, sorry.

I use Camscanner Pro for my phone and it does a remarkable job of scanning, enhancing, etc. It also recognizes the edges of your subject 99% of the time with perfect accuracy, which is nice since you can have the document anywhere and it won't show the background.

I use a Fujitsu scanner for my home office, which vastly exceeds the capabilities of my offices many thousands of dollars more expensive version. Mine cost $499 but probably is less now. It would skin in a bunch of things at once, double-sided, included.

I don't think that's what you mean, though. There's probably some special app that recognizes business cards as a business card and scans it in as such. I don't use one, though.
    Last edited by Darrell KSR; 09-10-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Rupp's Runt

Re: business cards

There are plenty of apps to scan straight to your phone contacts, but I don't think that is what she is wanting. Her assistant may just do a spreadsheet and keep it. Basically, my President wants the cards, but doesn't want to do it herself or keep them

There are scanners just for this, but I've never used one.

I'm still confused.

Does she just want an image of the business cards, or does she want the contact information (sort of a digital rolodex) stored from the scan?

As you said, there are plenty of apps, and even scanners designed just for that purpose.

I'd go buy her a notebook with business card pages and just put the business cards in the slots. Actually, when I think back about it, that was by far the easiest I've ever used. Had categories for different things, such as colleagues, vendors, etc., and could flip the pages in a second or two and see a dozen cards at a glance. I may start that again. Sometimes computers aren't the right answer (Looking for CitizenBBN and Pedro's heads to roll with that one.)

Rupp's Runt

She wants them digitally. I think ultimately, I'll end up creating and email distro groups for her. I'd gladly buy her the scanner, but good scanners are not cheap.

Here's the best scanner on the market (IMHO) -- Fujitsu Scansnap. It has all the requisite software to do about anything, including business card applications. Also comes with a receipts application that parses information for business purposes, and a whole bunch of other things. But basically, it's an unbelievably good scanner.

https://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanS...s+card+scanner

4.6 stars with more than 1200 reviews for a nearly $500 machine (actually now $450). That ought to tell you it's a good one.

I have the older version, the S1500. If mine ever goes down, I'm going to look for a refurbished one and replace it with the exact same model, and spend less than $200.

They make a compact model that's about $250. I have that one, too, but gave that to my son.

I wish I could tell you something about a business card scanner--there are a lot of them out there, and some of them are very inexpensive. Have never used one dedicated for that purpose.

I love my scanners, though. My office has a large Xerox scanner/copier thing that costs more than new automobiles. The Fujitsu is better. I have used them both numerous times. I have sometimes brought home documents and files just so that I can use the "better" scanner lol. Fujitsu should really pay me to be their spokesperson.

Here's an article on the Scansnap ix500

https://lawyerist.com/fujitsu-scansn...canner-review/

I can't find the original article that convinced me to buy it about 10 years ago or so, but it was something like this:

https://blog.lawbiz.com/2009/05/arti...cansnap-s1500/

(By the way, you can get the ix500 cheaper than the one I linked, if you do without Neat. That's probably what I would do.)

+10 for Darrell's scanner. It is the cat's meow and takes up very little desk space. It is also quicker than a hiccup.
    seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

I have the slightly older model of that Fujitsu, works great.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.