Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

Thread: John McCain passed this afternoon

John McCain passed this afternoon

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

Re: John McCain passed this afternoon

A patriot and a gentleman.

“Before I leave I’d like to see our politics begin to return to the purposes and practices that distinguish our history from the history of other nations,
    “I would like to see us recover our sense that we are more alike than different. We are citizens of a republic made of shared ideals forged in a new world to replace the tribal enmities that tormented the old one. Even in times of political turmoil such as these, we share that awesome heritage and the responsibility to embrace it.”
    -Patriot and Senator. John McCain

RIP John Sydney McCain. He marched to the beat of his own drummer.

RIP Senator. He always tried to do what he thought was right for his country.
    changing my signature to change our luck.

John McCain's own account of his capture, torture and imprisonment, from US News:

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...person-account

If he never did another thing for the rest of his life, what he did during that time should deem him an American hero in everyone's eyes.
    U really think players are going to duke without being paid over Kentucky?--Gilbert Arenas, 9/12/19

I actually believe he is one of the very few politicians who followed his own moral compass rather than the group think of his party. I didnt always agree but I repected his courage to follow his heart.
    Aging is an extraordinary process where you become the person you always should have been.--David Bowie.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I actually believe he is one of the very few politicians who followed his own moral compass rather than the group think of his party. I didnt always agree but I repected his courage to follow his heart.
    Thank you, Doc for saying my thoughts as well, so well.
    Rest easy, Senator McCain.
    One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.

seeya
    dan

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.

John McCain passed this afternoon

Thank you for your service to our country as a Navy pilot...RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I have touched all the so-called capitals of basketball, but when it gets down to the short stroke, the only true capital of basketball is in Lexington." AL McGuire

I liked him for some reason. He was a patriot and a hero. Also, in his political life he didn't go along to get along. "Civility" wasn't his big deal, yet he did get some respect from both parties even before he became the darling of the anti trumpers. Was he a "maverick"? Or just a guy who followed his own conscience and moral authority?

Rupp's Runt

He was an enigma, no doubt.
    I think he just enjoyed arguing, no matter what the point was. He lost me with his anti-Trump behavior. Guy was against the ACA before he was for it, but in the end he messed the American people over with his refusal to vote to repeal the law. That was his job, to protect the American people from harmful laws like that, to act in the best interests of his fellow citizens. His last hurrah in the U.S. Senate was to insure that the American people continued to suffer under the tyranny of a law that most of us didn't, and still don't want, to have to continue to pay illicit taxes and be forced to buy something that doesn't work.
    I respect him for his military service and physical sacrifices for our country. And for most of his service in the Congress.
    His disdain for Trump, and his final defiant actions in the Senate that hurt the American people he says he loved, will be his final legacy.

Lieberman's tribute this morning has been great. You can feel the love and respect. Some great anecdotes.
    Cool as a rule, but sometimes bad is bad.