Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Do you use a cell phone cradle or anything to hold your cell phone in car?

One of those windshield mounts that hold the cell phone in a cradle?

Maybe a disc/magnet on the inside back of the cell phone case, attached to a car vent?

Spending so much time on the road using Waze that it's a pain to just keep it down on the console, or my leg, and look down when I want to see something, or pick it up, and hold it (which is officially against the law in Georgia, as of July 1). I spend a fair amount of time on the Georgia roadways as well.

Anything in particular you like or dislike? Have you tried more than one?

Re: Do you use a cell phone cradle or anything to hold your cell phone in car?

I'm usually wearing shorts about 9 months out of the year so its usually not a problem to keep it on my knee.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

I use a magnet that attaches to an air vent. Small thin piece of metal goes in the phone case to help hold the phone to the magnet. Makes the phone slightly heavier, but not bad.

I've used others that didn't hold up over time or the magnet wasn't strong enough so the phone would come off sometimes, but I've used this particular brand for a couple of years and no problems. 2 pack for $8.99 on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I use a magnet that attaches to an air vent. Small thin piece of metal goes in the phone case to help hold the phone to the magnet. Makes the phone slightly heavier, but not bad.

I've used others that didn't hold up over time or the magnet wasn't strong enough so the phone would come off sometimes, but I've used this particular brand for a couple of years and no problems. 2 pack for $8.99 on Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Clever... I’ve always just been a leg man, oh wait, wrong thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

Bombino

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Maybe a disc/magnet on the inside back of the cell phone case, attached to a car vent?

Spending so much time on the road using Waze that it's a pain to just keep it down on the console, or my leg, and look down when I want to see something, or pick it up, and hold it (which is officially against the law in Georgia, as of July 1). I spend a fair amount of time on the Georgia roadways as well.

Ahh, I just advised a few others on this last weekend. I've used the magnetic ones and they used to be my favorite. My current favorite though is this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CZ8KBR4..._N.sLBbDNN76CE

I have it mounted to my dashboard and it works extremely well. It has a layer of this very flexible silicone on the suction cup. This allows it to seal the textures on even moderately textured dashboards. It seals damn tight to be honest. I prefer dash mounted to window mount as it gets the phone in a better location for my vision workout blocking necessary parts of my field of view.

Additionally, I like the simple ratcheting mechanism to hold the phone in place. Place the phone in and squeeze the sides closed, the sides ratchet tight. To open grab the phone and hit the button on the back of the mount and the sides spring open. Very simple in action and works quite well, even on bumpy roads.

Lastly, as it's a wireless charger; if your phone supports that feature, then it removes the need to plug the phone in. Just place in the holder and go.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

A magnet on electronics?> This doesn't sound like a good idea?

I know this isn't a vintage floppy disc or anything, but still.
    People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer. But now, yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back.

Even with an all glass back, the OnePlus 6 doesn't support wireless charging, but that would have been ideal if it did.

Here's what I got.

I have it set up with the large sticky cup very low on the windshield, below my line of sight and next to the dashboard. The fulcrum-like piece has 3m adhesive on it, but I'm not using it, as it is perfectly stable without adhesive without bouncing.

I have the angle set up of the cradle about where the two photos show to the right of me, but dipped partially below the dashboard. It's a great angle where I barely have to take my eyes off the road yet doesn't obstruct vision.

I included a photo of a setup I considered briefly where I would mount it next to the gearshift, but didn't like dropping my head that far to see it.

I am also going to order the magnetic mounts. My phone came with a tpu transparent case, but I bought a more protective bumper case for everyday use. If I'm in a rental car or my wife's car, I will swap out cases while I'm in the car and use it, rather than move the mounted cradle.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
    A magnet on electronics?> This doesn't sound like a good idea?

I know this isn't a vintage floppy disc or anything, but still.
    That used to scare me, but I had people that continued to tell me it was ok. I kept thinking it would mess with the compass/GPS/some internal mechanism somehow. I'm still a little wary, but millions of people can't be wrong, can they?

Oh, wait...nevermind. There are a few million examples where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

We're required to be hands-free now in GA so I use a dash mount with a suction cup. In the summer the cup will come lose about once a month but during the winter its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockCat View Post
    We're required to be hands-free now in GA so I use a dash mount with a suction cup. In the summer the cup will come lose about once a month but during the winter its fine.
    I wish every state would pass that law. I think it's a good one. And that's speaking as a person who has frequently talked on his phone in the car, many times not hands-free.