Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: Lex Center board considering upgrading the video boards at Rupp

Lex Center board considering upgrading the video boards at Rupp

About time...drawing looks nice...too large to upload here though

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/12/20/2...-consider.html

Fab Five

Re: Lex Center board considering upgrading the video boards at Rupp

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelSteve View Post
    About time...drawing looks nice...too large to upload here though

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/12/20/2...-consider.html
    What's wrong with the "video boards" at Rupp? Those video tubes are the best 1980s technology available. You mean to tell me we'll get something as nice for basketball as what Auburn has? woohoo!

the video boards were all added in the renovation, thus the 12 years of age, they cost $250K each for the panels themselves ($3.2 overall including the displays at the scorer's table and such), are flat panel and were high quality at that time. Out of a $30+/- mil renovation they were a big chunk of the change.

The audio is the oldest part of the infrastructure, they were going to upgrade it as well but didn't have the money. That part is the original 70s system Of the two the video boards were deemed the most important b/c basketball needs video more than audio, most concerts bring their own sound equipment and video boards can generate revenue.

lexington center is non-profit and they put what they make back into the facilities, they aren't taking a big skim or anything.
    Last edited by CitizenBBN; 12-24-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Some QoL stuff to tide over the current tenant since full renovation of Rupp is still at least a couple years from even being started.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
    Some QoL stuff to tide over the current tenant since full renovation of Rupp is still at least a couple years from even being started.
    The boards really may fail and that's a problem for revenue and as you said for uk. Im assuming whatever they buy can the. Be used in the new facility.

My apologies for my tone above. I've worked w bill owen and Lcc gets a lot of grief from people not just uk fans and they really are doing what they can w what they have. Minter and his group created a lot of ill will in the community and w fans and it still lingers all these years later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    The boards really may fail and that's a problem for revenue and as you said for uk. Im assuming whatever they buy can the. Be used in the new facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Yeah, the article says the new boards could be moved whenever the renovation happens.