Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Cool The Wildcats are Gearing up for the Gators in the Swamp

[B][/B
    Eddie Gran is going about the task of sharpening up the Cats to meet the challenge at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The place can get very rowdy so the team is practicing with the Gator noise this week.

Quarterback Terry Wilson said he had a little nerves in the Central Michigan game. "But I'm glad I saw the film," The quarterback said. "I did some good things and I did some bad things but I just go to work to correct things."

The play of Gunnar Hoak was notable late in the second quarter when Wilson went to the locker room with a stinger. He had sat there on the sideline and observed what the defense was doing and mentally infused himself into the game. This often times is the nature of being a backup quarterback.

Wilson remain the starter for the Florida game. Eddie Gran was asked if it was a cliche that a team improves the most between the first and second game in the season. Gran said that the statement is true in most cases. He fully expects the offense to perform much better this week than Saturday past.

Gran was very adamant in expressing his displeasure over the turnover situation. Kentucky has four turnovers in the first half but still took a one point lead into the locker-room. No doubt there was a feeling of disappointment at the quarterback play and rightly so but there's no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Gran said he thought the offensive line performed much better in the second half and he and Stoops said George Asafo-Adjei stood out in the offensive line. Drake Jackson said Big George as he is affectionately known is a professional on and off the football field. "He showed me how to work in the weight-room when I first got here," Jackson said. "Sometimes after you have been lifting three straight days and don't feel up to going in there a fourth day. He was the leader in the weight room and inspired me to want to go again." Asafo-Adjei along with others in the offensive line is doing it on the football field for Coach John Schlarman.

"They know they can't throw they ball up in the corner of the end zone and we have to get that corrected," Gran said. "We have to get that fixed. He (Wilson) settled down and made some good reads in the second half." Gran said the game was a little fast for both of them when the lights came on. "They know what they have to do this week playing against a great defense.

Unforgettable

Re: The Wildcats are Gearing up for the Gators in the Swamp

I'm not yet ready to put it all on Wilson. The O Line let CMU rush right up the middle forcing Wilson to get rid of the ball. Line is not playing up to their billing.
    Real Fan since 1958

Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
    I'm not yet ready to put it all on Wilson. The O Line let CMU rush right up the middle forcing Wilson to get rid of the ball. Line is not playing up to their billing.
    Our O-Line seems to start slow every season. That makes for a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on the QBs.

Fiddlin' Five

These are essentially the same players we had last year.
    If they cannot or will not win the game, who do we turn to then?
    And we already know that if there is absolutely, positively a way to lose the game at the last minute that we can count on Stoops to do it.
    This game screams "L".

Blog Entries

I don't believe UK will beat Florida again in my lifetime.

(I believe this, but also want to try to get some reverse jinx action going.)
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    And we already know that if there is absolutely, positively a way to lose the game at the last minute that we can count on Stoops to do it.
    This game screams "L".

I don't think we're going to win. But this post is where your feelings about Stoops cause you to overlook reality. The reality is that we have been very good in close games under Stoops, especially the last 2 seasons.

Have there been close games we have lost, even ones we should have won? ABSOLUTELY. But there have also been many very close games that we have won, especially the last two years. I know the losses are the ones you really wanted, but it is just flat inaccurate to say we can count on Stoops to lose a game at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
    Our O-Line seems to start slow every season. That makes for a lot of unnecessary wear and tear on the QBs.
    I guess the positive spin on that is that they really seem to improve each year .

(But yeah, I've noticed that, too.)

Fiddlin' Five

I know what I see when I see it. And I know what I saw last year against Florida. THAT is exactly when Stoops lost me. I have no use for him. Period.

What ever happened to forget and forgive

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I know what I see when I see it. And I know what I saw last year against Florida. THAT is exactly when Stoops lost me. I have no use for him. Period.

Really? It was so hard to tell.

Fiddlin' Five

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    Ha! When Hades freezes over. Naw, not even then.

Not sure the OL ever improves in the passing game, much more of a run blocking line but a stat that is just amazing Benny had around 850 yards after contact.
    That kind of tells me he is getting hit early so many the OL is not blocking well either, just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
    Not sure the OL ever improves in the passing game, much more of a run blocking line but a stat that is just amazing Benny had around 850 yards after contact.
    That kind of tells me he is getting hit early so many the OL is not blocking well either, just food for thought.
    Or maybe the receivers don't block well, or both. Yards after contact don't necessarily mean at the line of scrimmage and in the wildcat there's almost always someone there to meet him
    Don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
    `

Imagine how your daily life would have been and would be if UL had a 30 game winning streak against UK and they came to Commonwealth last year, went into the 4th quarter trailing by 2 touchdowns, and wound up winning the game because of the stupid errors made by the coaches and players in the 4th quarter.

This was also not the only case of dunderhead coaching by the current staff that had cost UK a win in the last 6 years. Your sporting life would be the pits and that is what suncat has to deal with on a daily basis in sunny Florida.
    seeya
    dan

I am more than just a Serious basketball fan. I am a life-long Addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky. Hunter S Thompson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
    I don't believe UK will beat Florida again in my lifetime.

(I believe this, but also want to try to get some reverse jinx action going.)
    You're welcome.
    All I did was stand up to a long laundry list of people who passed away today who couldn't stand up because what was done was wrong.--RP, 8/26/09